Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck ranked #10 by Jaws in QB rankings

loudnproudcolt

Every year Ron Jaworski of ESPN does his top 32 quarterback countdown. He just got to the top #10 and this is where Jaws has him ranked, #10. He has some really good points about Luck, and it should be on Sportscenter Saturday, since it was on NFL Live today if anyone wants to tune in.

If anyone is interested where RGIII, Wilson, and Kapernick came in, since this is where all the comparisons have come, and who is the best QB, although Kaepernick has been in the league one year longer, they came in at the order above, at #13, #12, &11. So for everyone who gets tired of all the RGIII hype, and Kapernick news, at least someone who was a QB and really does a good job breaking them down, sees what we all do. At the close, he said he felt Luck could move up quite a bit after this year, and I have heard him say he thinks Luck has the highest ceiling, and if he were starting a franchise, out of these four QB's, Luck is who he would choose.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every year Ron Jaworski of ESPN does his top 32 quarterback countdown. He just got to the top #10 and this is where Jaws has him ranked, #10. He has some really good points about Luck, and it should be on Sportscenter Saturday, since it was on NFL Live today if anyone wants to tune in.

If anyone is interested where RGIII, Wilson, and Kapernick came in, since this is where all the comparisons have come, and who is the best QB, although Kaepernick has been in the league one year longer, they came in at the order above, at #13, #12, &11. So for everyone who gets tired of all the RGIII hype, and Kapernick news, at least someone who was a QB and really does a good job breaking them down, sees what we all do. At the close, he said he felt Luck could move up quite a bit after this year, and I have heard him say he thinks Luck has the highest ceiling, and if he were starting a franchise, out of these four QB's, Luck is who he would choose.

Of course IMO Jaws nailed it 12 is the real deal , When evaluating these QB's he looks passed the hype something that rarely happens around here . Add the improved O-line & a running game & Luck has what the other rookie QB's had  with all things equal  12 will eclipse these other QB's . :thmup:

:excited::yahoo::colts:

To state this as politely as I possibly can ... Matt Schaub is Garbage

QB1: 64.3 completion %, 7.4 yards per throw, 250.5 yards a game, 12 INTS, 90.7 Passer rating

QB2: 54.1 completion %, 7 yards per throw, 273.4 yards/game, 18 INTS, 76.5 Passer rating

Guess which QB is Schaub? And after doing that, take a guess at who QB2 is as well.

QB1: 64.3 completion %, 7.4 yards per throw, 250.5 yards a game, 12 INTS, 90.7 Passer rating

QB2: 54.1 completion %, 7 yards per throw, 273.4 yards/game, 18 INTS, 76.5 Passer rating

Guess which QB is Schaub? And after doing that, take a guess at who QB2 is as well.

has team two games away from home field and blows it that is all .

has team two games away from home field and blows it that is all .

Yep, that was all on the QB, no one else to blame. I guess we can put that playoff win all on Schaub too with that logic. How did QB2 do in the playoffs?

guess which QB had a fabulous offensive line and a top 3-4 RB , plus a excellent back up ?

guess what QB had the worst offensive line in football. So bad that as low as one player is projected to have his starting job by season's end. The primary RB was a middle of the road rookie who was very raw in the passing game.

which guy played with a bunch of rookies and a OC that ran mostly down field stuff that led to that low completion rate and high int rate ? 

which guy led a "urine poor" team to just one win less than the QB with the far superior team.

which guy looked about 20X's better than the other guy in the Pro Bowl ? One looked to have a pop gun for an arm while the other was throwing bullets I know it's a garbage game but I really was surprised to see how how much better Luck threw the ball in that game.

guess which QB had a fabulous offensive line and a top 3-4 RB , plus a excellent back up ?

guess what QB had the worst offensive line in football. So bad that as low as one player is projected to have his starting job by season's end. The primary RB was a middle of the road rookie who was very raw in the passing game.

which guy played with a bunch of rookies and a OC that ran mostly down field stuff that led to that low completion rate and high int rate ?

which guy led a "urine poor" team to just one win less than the QB with the far superior team.

which guy looked about 20X's better than the other guy in the Pro Bowl ? One looked to have a pop gun for an arm while the other was throwing bullets I know it's a garbage game but I really was surprised to see how the difference in how much better Luck threw the ball in that game.

