Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay Hinting at Signing a massive NT

HtownColt

Mod note: I just removed a bunch of off topic nonsense from this thread (which is mostly nonsense itself, so imagine how nonsensical the removed posts had to be...) Please either get back on topic or just refrain from posting in this thread. Thanks.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While RJF is versatile, he won't be a "true" NT. I'm sure they've said something to that effect, but he is not really a NT in any respect.

Hughes is most likely going to fill the Ngata type of DE role, and provide depth at NT should it be required.  I suspect Franklin or McKinney could potentially be cut, but I further suspect that they offer us more quality options on the line primarily at NT and secondarily at DE should RJF/Redding/Hughes go out.  In any case, we could potentially cut a quality player this time around.

All in all, I strongly doubt this guy, if he is ever signed, will have anything to do with it.

I'm not sure why they brought in Franklin...he is 32 and this will be his 11th year...he is older and lighter than Chapman, McKinney, Tevaseau...he must be just injury insurance....could easily be a cut if all the other NTs are healthy.

I'm not sure why they brought in Franklin...he is 32 and this will be his 11th year...he is older and lighter than Chapman, McKinney, Tevaseau...he must be just injury insurance....could easily be a cut if all the other NTs are healthy.

I think they brought in Franklin because by many accounts he's had a very good last year or two....   so, since they signed him for one year at right around the Veran's Minimum,  there's no downside here.   But I suspect he's pretty highly regarded here.   Remember, we brought in a player-personnel guy from San Diego where Franklin just played.   I think his name is Jimmy Raye. He would known Franklin.    I'm expecting him to make the team and at the very least be a rotational player.  

This guy has a better shot in the WWE than making our roster... If all it took was being huge, then every team would be searching the Sumo circuit every offseason... There are always exceptions, but most professional athletes have to dedicate years of their life to learning their craft and only reach their prime after years in the league, learning the ropes...

Trust me the guy is a monster I seem him yesterday he finished first in his group ik that much lol

There is an event called the atlas balls that he did he did it so fast and he actually lifted all the balls the last is over 400 pounds and there is no handle or and thing just a smooth ball it was crazy he did all 5 of his faster then the second place guy got 4of the balls

Lots of room for jokes here but I'll just say that how he handles balls off the field doesn't count as much as how he handles ball carriers on the field.