Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So Proud Of Our Defense! (Merge)

MoM

0-3 is the only stat that matters. We gave up 23 points at home. Our pass defense is putrid. Clearly some positives from last night, but hardly the time to be proclaiming our D is great.

I like your optimism of course.

Dont try to be the politician here mate, the only reason they did get 23 points was cause of that sack fumble touchdown, that wasnt on the defense.... sooo basically the defense only allowed 1TD.. I would say that was a win for the Defense.

Front seven did great, but have to agree, very weak pass defense. Dline is really stepping up, but when coverage is so bad it's almost meaningless. Way too many third down conversions were given up. This is going to hurt all year, its what we get for not doing anything in signings at corner and safety. Good news is we get all year to get the newbies up to speed to see what they can do and maybe gell a little.

Decent job by the Lbs too... well against the run... well at least until it really mattered. What is it with 2 minute offense and our D always letting the other team go straight down the field.

But with all the good and bad I've spouted, we wouldn't have even been in the game without that D so Good job... Here's to getting better and I'm still rooting for em! :cheers:

the defense pleyed pretty good against the steelers but secondary leaves alot to be desired. i dont like the fact that they would stop them on 1 and 2 downs only to turn around and give up 18 to 30 yards on 3rd downs that needs alot of work.still dont realy care for coyier and his defense theory need to change that or the coach

Where's all the nay sayers about the colts defense now!!! who was that guy that was quoting stats and all last week!! where's your stat sheet now mate lol

I have not been a nay sayer, but the continued failure of our secondary, particularly on plays in the 12 - 20 yard range has me very frustrated. Forget the 81 yarder, that was a function who is an Olympic class sprinter who can catch.

The defense played really well last night (except the pass defense). Nevis and Mookie done a great job as well as the LBers, I just really wish we would stop putting Foster in at DT. I felt bad for them that the Steelers wound up winning the game, if there was ever a game I felt they truely deserved to win a game, Last nights game was it. Overall, they really surprised me, I'll admit I thought this game was going to be an absolute blowout, but IMO the Colts pretty much outplayed the Steelers throughout the game.

I have not been a nay sayer, but the continued failure of our secondary, particularly on plays in the 12 - 20 yard range has me very frustrated. Forget the 81 yarder, that was a function who is an Olympic class sprinter who can catch.

I agree the colts do need to find a way to patch up that secondary, there is nothing wrong with the players i dont believe, i think its execution and the play calling.

Where's all the nay sayers about the colts defense now!!! who was that guy that was quoting stats and all last week!! where's your stat sheet now mate lol

im still here :)

I still think our defense got some problems its seems like they only play "Good" in primetime, but def better then i expected lets hope we a replacement for Lacey.

im still here :)

I still think our defense got some problems its seems like they only play "Good" in primetime, but def better then i expected lets hope we a replacement for Lacey.

The colts defense have been playing "well" since the start of the second half in the texans game, it seems like every defense in the nfl right now is struggling in the pass the colts will figure that out... but now they can stop the run and they will only keep getting better at it.

Who would have thought that these Colts would out-physical the Steelers? Defense played very well for the most part. They have to find a way to get off the field on third down. Gave up too many third and long conversions last night. Very impressed with the run defense and the overall physicality displayed last night. Nevis and Angerer really made a difference! Freeney especially and Mathis put on a clinic. The defense played well enough to win. We just need our offense to get their collective act together.

Why can't the Colts get everything going at once? The defense played an inspired game last night. They were directly responsible for 13 of the 20 points. And the offense gave away a TD and had a TD. If somehow they could get the offense just playing an average game, scoring some points, and not making costly mistakes, they could still make the playoffs. But you cannot do anything if you cannot score points except when the defense produces them. If it keeps going like it is, the defense may win 1 or 2 games for them, and that is about it.

Did we loss the game...........The the defense played like crap they gave up 350 yards in the AIR. That poor tackling and poor coverage and man to man.