So whenever the argument fits Ballard is a nobody runningback. Right. We all know how much he contributed so let's not play that game. And 12 is the sole reason the team was turned around, despite his league-high turnover ratio. Nothing to do with the defense playing hard when it mattered or the running game or ST either. It was all the QB. As far as the Pro Bowl goes I don't see how it has anything to do with anything, but if we are going to play that game, guess who was voted in by the fans and guess who was an alternate?

I'm really trying to avoid having this stupid debate again. I only posted the QB1 and QB2 to prove a point. Don't call a guy garbage if your own Savior played worse than he did.

Funny that a first year QB with less did slightly under a ninth year QB that had more to work with on both sides of the ball. 

Yep, that was all on the QB, no one else to blame. I guess we can put that playoff win all on Schaub too with that logic. How did QB2 do in the playoffs?

Hard to really rate Luck's performance considering he had no protection , no running game and God only knows how many dropped balls. But maybe we can just go by QB ratings ....

Funny that a first year QB with less did slightly under a ninth year QB that had more to work with on both sides of the ball. 

His stats are inflated due to the number of times he threw the football. Funny how every rookie QB with the exception of Tannehill and Weeden did better than your guy as well as Schaub did. Yet you hate the media when they rank them ahead of him and love them when they don't.

Colts lost to the Super Bowl champions

Texans won vs a team who hasn't won a playoff game in 22 years

Hard to really rate Luck's performance considering he had no protection , no running game and God only knows how many dropped balls. But maybe we can just go by QB ratings ....

We definitely don't want to go by QBR. Schaub is ahead of 12 in that too.

His stats are inflated due to the number of times he threw the football. Funny how every rookie QB with the exception of Tannehill and Weeden did better than your guy as well as Schaub did. Yet you hate the media when they rank them ahead of him and love them when they don't.

Have to say that's the nature of the board and why many of us, me too, i am no exception waited till Luck Ranked in top 10 till we liked the list, otherwise yes we would of been down on it

Colts lost to the Super Bowl champions

Texans won vs a team who hasn't won a playoff game in 22 years

Texans beat the SB champions in the regular season and would have done the same against them in the playoffs. Colts got embarassed and had not a single TD against the Ravens.

Don't call a guy garbage if your own Savior played worse than he did.

he didnt play worse.

Answer this ? and this debate can be over:  If the Colts offer Luck to the Texans straight up for Schaub....would you want the Texans to accept the trade?

Have to say that's the nature of the board and why many of us, me too, i am no exception waited till Luck Ranked in top 10 till we liked the list, otherwise yes we would of been down on it

Yep. And now here we are with a thread doomed to be closed because of petty disagreements as well. I wonder how high he'll be ranked at the end of '13. Depending on the progress he makes it should be interesting.

So whenever the argument fits Ballard is a nobody runninhback. Right. We all know how much he contributed so let's not play that game. As far as the Pro Bowl goes I don't see how it has anything to do with anything, but if we are going to play that game, guess who was voted in by the fans and guess who was an alternate?

Really pretty lame response. Ballard was Ballard. No one here has ever claimed he was a top RB. Last I knew , the Colts just signed a guy for a little over a mill that sat on the free agent market forever and he's probably first on the depth chart. "play that game"... something wrong with you ?

Pro Bowl... Both guys played under the same circumstances  , one looked like a pile of poop and the other looked like a stud. 

If you want to go by votes. OK ... let's play that game. Luck was voted No. 23 by his PEERS . I keep looking at the list and I cannot find your guy. I keep looking and looking. Can you help me out buddy ? Is it possible that he could be as low as 125 ? Maybe 150 ? LOL with your "voting poop...

