Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why i believe Landry/Bethea will shine

BronxColtNYC

Landry is probably going to play more as an "in the box" safety. Giving Bethea more chances to play as the single deep safety in coverage whilst Landry takes care of crossing routes and inside runs.

As I remember Bethea did well in this role when Sanders was in his prime.

Bethea had 2 pro bowls.

Him and Landry have the potential to form a very good duo, something like Bethea/Sanders lite.

Lite? Landry is bigger than sanders ever was. And can put just as hard hits as sanders. This could be a return to form for our safety play on the field.

I think Sanders had better instincts and play-making ability than Landry

Bob Sanders really did have "the stuff," as they say. He made an impact every time he was on the field. It's too bad he couldn't stay healthy, I think he could have been a special guy. 

Landry is a physical specimen, and he's way better than anyone we've had since 2007 when Bob was DPOY. But I think Bob at his best was better than Landry.

Bob Sanders really did have "the stuff," as they say. He made an impact every time he was on the field. It's too bad he couldn't stay healthy, I think he could have been a special guy. 

Landry is a physical specimen, and he's way better than anyone we've had since 2007 when Bob was DPOY. But I think Bob at his best was better than Landry.

Agree 100%.  With that said, there is no reason why Landry can't be an absolute monster for us in the secondary

Fortunately for the Colts,  this just happens to be one of the best and deepest classes of Safeties the draft has produced in a long, long time.

I'm hoping the Colts take one by the end of the 4th round.

I can't confirm that this draft has a lot of quality safeties, but I'm hoping the staff finds one worth taking. One of the two are probably going to get injured at some point. Though I don't believe Landry is as injury prone as some people make it out.