Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Secondary depth

Monster

I got complete faith in Vontae against anybody's best receiver. Toler from what he's done when he's healthy is a highly skilled corner who could be decent against a most ones.. so comfortable he can/will neutralize most two's. My HOPE is either Dax Swanson and Sheldon Price can learn from and become "seasoned" enough by both proper coaching and by example/teaching from Davis and Toler to become top flight corners. Both have the talent, Price definitely has the size and tools and Swanson has the ball skills, If they can gain confidence, and get enough experience to adjust to the NFL game, we could be complete. We already have an excellent secondary, what we need now is depth.

RG1 has a keen eye for talent @ value and we signed more depth at corner today so the back end of the defense that everybody was so worried about is taking shape. Keep the faith, there is great leadership here, so hold on tight it will be a great ride !!! GO COLTS!!!

i like Nigel Malone as a underdog corner bad on build and height but he brings a NFL zone corner skillset because of his competitiveness and ability to close on throws to the outside and go up for jump balls. Not contact-shy in coverage or the run game, as is willing to cut down ballcarriers or grab and clutch to get the job done. Used regularly on blitzes because of his ability to change directions and tenacious attitude. His ability to anticipate and react to throws, as well as his hands for the interception, make him a turnover machine.

i like Nigel Malone as a underdog corner bad on build and height but he brings a NFL zone corner skillset because of his competitiveness and ability to close on throws to the outside and go up for jump balls. Not contact-shy in coverage or the run game, as is willing to cut down ballcarriers or grab and clutch to get the job done. Used regularly on blitzes because of his ability to change directions and tenacious attitude. His ability to anticipate and react to throws, as well as his hands for the interception, make him a turnover machine.

mostly from his draft profile XD just good info

Anyone know anything about the guy we signed today? Nigel Malone

Like I said in the Nigel Malone thread, I would rather have Dax Swanson. I really like this kid. He has a nose for the ball and is a great athlete. I hope Swanson can make the team and send Vaughn packing!

It all is just going to come down to health.. I know thats the case for every unit on every team... But if Vontae and Toler stay healthy, I think we will be fine.

Our much improved front 7 and 2 safeties over the top.. Our CBs should be much improved this year

Re: to your last statement.. You must not have seen dax Swansons tape I advise you to it would instantly knock gordy and Vaughn off your list

I actually seen him play my school live in person last year. He is good just don't see none of the defensive UDFA making it on the roster