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, July 14, 2013 - personal argument
Hidden by Nadine, July 14, 2013 - personal argument

We definitely don't want to go by QBR. Schaub is ahead of 12 in that too.

Gosh you don't even realize when someone is pimping you...

he didnt play worse.

Answer this ? and this debate can be over:  If the Colts offer Luck to the Texans straight up for Schaub....would you want the Texans to accept the trade?

Potential vs reality are two separate things. Of course there's potential on Andy's side, but I know that Schaub has the experience to carry us over the hump at this point in time. Guys like Rodgers, Brady, Brees I would take, but these young guys are raw. After a substantial and consistent body of work for the next three years, if he plays up to the high expectations attributed to him, then yes, I would consider. But Schaub would also have to play poorly or not as well as Andy in that time period.

Yep. And now here we are with a thread doomed to be closed because of petty disagreements as well. I wonder how high he'll be ranked at the end of '13. Depending on the progress he makes it should be interesting.

of course QB takes all the blame and all the claim & fortune in a TEAM SPORT, yet as we can see by this offseason contracts especially , only QB gets top dollar at expense of the team down the line

Really pretty lame response. Ballard was Ballard. No one here has ever claimed he was a top RB. Last I knew , the Colts just signed a guy for a little over a mill that sat on the free agent market forever and he's probably first on the depth chart. "play that game"... something wrong with you ?

Pro Bowl... Both guys played under the same circumstances  , one looked like a pile of poop and the other looked like a stud. 

If you want to go by votes. OK ... let's play that game. Luck was voted No. 23 by his PEERS . I keep looking at the list and I cannot find your guy. I keep looking and looking. Can you help me out buddy ? Is it possible that he could be as low as 125 ? Maybe 150 ? LOL with your "voting poop...

Pro Bowl>>>>>>>Some random list compiled by only 20% of players, if that. lmao. And yes, you all sang the high praises of Ballard until you got a new toy. Same thing with Manning, and now he's just been discarded and designated Public Enemy #1. Numbers don't lie. Schaub>>>Mr. Interception.

Gosh you don't even realize when someone is pimping you...

Not sure what that means, but okay. Useless dribble is all I've been reading in your comments anyway...

of course QB takes all the blame and all the claim & fortune in a TEAM SPORT, yet as we can see by offseason contracts, only QB gets top dollar at expense of the team down the line

No, some QBs seem exempt of blame for some reason, but they get all the claim in the world. But you're very right about the top dollar thing. Flacco, Rodgers...yikes.

Texans beat the SB champions in the regular season and would have done the same against them in the playoffs. Colts got embarassed and had not a single TD against the Ravens.

Bleacher report. Only thing missing is the incredible number of drops. I believe it was around 7

he Real Story

Andrew Luck is an incredible quarterback.

That's what the tape shows.

The Colts were manhandled at the line all day, and while maybe Luck wasn't perfect, I don't know many quarterbacks that could have done more with what he had to work with. The hits, sacks and constant pressure would have crumbled most young players and frustrated grizzled veterans.

Luck hung tough and kept chucking.

I'm sure he was frustrated, but his body language stayed positive all game long.

Defensively, the Colts played more or less to their capabilities. They allow 24 points a game on average and gave up 24 points to an average offense. It was a fair performance given the obvious limitations of the weak talent the team has.

The Colts lost because while they moved the ball, they couldn't score touchdowns. Drives stalled as Luck was wasting at least a down every down series with a sack, a throw-away, a drop or just being hit as he threw.

The Colts can be proud of their young quarterback, who will only get better. If the rest of the offensive skill players can raise their game, this offense will be very good very soon.

I think it's completely fair to say Schaub is better than Luck right now, but it's not by much. I definitely think Luck will surpass him this season or the next. Schaub is no Manning or Brady but he is still a solid QB with a lot of experience. I can't speak for all Texans fans but my guess is they would (reluctantly) admit Luck is on the verge of passing Schaub. Just my opinion.

