Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denard Robinson

Drewp1

I absolutely hated this guy in college. I can't stand michagan being a hoosier and notre dame fan but it was because he is a freakish player and he would always beat the crap out of my teams that I couldn't stand him. any team that couldn't find some use for him woud be a foolish one. if hes still there at the irrelevant spot we would be fools not to take him. I think he will probably gosooner than that. I also wouldn't use as a qb at all although he would make a great 3rd or 4th optionshould it come to that.

Randel El was 10x the player that D Robinson is.   

If Indy wants to go down the "ath" path late in the draft M Gray is the choice.    

I'm a Michigan fan so I might be biased, but might be good late round pick. Dude is super fast. Could be our Randel El. Thoughts?

I absolutely hated this guy in college. I can't stand michagan being a hoosier and notre dame fan but it was because he is a freakish player and he would always beat the crap out of my teams that I couldn't stand him. any team that couldn't find some use for him woud be a foolish one. if hes still there at the irrelevant spot we would be fools not to take him. I think he will probably gosooner than that. I also wouldn't use as a qb at all although he would make a great 3rd or 4th optionshould it come to that.

Your teams let Denard Robinson beat them? That sucks. He wasn't even good at QB.

Randel El was 10x the player that D Robinson is.

If Indy wants to go down the "ath" path late in the draft M Gray is the choice.

That's why Denard is the all time NCAA QB rushing yards record holder? To suggest that Randle El is 10x the player Denard is is just foolish.

As for Gray, he is just as bad as Denard at QB and doesn't have the speed to be a WR, so not sure why you'd want him.

Your teams let Denard Robinson beat them? That sucks. He wasn't even good at QB.

And Texas lets everybody beat them...

Denard wasn't a great QB by any means, but why should that matter? He's not a QB anymore. And yes, he had a history of torching ND.

He's small last time I saw him. Hes doing the opposite of Tannehill. I think he'd get destroyed at WR on a slant route unless he put on major weight since I last saw them play last season

haha He's taller and stronger/heavier than Tavon Austin!

Denard wasn't a great QB by any means, but why should that matter? He's not a QB anymore. And yes, he had a history of torching ND.

Well, to be fair.. the Big 12 let's everyone beat them...

Also, no thanks to Denard Robinson.  I don't see him having a legitimate career for long.  I guess if we get him at UDFA i wont quit life, but.. If we waste a pick on him?  oh dear....

That's why Denard is the all time NCAA QB rushing yards record holder? To suggest that Randle El is 10x the player Denard is is just foolish.

As for Gray, he is just as bad as Denard at QB and doesn't have the speed to be a WR, so not sure why you'd want him.

okay so robinson had more rushing yards then randle el, and Randle El had more passing yards. who cares!!! no one will now who is better until Robinson proves he can stay in the league long enough. 

I'm a Michigan fan so I might be biased, but might be good late round pick. Dude is super fast. Could be our Randel El. Thoughts?

Not just because I'm a Buckeye... I actually like Robinson. When he was your QB we hardly had to defend against the pass... But...

I hope we never go to a Wildcat package. Why would anyone want to take Luck off the field?

And before anyone says Luck is a good receiver, we really don't want him taking any more hits than he has to. Or make tackles.

Not just because I'm a Buckeye... I actually like Robinson. When he was your QB we hardly had to defend against the pass... But...

I hope we never go to a Wildcat package. Why would anyone want to take Luck off the field?

And before anyone says Luck is a good receiver, we really don't want him taking any more hits than he has to. Or make tackles.

There's actually an interview where your new OC mentions using a few variations of the wildcat in the offense that he plans to run. Not sure if he was just blowing smoke or not though.

I said he looked small last time I saw him. And he'd still get destroyed coming across the middle

Foolish?  

Let me guess...  you are young and have Never seen Randel El play at IU?    He was PHENOMENAL.    He carried an poor iU team to an incredibly tough team.      And we are talking about Indiana football.

