Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots @ Raiders Open Thread

Andy

"I won't hurt you Tom" Seymour said... then he slams him to the ground. Stupid refs, he obviously didn't hear the whistle. Looks like Brady supplied them with some of his UGG boots.

haha I detect a bit of an Anti-Pats bias. It's hard to tell whether or not he heard it. If he hit Brady, that probably would have been fine. It was knocking Brady into the ground that caused the flag

LOL refs....

You openly CALL OUT THE PI and then WITHDRAW it? When the heck does that EVER happen?

Nice to see the officiating crew is under New England's payroll...

Says the guy who's team received a complete nonsense roughing the passer penalty against NE last weekend.

Hypocrite.

Says the guy who's team received a complete nonsense roughing the passer penalty against NE last weekend.

Hypocrite.

lol...did you see the horrible flag they called on Byrd for his hit in Welker? Where Welker turned around and Byrd delivered a textbook hit?

"Pass interference defense 1st down"

Penalty already called.

"Ah screw it there was no PI"

Saw this and had to reply. It's not a redesign, it's an upgrade. new version of the same software and new server. Notice the speed? We shouldn't crash any more

we haven't even had a chance to design yet rotfl

Off topic, but another forum redesign? lol

whew..nasty game. Glad Wilfork got another int.

Buffalo lost to <cough> the Bengals.

Up next..Jets:)

If I were a Patriots fan, I wouldn't be that happy about that game. I don't know if you are, but yeah. Lol at Wilfork's pick, did you know he has as many picks as the whole Colts defense. The Bills should have won that game, but wtv.

If I were a Patriots fan, I wouldn't be that happy about that game. I don't know if you are, but yeah. Lol at Wilfork's pick, did you know he has as many picks as the whole Colts defense. The Bills should have won that game, but wtv.

lol. Not happy at wall. Winning really sucks! :)

yeah, I thought Bills had that game.

While our offense played well, we dodged a bullet on all those penalties. Not to mention Campbell looked like superman out there;)

lol. Not happy at wall. Winning really sucks! :)

yeah, I thought Bills had that game.

While our offense played well, we dodged a bullet on all those penalties. Not to mention Campbell looked like superman out there;)

Well I would say you got away with some things. Like that interception by Chung, which shouldn't have been a pick. So add 7 points to the Raiders and take off 3 by the Pats and it's a 2 point game. Brady had an okay game, but he's relying too much on Welker and if teams stop Welker your done. Next week vs the Jets, Revis got Welker so don't expect much from him and Pace and Scott are great coverage LBs so you can't expect that much from the TEs. I think you guys lose next week. Brady needs to spread the ball to guys like Ocho, Branch, Edelman, and Woodhead in the backfield... don't just rely on Welker. You can't win games like that. Also, your defense sucks. Obviously a win's a good feeling, but if your a fan of any team you have to look beyond the victory. Just saying.

Well I would say you got away with some things. Like that interception by Chung, which shouldn't have been a pick. So add 7 points to the Raiders and take off 3 by the Pats and it's a 2 point game. Brady had an okay game, but he's relying too much on Welker and if teams stop Welker your done. Next week vs the Jets, Revis got Welker so don't expect much from him and Pace and Scott are great coverage LBs so you can't expect that much from the TEs. I think you guys lose next week. Brady needs to spread the ball to guys like Ocho, Branch, Edelman, and Woodhead in the backfield... don't just rely on Welker. You can't win games like that. Also, your defense sucks. Obviously a win's a good feeling, but if your a fan of any team you have to look beyond the victory. Just saying.

Agree on Welker but the two are hot together and the name of the game is to move the ball so.... Ocho and Branch caught some important passes. Brady missed on quite a few today but also threaded some tight ones. Good to see them run.

Ah, see that the difference between myself..I don't look ahead.

Not to mention Campbell looked like superman out there;)

I know, right? He hit the wide open man! ....On the Patriots! :D

Sans QB play and the game ball to Seymour for his penalties, it would likely have been a close game.

