Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton's Kryptonite...

jshipp23

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly QuizBoy, Ty Law took away 2 INDY Championships darn it...Gotta give up to TY Law man. A 1 man game wrecker & Lombardi killer. haha

haha yep. Every great player has that one guy that has his number in his career.

Peyton's Kryptonite would be the 85 Bears defense

Jesus, Buddy Ryan's 85 Bears defense would have crushed Peyton Manning. Have the med flight chopper running, blood transfusion ready, & tell the surgeon on standby to get ready to fix a broken spleen JJ. Just kidding!

haha yep. Every great player has that one guy that has his number in his career.

Actually, as much as it kills me to admit this #18 had 2 guys that had his number in the playoffs...Ty Law & Troy Brown as CB on the Patriots. Rare that his achilles heel were 2 players on the same NFL squad, but it's true QuizBoy. I can't lie. 

Peyton Manning has had a problem with cold weather in the past. I hope the acquistion of WR Wes Welker alleviates that issue with speed, elusiveness, & tight comeback routes. Plus, a full off season to strengthen Manning's lower body, where power & accuracy on the ball derives from. 

amfootball is right though. Denver can't count on 14 points from the Special Teams to win a Playoff game this year. Time to cross the finish line this season Peyton. I have confidence in you. Just do it. No more excuses. It's now or never baby! 

God. Why? Why? Just why?

I hear Ya loud & clear FX...Having our Championship Dreams demolished by Ty Law & Troy Brown hurts like a mother bleeper even today...Sigh...I'm getting sick of saying well there's always next year. That routine gets old really, really fast. 1st step...win the AFC South...& the Houston Texans are no cream puff team either...

I hear Ya loud & clear FX...Having our Championship Dreams demolished by Ty Law & Troy Brown hurts like a mother bleeper even today...Sigh...I'm getting sick of saying well there's always next year. That routine gets old really, really fast. 1st step...win the AFC South...& the Houston Texans are no cream puff team either...

I agree with that assessment Brother,but liking our chances better every day

Yes cold deffinately effects him always has,snow and cold are not  his freinds

It would be funny if Peyton & the Broncos make it to the SB this year & Peyton did an Icy hot commercial making fun of his previous Playoff stumbling blocks regarding winning in cold weather. I like it when superstar athletes poke fun at their biggest weaknesses. It humanizes them & makes them seem more genuine, authentic, & real to the public & their fans across the league. 

It would be funny if Peyton & the Broncos make it to the SB this year & Peyton did an Icy hot commercial making fun of his previous Playoff stumbling blocks regarding winning in cold weather. I like it when superstar athletes poke fun at their biggest weaknesses. It humanizes them & makes them seem more genuine, authentic, & real to the public & their fans across the league. 

rotflmao

I agree with that assessment Brother,but liking our chances better every day

Yeah Jay, good point! The Colts future is definitely pointed up. Curtis Painter is a distant memory now. We are on the brink of doing something special. I can feel it. Houston is a worthy adversary that I do respect though. "In order to be the best; you have to be the best." The Texans are very tough, fundamentally sound, & very formidible. They are a rival, but I do admire them. Houston will only bring out the best in us & I thank them for that in advance regardless of what the new NFL season brings.  

Yeah Jay, good point! The Colts future is definitely pointed up. Curtis Painter is a distant memory now. We are on the brink of doing something special. I can feel it. Houston is a worthy adversary that I do respect though. "In order to be the best; you have to be the best." The Texans are very tough, fundamentally sound, & very formidible. They are a rival, but I do admire them. Houston will only bring out the best in us & I thank them for that in advance regardless of what the new NFL season brings.  

I think the Colts have a better shot at the SB than either the Texans or Bronocs. They have had a pretty good off-season and I only see Luck getting better. He should have beaten the Texans twice IMO.

It was only a matter of time when the 2 posters that have provided the most entertainment on this forum the last month came together on one cause :).

Define Entertainment.....   I think my definition is different than yours...  :dunno:  ;)

I think the Colts have a better shot at the SB than either the Texans or Bronocs. They have had a pretty good off-season and I only see Luck getting better. He should have beaten the Texans twice IMO.