Did we loss the game...........The the defense played like crap they gave up 350 yards in the AIR. That poor tackling and poor coverage and man to man.

Yeah, yeah, 350 yards... And only gave up 16 points. The secondary made a couple of mistakes, but overall, this was the best defensive performance from the Colts in a long time. No question about it. To say the defensive played like crap either means you didn't watch the game or you have really high standards.

Lacey still played like crap and the colts gave up 350 yard. Was this team not built to defend the big plays and the passes.The reason why the score was so low because of the Def line and pat making plays to stop the run other then that. They gave to many yards on the pass.

Make up your mind, the colts are in transition... if they were playing their normal tampa 2 that would have never happened but then again they probably wouldnt have been able to stop the run as well either.... that game was a win for the defense, it seems like every defense in the league is struggling to stop the pass cause QB's are racking up the yards. In time the colts will get better in their coverages but none the less they had a great game last night no denying that

Our defense did play pretty well at times. We shouldn't get too excited, however.

1. The Steelers were on offensive linemen 5 through 9 tonight. Most professional d-lines will chew that up.

2. Despite our improvements against the run (again, having to do in part with their destroyed o-line), Roethlisberger threw for over 350 yards.

3. Our defense was still lousy on 3rd downs for most of the night.

4. We gave up against their 2-minute offense.

I did like the play from Nevis, and Anderson. Frathis was beastly, of course. Our linebackers seemed to gel, and Lefeged had a good game in the back.

WE didnt give up points... ...we've played well for 2 weeks.

3rd down stats are deceiving..

We've been good for 2 weeks....we're getting lots of turnovers and the line overall is much improved..

..and we get Brackett back next Monday..

but nobody's 'excited' at 0-3

Lacey still played like crap and the colts gave up 350 yard. Was this team not built to defend the big plays and the passes.The reason why the score was so low because of the Def line and pat making plays to stop the run other then that. They gave to many yards on the pass.

So, the reason the score was so low is because the defense played well. I don't mean to twist your words, but...

Yes, they gave up too many passing yards. I think it was due to two big mistakes in the passing game, and that's it. Over the course of the game, we did a good job of keeping plays in front of us, we tackled well after the catch (for the most part), and we didn't give huge cushions every down like we have been. Tweak this, adjust that, and that's a really good showing. If Bethea stays deep on the Wallace catch, and if Jerraud doesn't dive for an interception, we'd have erased two of their biggest gains.

Lacey will hopefully be relegated to the nickel and dime role he's best suited for, rather than being in the starting lineup. I don't know what's going on with Tryon, or where Thomas is in his development, but I think we have two or three better options than Lacey for that spot, and it looks like we'll start looking at those options. Terrance Johnson played really well. He's a solid tackler, he's got good speed, and hopefully he'll be better able to handle his assignments. We've been asking for the defense to play physical against the run, and to stop playing off on the outside. We did both yesterday.

The defense is very much a work in progress. But we were fantastic against the run, any way you slice it. We caused three turnovers. We only gave up 16 points. I don't know how you can claim that the defense played like crap. I honestly don't know what game you watched. The defense played really well.

Mathis/Freeney was truly amazing last night. The defense kept us in the game until the very end and It's one of the best defensive displays, against a top team, that I've seen the Colts give for a long time, despite that first TD.

However it was painful to watch our defense put up such a great performance, making the Steelers work hard for every inch, and then when we got the football..... Nothing happened and horrible decision after horrible decision was made, like no one even trying to pick Polamalu several times, trying to run the ball straight at James Harrison several times, attempting to lob the ball to Dallas Clark, when he was covered by Polamalu in the end zone etc.

It's frustrating to see the defense do well, and having to rely on subpar QB's like Painter/Collins when we're used to having a true all-time great like Manning. It's like being used to driving a Ferrari, and then having to switch to a 79 Ford Pinto