Another solid effort by Welker who, again, I believe is the best slot receiver in the game. With respect to Brady, your offense vanishes without Welker and I think he's your MVP of the past several seasons.

We've seen what it looks like without Welker out there.. and if he goes down at any point your season will probably be done without a solid D anymore to win games. (Pass D, that is) I caught BB's "A Football Life" the other night and he, himself, pretty much states the Pats can't move the ball without Welker at one point.

On the flip side, your do have some very good TE's now who, along with Brady throwing to them, might still be a potent enough force to win without Welker. (Assuming Gronk and Hernandez are both healthy...and Hernandez is already out)

If Hernandez is out Vs the Jets and Revis shuts down Welker it will be an interesting time for the Pats' O. Chad JOHNSON , Branch, and Gronk will all need to come up big.

First of all Sergio Brown needs to get his act together, he is terrible!

I hope we pick up a veteran that can do a better job than him.

We got rid of Brandon Meriweather, terrible choice from BB, he could have been a good 2nd option, even on the bench.

I am sad at our pass rush, seems like everytime we rush we go wide, we can't get any pressure in the middle..

If we can generate more pressure from our front 3 or 4 then our secondary might do little better.

This offseason I'd like to see a play making free safety and 2 more linebackers that can rush the QB!

I am not talking about middle line backers, Mayo and Spike are doing ok.

Season just started, and I think this NFL Lockout really hurt the patriots defense, because right now we are DEAD LAST!

Even KC has better pass rush than us.

One last thing, I hope next year we get a deep threat receiver that is good and that has size.

Slater needs to be on special teams only.

i agree with you are defense is suspect, and the J-E-T-S will give us a tough game next week, but I think Sanchez might be the key to the game if he is on his game it is going to be tough, if he is off his game, the jets will have an uphill battle . . .

As for the Chung INT, i can not really agree with you, it was 2nd down, so if Campell those that away its 3rd from the 5 or 6, so unless you can gaurantee a converstion on 3rd down they are not getting 7 pts but just 3 . . . as for the Pats 3 pts they would of gotten that regardless of the turnover, with the turnover we got the ball on the 20 (after touchback), had the raiders scored [TD or FG], the radiers kickoff and we very likley get the ball at the 20 after a touchback, so basically, field positions after the INT or kickoff would be the same, so it did not matter if they score or we pick them off, at least as it effects our ensuring possession . . .

we have been able to make some key TO and have been bend but don't break for the most part, also, the raiders got a extra 100 yards in the last minutes, but we gotta tightened up the the D, not sure if one can count on one's teams to week to week get those key TOs . . . as some point those TOs are going the happen . . .

how shouldn't it have been an int? it was thrown right to him, that's a pick every time.

*IF* campbell actually threw it away, there's no guarantee they would have scored a TD on the next play. maybe they turn it over, maybe the kick a FG. no point in speculating what might have happened, all we know for sure is he threw a pick.

Well I would say you got away with some things. Like that interception by Chung, which shouldn't have been a pick. So add 7 points to the Raiders and take off 3 by the Pats and it's a 2 point game.

So true.

I mean, if you take away three of the Patriots' touchdowns for no apparent reason, add them to Oakland's final score instead, and then throw in a couple of extra field goals for the Raiders, the Patriots would have been totally blown out in this one.

(/Sarcasm.)

nothing screams frustrated hater like this post does. "take away this, add that, you shoulda, they woulda, if only....." classic colt fan hating on the Pats and being frustrated his team's season is over. in reality i'm not thrilled with the Pats D. it will eventually catch up to them and prevent them from winning a SB if they dont get it figured out. we have 13 weeks until the playoffs start so i wont throw in the towel just yet. there aren't many, if any teams out there right now who have the whole package clicking. maybe detroit? green bay's D is almost as bad as the Pats. Baltimore and Pitt are offensively challenged. i think it's wide open after week 4 and i'm pleased with where the Pats stand so far.