The Texans have had a pretty good offseason too, as have the Broncos. They have superior offensive and defensive talent compared to the Colts, and in the Broncos case, probably superior special teams too. " Should have" only matters in horse shoes. Not taking anything away from the Colts but the Texans and Broncos are two of the main three teams that are the AFC favorites.

You're welcome. We try. haha

The Texans have had a pretty good offseason too, as have the Broncos. They have superior offensive and defensive talent compared to the Colts, and in the Broncos case, probably superior special teams too. " Should have" only matters in horse shoes. Not taking anything away from the Colts but the Texans and Broncos are two of the main three teams that are the AFC favorites.

I appreciate the vote of confidence in the  :blueshoe:  amfootball. I really do, but it's only Andrew Luck's 2nd NFL season & he has a new OC so there are a lot of unknown variables there. I agree QuizBoy. Both the Texans & the Broncos have better special teams, o-lines, & d-lines than the Colts do right now & both Houston & Denver are poised to make a deep Playoff run. Gelling chemistry wise takes a full season on average IMO. However, former GM Bill Polian always said starting NFL QBs usually make their biggest leap forward in terms of progress in their 2nd year. So anything is possible I guess.

I appreciate the vote of confidence in the  :blueshoe:  amfootball. I really do, but it's only Andrew Luck's 2nd NFL season & he has a new OC so there are a lot of unknown variables there. I agree QuizBoy. Both the Texans & the Broncos have better special teams, o-lines, & d-lines than the Colts do right now & both Houston & Denver are poised to make a deep Playoff run. Gelling chemistry wise takes a full season on average IMO. However, former GM Bill Polian always said starting NFL QBs usually make their biggest leap forward in terms of progress in their 2nd year. So anything is possible I guess.

Couple of reasons why I think the Colts have a better shot at the SB than the Texans and Broncos. First of all, I don't think either team will have the season it had last year. No way the Texans start 10-1 again and Broncos will not have the same cream puff schedule at least not the way it looks on paper now so I would think both teams will be closer to 10-11 wins. I also think the Texans do not have a great offense at all. Once you get past Foster and Johnson, their other skill guys are pretty average which is why Schaub struggles so much if teams shut down Foster. I also think the Texans have inferior coaching. Kubiak pretty much runs the same offense game to game and Phillps is way too blitz happy especially when it comes to playing the elite QBs.

In terms of the Broncos, I think the loss of Dumerville is huge coupled with Manning being another year older. I have said this before but I think last year was his best chance to get to the SB with the easy schedule, #1 seed, relatively few injuries except to the RBs. Very doubtful those things happen again and his division got tougher with the moves the Chiefs made and have to figure San Diego bounces back somewhat now that Norv is gone.

In terms of the Colts. Luck could have a sophmore slump but honesty, I don't see it. Just like I don't think RG or Wilson will have one either. I think he cuts the picks in half and has overall better ball security. Assuming the Colts have a good or at least decent draft they will be an overall better team.

If we're going off of how each team looks on paper:

Special teams: Colts > Broncos > Texans

Linebackers: Broncos > Texans > Colts

Corners: Broncos > Colts > Texans

Safeties: Colts > Broncos > Texans

WRs: Broncos > Colts > Texans

D-Lines: Texans > Broncos > Colts

QBs: Broncos > Colts > Texans

TEs: Colts> Texans = Broncos

O-line: Texans > Broncos > Colts

RBs: Texans > Colts > Broncos

If we're going off of how each team looks on paper:

Special teams: Colts > Broncos > Texans

Linebackers: Broncos > Texans > Colts

Corners: Broncos > Colts > Texans

Safeties: Colts > Broncos > Texans

WRs: Broncos > Colts > Texans

D-Lines: Texans > Broncos > Colts

QBs: Broncos > Colts > Texans

TEs: Colts> Texans = Broncos

O-line: Texans > Broncos > Colts

RBs: Texans > Colts > Broncos

What about coaching?

I would put it as follows"

Colts>Broncos>Texans

Couple of reasons why I think the Colts have a better shot at the SB than the Texans and Broncos. First of all, I don't think either team will have the season it had last year. No way the Texans start 10-1 again and Broncos will not have the same cream puff schedule at least not the way it looks on paper now so I would think both teams will be closer to 10-11 wins. I also think the Texans do not have a great offense at all. Once you get past Foster and Johnson, their other skill guys are pretty average which is why Schaub struggles so much if teams shut down Foster. I also think the Texans have inferior coaching. Kubiak pretty much runs the same offense game to game and Phillps is way too blitz happy especially when it comes to playing the elite QBs.