No, some QBs seem exempt of blame for some reason, but they get all the claim in the world. But you're very right about the top dollar thing. Flacco, Rodgers...yikes.

well peyton sure seems to get 1 & done blame but that a thread rehashed to many times and will lead to faster closing of thread so lets not go there

Flacco, Rodgers are seting a crazy bar, seems like Stafford was a steal, Lions will get hurt because he & megatron  together  take up major portion of cap ,,  when u r best WR in game u can command it

Have a good day

"His stats are inflated due to the number of times he threw the football." Did you just really say that. wow. But you still don't have a explanation on why a rookie did just slightly less than a 9th year player who had a stacked team on both sides of the ball. 

Bleacher report. Only thing missing is the incredible number of drops. I believe it was around 7

he Real Story

Andrew Luck is an incredible quarterback.

That's what the tape shows.

The Colts were manhandled at the line all day, and while maybe Luck wasn't perfect, I don't know many quarterbacks that could have done more with what he had to work with. The hits, sacks and constant pressure would have crumbled most young players and frustrated grizzled veterans.

Luck hung tough and kept chucking.

I'm sure he was frustrated, but his body language stayed positive all game long.

Defensively, the Colts played more or less to their capabilities. They allow 24 points a game on average and gave up 24 points to an average offense. It was a fair performance given the obvious limitations of the weak talent the team has.

The Colts lost because while they moved the ball, they couldn't score touchdowns. Drives stalled as Luck was wasting at least a down every down series with a sack, a throw-away, a drop or just being hit as he threw.

The Colts can be proud of their young quarterback, who will only get better. If the rest of the offensive skill players can raise their game, this offense will be very good very soon.

Aaron Rodgers was manhandled all season as well but he was still his spectacular self. Again, I believe that the potential is there, and I do give Andy credit for managing with what he had. That said, I still don't think that's cause to believe he is better than every other QB in the league. (Exaggeration, of course.)

Please....it was still a game going into the 4th quarter.

Broncos also beat the ravens in the regular season

well peyton sure seems to get 1 & done blame but that a thread rehashed to many times and will lead to faster closing of thread so lets not go there

Flacco, Rodgers are seting a crazy bar, seems like Stafford was a steal, Lions will get hurt because he & megatron  together  take up major portion of cap ,,  when u r best WR in game u can command it

Have a good day

haha we might as well Barry, the thread is going to be closed anyway. Just a feeling. And yeah, I didn't know Stafford had gotten paid so much. We'll see what that team is made of in the coming seasons. I think Rodgers can make lowly receivers look good but Flacco will be the one who suffers most from the big money contract.

"His stats are inflated due to the number of times he threw the football." Did you just really say that. wow. But you still don't have a explanation on why a rookie did just slightly less than a 9th year player who had a stacked team on both sides of the ball. 

Your special teams was better, for one. You had more than one receiver who was a threat to score, and your offense wasn't nearly as one-dimensional as ours was. I find it incredible Foster still got as many TDs as he did, considering the defense knew full and well who was getting the football every game.

Not sure what that means, but okay. Useless dribble is all I've been reading in your comments anyway...

Hopefully my "dribble" is not at all like your 5000 posts on a Colt board. You must have a lot of time on your hands...

Please....it was still a game going into the 4th quarter.

Broncos also beat the ravens in the regular season

As was ours, later in the 4th. The Ravens were also the only playoff team the Broncos beat, and while I admit I thought they would win that game, I wasn't too surprised when they lost. It's the same reason I'm not as high on the Broncos right now like everyone else is. I know they have Manning but there's still something about them I don't trust. But maybe they will rise to expectations and do very well this year, even against top competition.

Hopefully my "dribble" is not at all like your 5000 posts on a Colt board. You must have a lot of time on your hands...

I have a full-time job and I am a college student. I love my leisure when I get it. And check out my likes on my profile...it seems my posts have a little merit to them than some just thinking they are lame because I cheer for another team. ;)