Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts could end up playing one game a year in London.

IrishColt22

Correct they did ground share for a couple of seasons, but Loftus Rd is the worst stadium to get to in my experience. Well ok I've been once but it was a nightmare!

Olympic stadium could be interesting, might as well get our money's worth put of it.

Yes too that Steel City is Sheffield home of the mighty Sabres and Warriors :)

haha Another Sheffield based colts fan!

And I would love having a colts game in the UK every year. Would be good fun making the trip, would get sold out in minutes though which is the only downside.

haha Another Sheffield based colts fan!

And I would love having a colts game in the UK every year. Would be good fun making the trip, would get sold out in minutes though which is the only downside.

I managed to get 49ers tickets for later in the year so quite looking forward to that one

For me, neither, I'm not a Sheffield native. I support Preston. The Red Sox thought they had a long wait...

Nice was actually at Deepdale earlier this year serious stadium pity they in league one always liked Preston always seemed to be the bridesmaids never the bride when it came to Championship playoff.. they playing Liverpool soon aren;t in the Bill Shankly Bday match that should be good fun. 

Nice was actually at Deepdale earlier this year serious stadium pity they in league one always liked Preston always seemed to be the bridesmaids never the bride when it came to Championship playoff.. they playing Liverpool soon aren;t in the Bill Shankly Bday match that should be good fun.

We don't even get invited to the wedding these days :)

I've not been in two years as I'm boycotting the club due to the current ownership. I had minor shares in the club and objected in the way club was purchased and has since been financially crippled.

I say this as Khan has just purchased Fulham Fc and could be the beginning of the London Jags. Personally i would love this as London is only an hour flight from Ireland and make it much more accessible to get to games as even now that there is two game they sold out pretty sharpish. Jags could us Loftus Road in conjunction, i would say however it isn't that big a stadium in relation to current NFL sizes. still tho the prospect of colts in London every year Loving it :). Thoughts?

Big difference between a soccer team than an american football team. 

We don't even get invited to the wedding these days :)

I've not been in two years as I'm boycotting the club due to the current ownership. I had minor shares in the club and objected in the way club was purchased and has since been financially crippled.

Going to be honest don't know much about current or past politics of the club. But I understand your position. I'm a united fan so had a similar experience with Glazers so I sort of know where your coming from.

How so?

Does that really need to be explained to you? Just because an owner bought a soccer team does not mean he is thinking about moving his NFL team to London like was commented on. Soccer is the #1 sport in England so why would the owner mix the two? You know that football needs to get started as articles and or opinions like these can be put to rest. 

Does that really need to be explained to you? Just because an owner bought a soccer team does not mean he is thinking about moving his NFL team to London like was commented on. Soccer is the #1 sport in England so why would the owner mix the two? You know that football needs to get started as articles and or opinions like these can be put to rest.

Oh I understand that I never said he was just saying he might be thinking about it... But you didn't answer my question.

Would kill for a colts game in the UK.  We keep getting bucs and other rubbish.  Did manage to take in the Falcons vs 49ers NFC championship this year when I was in Atlanta and will be going to LOS later this year but have to say that the trip from the North East of Scotland to Indy is a ball ache.

Would kill for a colts game in the UK.  We keep getting bucs and other rubbish.  Did manage to take in the Falcons vs 49ers NFC championship this year when I was in Atlanta and will be going to LOS later this year but have to say that the trip from the North East of Scotland to Indy is a ball ache.

To put it mildly, I've had quick look at flights to Indy before, prohibitive cost to just to it on a whim. 

That would be about a 4 hour drive lol.

Had a quick look, not much saving in flight costs at all, and I don't know how I'd feel about driving in the US, I must shamefacedly admit for whatever reason I'm incapable of driving an automatic. No idea why, but I don't like not having a clutch for close maneuvering and don't trust the "creep". 

Had a quick look, not much saving in flight costs at all, and I don't know how I'd feel about driving in the US, I must shamefacedly admit for whatever reason I'm incapable of driving an automatic. No idea why, but I don't like not having a clutch for close maneuvering and don't trust the "creep".

The only plus I can think of, to flying into Chicago, is that more airlines fly into the Chicago airports than the Indy. The drive isn't too bad. Once you get on I-65 it's just straight the entire way lol.

Not worth the drive though. It makes much more sense to fly into Indy direct.

The only plus I can think of, to flying into Chicago, is that more airlines fly into the Chicago airports than the Indy. The drive isn't too bad. Once you get on I-65 it's just straight the entire way lol.

Not worth the drive though. It makes much more sense to fly into Indy direct.

They don't do direct flights to Indy (from London anyway, so I suspect from all of the UK). I have to change at O'Hare. The flight time is 51 minutes, but you have all that airport hanging round malarkey which just elong.......ates the change over. I'll be spending nearly 6 hours in Chicago airport during my short visit, which is a real pain.

That is an awful idea. American football is not popular over there. When people playing darts on tv is more popular that watching American football then it is time to just stop. NFL Europe failed for a reason.

How would you know? NFL Europe failed for many reasons, the key one being the level of players.

