Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jaws' QB Countdown well underway....

NewColtsFan

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you're our resident Patriots guest....    I wanted to share with you that this morning,  Jaws made Tom Brady #3....

Peyton and Rodgers are left.     Personally,  I would've made Peyton 3 and Brady 2....   but that's just me....

Yeah, I don't know. I don't get too caught up in these things to be honest. I think it is like splitting hairs btw the top three anyways. I actually would have Peyton at #1 as he had the best season at least in the regular season anyways ...

I have a tough time disagreeing with it. Again this is based on 2012 and Joe won the division with an aging and injured defense for most of the season and then put up stunning numbers in the playoffs. Hard not to give the guy his due.

I know Flacco had a good year, but putting him behind guys who have consistently been THE BEST passers in the league, year after year, isn't a sign of disrespect. Moving him up from #9 to #5 or #6 is giving him his due.

It's not shocking that Jaws put him ahead of Matt Ryan. My preference is clear, but I understand that. But Brees? That's just absurd, if you ask me.

In the end, none of it matters. I just disagree. 

I know Flacco had a good year, but putting him behind guys who have consistently been THE BEST passers in the league, year after year, isn't a sign of disrespect. Moving him up from #9 to #5 or #6 is giving him his due.

It's not shocking that Jaws put him ahead of Matt Ryan. My preference is clear, but I understand that. But Brees? That's just absurd, if you ask me.

In the end, none of it matters. I just disagree. 

Yeah, I hear what you are saying. Bress had 19 picks and played on a team that was basically out of it for the whole season. Of course he did not have Payton but it was not the same Brees. Flacco had the better season then Brees last year, less mistakes, more consistent IMO. This isn't an all time list but one based just one 2012. As you know, I put much more credence behind playoff success then anything else and Joe had a post-season for the ages. Hard not to see him in top 5 just for last season.

Yeah, I hear what you are saying. Bress had 19 picks and played on a team that was basically out of it for the whole season. Of course he did not have Payton but it was not the same Brees. Flacco had the better season then Brees last year, less mistakes, more consistent IMO. This isn't an all time list but one based just one 2012. As you know, I put much more credence behind playoff success then anything else and Joe had a post-season for the ages. Hard not to see him in top 5 just for last season.

Brees had a lot more on his shoulders for the Saints last year, and his team had one of the worst defenses of all time. He did throw a lot of picks, but he had a decent interception percentage, which highlights just how much of the burden he had to bear. It wasn't his fault they didn't win more games. They went 7-9 in spite of Brees, who was the lone bright spot.

And I know it's not an all-time list. But my point is that it's not a sign of disrespect to have Flacco behind guys who are simply better, overall. If this list is only based on how these guys played in 2012, and if postseason success is more important than the four months prior (not to mention the years before that), then just put Flacco at #1.

Brees had a lot more on his shoulders for the Saints last year, and his team had one of the worst defenses of all time. He did throw a lot of picks, but he had a decent interception percentage, which highlights just how much of the burden he had to bear. It wasn't his fault they didn't win more games. They went 7-9 in spite of Brees, who was the lone bright spot.

And I know it's not an all-time list. But my point is that it's not a sign of disrespect to have Flacco behind guys who are simply better, overall. If this list is only based on how these guys played in 2012, and if postseason success is more important than the four months prior (not to mention the years before that), then just put Flacco at #1.

Yeah, I am not sure of the exact criteria which is what drives me isane about these lists. The ambiguity is intentional. I am not sure even Jaws knows. I mean I didn't see Joe alter his game that much last year. He just played better and the O played better when it mattered most.

Yes.....    Flacco was 4....    Brady was 3....

And I think 2/1 are today (Sunday) and tomorrow....

Most seem to expect Peyton as 2....  and Rodgers as 1....

Yay for Flacco in the top 4.

:cheer2:  :cheer:

Sorry I had to. :D

The Baltimore Sun is Running a Poll on Whether Joe Flacco or Ben Roethlisberger is Better, and the Super Bowl MVP is Losing

Rings, baby! Quarterback wins for the win! Is there any way that this happens before a three game stretch in January and February? Joe Flacco definitely stepped up and improved in the postseason, and with Jim Caldwell at offensive coordinator, Flacco performed much better.

He has also never put together a full season that is in the same solar system as Drew Brees.