While at Indiana, Randle El became the first player in NCAA Division I history to pass for 40 career touchdowns and score 40 career rushing touchdowns.[2] In 2001, he was awarded the Chicago Tribune Silver Football, presented by the Chicago Tribune to the Most Valuable Player of the Big Ten Conference. He finished his college career as fifth on the all-time NCAA total yardage list, and became the first player in college football history to record 2,500 total yards for each of four consecutive years. Tallying 7,469 passing yards, 3,895 rushing yards, and 92 touchdowns running and passing for his college career, he finish sixth in the Heisman Trophy voting in his senior season. Randle El ended his college career with a 26-15 win over the Kentucky Wildcats, passing for two touchdowns.[10]

noobody I really do not mind you, but to call me foolish and to insist that D Robinson is a better player than Randel El is just ...

foolish.....

Please educate yourself before popping off on issues you know nothing about.....  

Foolish?

Let me guess... you are young and have Never seen Randel El play at IU? He was PHENOMENAL. He carried an poor iU team to an incredibly tough team. And we are talking about Indiana football.

While at Indiana, Randle El became the first player in NCAA Division I history to pass for 40 career touchdowns and score 40 career rushing touchdowns.[2] In 2001, he was awarded the Chicago Tribune Silver Football, presented by the Chicago Tribune to the Most Valuable Player of the Big Ten Conference. He finished his college career as fifth on the all-time NCAA total yardage list, and became the first player in college football history to record 2,500 total yards for each of four consecutive years. Tallying 7,469 passing yards, 3,895 rushing yards, and 92 touchdowns running and passing for his college career, he finish sixth in the Heisman Trophy voting in his senior season. Randle El ended his college career with a 26-15 win over the Kentucky Wildcats, passing for two touchdowns.[10]

noobody I really do not mind you, but to call me foolish and to insist that D Robinson is a better player than Randel El is just ...

foolish.....

Please educate yourself before popping off on issues you know nothing about.....

Robinson had one fewer total touchdown than Randal El. So to say he was ten times better is a stretch

There's actually an interview where your new OC mentions using a few variations of the wildcat in the offense that he plans to run. Not sure if he was just blowing smoke or not though.

I hope he was kidding.  Or at the very least they take Luck out during those plays.  If he tries that college baloney where they put him in at receiver, and he gets his head taken off... well Pep will need to leave Indy before the end of the game.

I really don't see how people honestly believe Robinson will do something in the league haha that's hilarious.

I could see the Raiders taking him. The Redskins, the Vikings, & maybe the Jags. But I doubt any top teams like the Texans, Patriots, Broncos, Colts, 49ers, Seahawks etc. Take him unless it's late in the draft. And I mean very late

I hope he was kidding.  Or at the very least they take Luck out during those plays.  If he tries that college baloney where they put him in at receiver, and he gets his head taken off... well Pep will need to leave Indy before the end of the game.

Yeah, me and NCF had this discussion not too long ago. We both agree that Hamilton will be run out of town if the Franchise gets hurt doing something he isn't supposed to be doing (flanking out, for instance) as well. Maybe he will take 12 out of those plays, but then again, his size and athleticism might be the deciding factor in those situations.

I hope he was kidding. Or at the very least they take Luck out during those plays. If he tries that college baloney where they put him in at receiver, and he gets his head taken off... well Pep will need to leave Indy before the end of the game.

Chandler Harnish could run the Wildcat if Pep was seriously gonna do it. But will we carry 3 QB's on the roster?

Exactly...  the dude CANNOT catch the football.      WR/ST's is the ONLY way this dude will EVER play in this league.

And he has been a colossal failure thus far making the transition to WR.     He is just not a versatile "football player"  ..  

Oh well..    

He will make a lovely Raider or Jet...

I really don't see how people honestly believe Robinson will do something in the league haha that's hilarious.

I could see the Raiders taking him. The Redskins, the Vikings, & maybe the Jags. But I doubt any top teams like the Texans, Patriots, Broncos, Colts, 49ers, Seahawks etc. Take him unless it's late in the draft. And I mean very late

If Pep even considers taking Luck out from under center EVER he needs to be fired on the spot.

Yeah I don't approve of it either. But if he's gonna run it, I say we do it in preseason when Luck goes out. Just to see what happens

EDIT: Or run it if we ever have a blowout or big lead like we did vs the Jags on TNF. You could take Luck out then for a play and run it. Couldn't hurt then

Considering DR played with MICHIGAN talent and Randel El played with ..... IU talent...

Is it? really?

It's not .

Randal El was the better qb by far. but he wasnt ten times the athlete. he will return kicks and punts in the nfl. easily wortb a seventh round pick