One right here buster. And I'm going to Indy in October. There is some pretty rabid jealousy about games in London. No Britain, no NFL. Find out about the roots of the game. Get over yourselves. Jet lag? What a joke. Most of these players are clubbing until 5am most nights, and you worry about a 6 hour flight.I understand why most don't want it to happen, but don't use stupid reasons to try and justify it.Fire away...

No Britain, no NFL??? Craziness... England can claim Rugby, but Football is American...

I must shamefacedly admit for whatever reason I'm incapable of driving an automatic. No idea why, but I don't like not having a clutch for close maneuvering and don't trust the "creep". 

I'm quite sure that I've never heard that before. ;) Manuals certainly are more fun and have distinct advantages, but automatics are vastly easier in every respect. Just ask the next female senior citizen you see puttering along in one. You may not know this, but you can stop the "creep" by putting your foot on the brake. haha. If you can drive a stick, you can drive an auto. Trust me.

The only problem I've ever had with an auto is when changing back and forth from a manual. A few times I've instinctively "clutched" in an automatic, which has the effect of about putting you through the windshield because your body isn't expecting a sudden full-force application of the brakes. :lol: Fortunately that instinct only kicks in when rolling slow in traffic, and the only downside is looking like a complete lunatic to anyone in the vicinity.

I'm quite sure that I've never heard that before. ;) Manuals certainly are more fun and have distinct advantages, but automatics are vastly easier in every respect. Just ask the next female senior citizen you see puttering along in one. You may not know this, but you can stop the "creep" by putting your foot on the brake. haha. If you can drive a stick, you can drive an auto. Trust me.

The only problem I've ever had with an auto is when changing back and forth from a manual. A few times I've instinctively "clutched" in an automatic, which has the effect of about putting you through the windshield because your body isn't expecting a sudden full-force application of the brakes. :lol: Fortunately that instinct only kicks in when rolling slow in traffic, and the only downside is looking like a complete lunatic to anyone in the vicinity.

Oh I know the theory.... I don't know how to explain. I'm so used to using my left leg as the fine control (lifting up to the bite to nudge forward) and right to stop it just doesn't feel right to not do anything to go and my left to stop. I'm sure I'd get used to it if I applied myself but on the few occasions I've had to move an automatic I've suffered the near windscreen exit effect you describe. Much to the amusement of the watching crowd. 

I also have a bad habit of using downshifts for braking, especially into tight corners (you have corners in the US right? :P). Not very kind to the car but a lot of fun. 

When I last took my car in for a service they offered me a courtesy which happened to be an automatic, and the girl on the desk looked at me like I was recent escapee from the local institute when I said I couldn't drive automatics only manuals.

No Britain, no NFL??? Craziness... England can claim Rugby, but Football is American...

Actually ypu can claim American football but not football. Just like I can claim Gaelic football. While we may call it football It isn't the original football. That is one thing the English can claim

Oh I know the theory.... I don't know how to explain. I'm so used to using my left leg as the fine control (lifting up to the bite to nudge forward) and right to stop it just doesn't feel right to not do anything to go and my left to stop. I'm sure I'd get used to it if I applied myself but on the few occasions I've had to move an automatic I've suffered the near windscreen exit effect you describe. Much to the amusement of the watching crowd. 

I also have a bad habit of using downshifts for braking, especially into tight corners (you have corners in the US right? :P). Not very kind to the car but a lot of fun. 

When I last took my car in for a service they offered me a courtesy which happened to be an automatic, and the girl on the desk looked at me like I was recent escapee from the local institute when I said I couldn't drive automatics only manuals.

I hear you - just teasing. One point which might make a difference - I brake right footed regardless of what I'm driving. I'm pretty sure that's conventional. If I tried to brake with my left I'd probably end up braking and accelerating at the same time. The next time you might try pulling your leg back and putting it flat-footed (if it will fit) so that any effort to move it unconsciously will feel so weird it will remind you of what's going on. It's really just along for the ride. The right legs role doesn't really change.

I think that downshifting to slow is a good habit! Might be a little rough on the trany if you stink at it, but little harm if you time it right, and it saves your brakes. Plus it sounds cool, feels great, and sets you up to accelerate through a curve at a point where an auto trans will be just plodding along. Yes, we do have some curves here haha and as I said a manual is MUCH more fun to drive. Maybe you could tell could them "I REFUSE to drive an automatic because it bores me to tears", rather than "I can't". :P Good luck even finding a manual to rent over here in the first place.

By the way, one thing I think I would have difficulty with is driving a manual on the right. Getting used to the opposite side of the road is tough enough, but using my off hand to shift (and trying to concentrate to make sure I didn't throw it into the wrong gear) has got to be a challenge.

The British don't want our trash. I'm sure they would send the Jaguars right back once they got shipped over there.

They cant call themselves the Jaguars though. It would have to be the "London Leopards."

The British Empire has a decorated & glorious history, which I studied extensively in college. They went through the American Revolution. Isn't that enough bloodshed & torture for 1 country?  haha  The English have suffered enough pain without adding the Jaguars to the English countryside.

The London Lepers is more like it. The Jacksonville Jaguars do play like an outcast, exiled franchise subject to paralysis, no division titles, minimal playoff berths, & no real threat to any other NFL squad. So, the new name would actually fit like a glove. Just Kidding!