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/05/09/the-baltimore-sun-is-running-a-poll-on-whether-joe-flacco-and-ben-roethlisberger-is-better-and-the-super-bowl-mvp-is-losing/

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/07/18/ron-jaworski-ranks-joe-flacco-ahead-of-drew-brees-in-his-quarterback-rankings/

The Baltimore Sun is Running a Poll on Whether Joe Flacco or Ben Roethlisberger is Better, and the Super Bowl MVP is Losing

Rings, baby! Quarterback wins for the win! Is there any way that this happens before a three game stretch in January and February? Joe Flacco definitely stepped up and improved in the postseason, and with Jim Caldwell at offensive coordinator, Flacco performed much better.

He has also never put together a full season that is in the same solar system as Drew Brees.

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/05/09/the-baltimore-sun-is-running-a-poll-on-whether-joe-flacco-and-ben-roethlisberger-is-better-and-the-super-bowl-mvp-is-losing/

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/07/18/ron-jaworski-ranks-joe-flacco-ahead-of-drew-brees-in-his-quarterback-rankings/

Interesting debate. Right now I would take Joe hands down because he is younger and healthier but I have always been a big fan of Ben and his penchant for making great plays in the clutch. Three trips to the SB and two rings - only Brady has done more ...

Interesting debate. Right now I would take Joe hands down because he is younger and healthier but I have always been a big fan of Ben and his penchant for making great plays in the clutch. Three trips to the SB and two rings - only Brady has done more ...

u bring that up so I will bring up Unitas 2 wins in NFL championship,1 loss to Browns & Jim Brown  1 SB win Vs Dallas  , 1 SB loss to Jets  but he hurt all season and only came in at tail end of game 

If u bring up your favorite I can mine ( lol )

Do u know  Well i dont know rules back then,  but when Colts signed Unitas Browns were mad as meant to , dont know if rule or just Colts got to him first

But Unitas playing with Jim Brown , that would be something , not sure who Browns had as recivers

as I  noted yesterday quite busy today , meeting all morning, & also on & off all week with the Docs , Wedding have to stay at hotel Sat , my birthday sunday at that hotel sunday brunch for wedding , Monday neurosurgeon for mom

My life isnt realy a life,, Wedding is best friends daughter & first time out at night even for a dinner in over a year,

These forums are my escape, I havent driven since the millenium as far as I will to wedding and it isnt even far , just my disabilities & rather not,  just hope not called to ER from there at night, night driving street  lights etc  can / may  bring on vertigo & i haven't done any save for ER close to home I can do blindfolded its that often

have great fay / week , be here on & off

I KNOW WE ALL HAVE ISSUES TO DEAL WITH< KNOW MANY WORSE OFF < KNOW I TALK ABOUT MINE ALOT< IT HELPS ME AS NO ONE REALLY TO TALK TO HERE , not complaing though know it seems i am

BUT , wouldn't change a thing in the end

somehow writing just helps

u bring that up so I will bring up Unitas 2 wins in NFL championship,1 loss to Browns & Jim Brown  1 SB win Vs Dallas  , 1 SB loss to Jets  but he hurt all season and only came in at tail end of game 

If u bring up your favorite I can mine ( lol )

Do u know  Well i dont know rules back then,  but when Colts signed Unitas Browns were mad as meant to , dont know if rule or just Colts got to him first

But Unitas playing with Jim Brown , that would be something , not sure who Browns had as recivers

as I  noted yesterday quite busy today , meeting all morning, & also on & off all week with the Docs , Wedding have to stay at hotel Sat , my birthday sunday at that hotel sunday brunch for wedding , Monday neurosurgeon for mom

My life isnt realy a life,, Wedding is best friends daughter & first time out at night even for a dinner in over a year,

These forums are my escape, I havent driven since the millenium as far as I will to wedding and it isnt even far , just my disabilities & rather not,  just hope not called to ER from there at night, night driving street  lights etc  can / may  bring on vertigo & i haven't done any save for ER close to home I can do blindfolded its that often

have great fay / week , be here on & off

My Brady statement was in reference to the salary cap/FA era not all-time ...

My Brady statement was in reference to the salary cap/FA era not all-time ...

I know just having fun, I need it sometimes

ERAS are quite different

anyway as u missed last part just edited in & then am leaving so

Let me repeat 

I KNOW WE ALL HAVE ISSUES TO DEAL WITH< KNOW MANY WORSE OFF < KNOW I TALK ABOUT MINE ALOT< IT HELPS ME AS NO ONE REALLY TO TALK TO HERE , not complaing though know it seems i am

I know just having fun, I need it sometimes

ERAS are quite different

anyway as u missed last part just edited in & then am leaving so

Let me repeat 

Yeah. I know what you mean. Often people ask why rival fans such as myself are here and it is because this is a great forum and def. an outlet when life is stressful.

