Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Average Penalty Yardage per game for entire NFL over last 10 years.

JerodMayo51

i bet the raiders are number one

Did you peak? I saw this over on Reddit and was surprised to see the Colts at the top. I don't know why but, I figured the Colts would be on the high side of the middle of the pack.

Manning had complete control of the offense. Defense was too afraid to get close enough to people to commit a penalty.

I credit Dungy. From the time he got here, he preached disciplined play, not committing penalties, reducing turnovers. Most of his time here, we were the least penalized team in the league. 

Having a lot of tenured veterans (not just Manning, but Saturday, Wayne, Harrison, Diem, Glenn, Freeney, Brackett, McFarland, etc.) also helped.

Did you peak? I saw this over on Reddit and was surprised to see the Colts at the top. I don't know why but, I figured the Colts would be on the high side of the middle of the pack.

the raiders always led the league in penalty yards

Manning had complete control of the offense. Defense was too afraid to get close enough to people to commit a penalty.

Yet when we had Painter, Collins and Orlovsky, we were the least penalised team in the league for the only time during the sample specimen shown.

Yet when we had Painter, Collins and Orlovsky, we were the least penalised team in the league for the only time during the sample specimen shown.

That's cause we weren't on the field but for 3 plays at a time. Hard to get lots of penalties when we weren't on the field offensively much. Defense played so far off the receivers, there was no way a penalty would happen.