Not sure if you saw the recent cover of Rolling Stone but it has on its cover Boston bomber suspect Tsavnaev. It is sickening. Many of the local stores here in Boston have pulled the issue from its stands. We seem to be a society that is obsessed with murderers and violence, etc. The cover story is an in-depth look at his life and what made him monster. Like we care? Sadly, it will probably be one of the best selling issues for RS... 

I like Roethlisberger, but lets face it, he looked like dog turd in that first SB win. He has even admitted by being embarrassed by it.

I like Roethlisberger, but lets face it, he looked like dog turd in that first SB win. He has even admitted by being embarrassed by it.

Yeah but he had an amazing playoff run beating three teams on the road as the sixth seed...but yes the SB was horrible.

Yeah. I know what you mean. Often people ask why rival fans such as myself are here and it is because this is a great forum and def. an outlet when life is stressful.

Not sure if you saw the recent cover of Rolling Stone but it has on its cover Boston bomber suspect Tsavnaev. It is sickening. Many of the local stores here in Boston have pulled the issue from its stands. We seem to be a society that is obsessed with murderers and violence, etc. The cover story is an in-depth look at his life and what made him monster. Like we care? Sadly, it will probably be one of the best selling issues for RS... 

Missed the pover, rare have free reading time, used to love that mag, do have speciaal on My gratefull dead top concerts came out earlier this year

as a kid in ny they had the good news of the day segment, after all the bad , 1 was 1 minute of say a boy scout walking an elderly person across the street

Jaws on peyton after  playing golf with him 2 weeks back

EXCERPTS

By Paul Klee Modified: July 22, 2013 at 6:58 am • Published: July 20, 2013 

"I'm always optimistic when it comes to Peyton. But I wasn't sure he was going to get back to that form."

What did the Broncos get?

Arguably the best season of Manning's Hall of Fame career. If not the best, it was in his top three.

He completed 68.6 percent of his passes, a career high. He threw 37 touchdowns, the second-most in his career. He passed for 4,659 yards. Just one more 42-yard bomb to Demaryius Thomas, and that would've been a career high.

Think about this: Over his past three seasons, Manning has thrown for 4,500, 4,700 and 4,659 yards. Those are three of the four highest totals in his entire career.

At 36, Manning's numbers were better than his numbers at 26.

At the same time the football world wondered if Manning was past his prime, the quarterback is building a convincing case he is in his prime.

The Broncos quarterback is the face of the NFL. The league arranged its 2013 schedule to make Denver its featured attraction.

Still, I don't think we truly grasp what Manning did last season.

"I think you're absolutely right. It's one of the most remarkable comebacks of all time," Jaworski said.

"Here's a guy that could not throw the football two years ago. He could not throw it. No one knew if he would be able to come back or not. Peyton himself didn't know. There was nerve damage.

"I've watched every throw he's made in his career," Jaworski said.

Here's how Manning, the quarterback, has evolved.

"He's lost some arm strength," Jaws said. "That's a given."

To make up the difference, Manning's lower body is stronger, Jaws said. His legs and hips are more involved in each throw. It's similar to the evolution of a golfer, really.

"When those cleats are entrenched in the ground and he can snap his hips, you don't notice any loss of arm strength."

The questions about Manning's football handicap are gone.

"His arm appears to be a little stronger, more zip," coach John Fox said during minicamp.

"I got zero indication that this season is it (his final season)," Jaworski said. "Peyton reeks of football. He loves football. I got no indication this is it, whatsoever.

"I hope he plays until he's 50."

http://gazette.com/paul-klee-rule-no.-1-of-broncos-camp-dont-take-peyton-manning-for-granted/article/1503759

Jaws' QB rankings: Aaron Rodgers No. 1

In the end, the rankings came down to Rodgers and the Denver BroncosPeyton Manning.Grantland.com's Bill Barnwell took a closer look at their seasons in 2012, noting that Manning had a slight edge in gross statistics but also pointing out Rodgers' substantial advantage as a runner as well as the Packers' far more difficult schedule. 

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/58014/jaws-qb-rankings-aaron-rodgers-no-1