In terms of the Broncos, I think the loss of Dumerville is huge coupled with Manning being another year older. I have said this before but I think last year was his best chance to get to the SB with the easy schedule, #1 seed, relatively few injuries except to the RBs. Very doubtful those things happen again and his division got tougher with the moves the Chiefs made and have to figure San Diego bounces back somewhat now that Norv is gone.

In terms of the Colts. Luck could have a sophmore slump but honesty, I don't see it. Just like I don't think RG or Wilson will have one either. I think he cuts the picks in half and has overall better ball security. Assuming the Colts have a good or at least decent draft they will be an overall better team.

agree  on 3 issues I highlighted,

if pick right in draft still can make a run, always depends on when u get hot

Agree so much Re Doom , That affects entire draft philosophy  priority wise and y to me leaevs a huge hole even though Broncos FO are saying ayers can fill the spot , then he will need a breakout year thanks to del rio being 1st D coach to stay for 2 years in a row  since Coyer years back,m Ayers came in and played well when doom out but thats fresh l;egs not a a starters legs for a season, hes better a run stoppage than doom but no where the rusher he was supposed to be

They picked well with Wolfe and he may step up  more in second year , but have to be lucky / right again to get a rookie DE that makes a big impact

Only have 6 picks too, need a RB that  can get tough yards for those close situations , be a check down receiver and who can pass block, as hillman cant and others are brittle & or aged , the ones they have been looking at deeply bell & Michael cant pass block, & Michael hasn't caught much and has own injurt issue, monte Ball can do all but has miles on the legs, stephan taylor some say can as well or someone named franklyn I dont know much about , besides Lacy

Must get help to cover the Slot TeE's as they burned them all last year

no real Mid Linebacker as well

so many deficiencies & only 6 picks and though picked y up a good OG, their 2 centers, one being a rookie drafted to replace starter both got IR's last year and starter needed surgery, Knoppen is FA,  OG Kuper, and both OT's had surgery as well so so are OL concerns

Kuper actually played Vs the Ravens it was disclosed after the game on a rebroke ankle, no wonder he wasnt himself but his backup was bad all year so they let him try, Crazy from my Dr viewpoint 

anyway thats enough , are many fl;aws the level thats fixed we will have to wait & see

again only 6 picks and u lost doom , thats bad 

I can see us starting 10-1 again. We've done it before, why not again? What logic are you basing this off of? We had the same coaching last year and did it. To assume that we won't do it again because of coaching is kind of illogical. The Texans will be drafting a couple of wideouts and LBs to help us improve, and we will be getting Cushing back, as well as having Ed Reed in the secondary. We look very formidable right now.

The Broncos will be fine. Brady got another year older, so is he too going to have less than a chance to win? With that sort of logic, seeing that Schaub is the youngest of the three AFC contenders, then he will be the one to win the SB, right? The Broncos actually will have another easy schedule this year. It's already been confirmed. And I do think that they will be capable to perhaps cause some damage in the postseason, just as the Texans are. And you say the Colts will be better after the Draft...so the Texans and Broncos won't?

I can see us starting 10-1 again. We've done it before, why not again? What logic are you basing this off of? We had the same coaching last year and did it. To assume that we won't do it again because of coaching is kind of illogical. The Texans will be drafting a couple of wideouts and LBs to help us improve, and we will be getting Cushing back, as well as having Ed Reed in the secondary. We look very formidable right now.

The Broncos will be fine. Brady got another year older, so is he too going to have less than a chance to win? With that sort of logic, seeing that Schaub is the youngest of the three AFC contenders, then he will be the one to win the SB, right? The Broncos actually will have another easy schedule this year. It's already been confirmed. And I do think that they will be capable to perhaps cause some damage in the postseason, just as the Texans are. And you say the Colts will be better after the Draft...so the Texans and Broncos won't? Well, I can see Houston or Denver getting in the big game before the Patriots anyway. ;)

Since when is Schuab younger than Flacco? Or Dalton? Or Luck? Since when are there only 3 AFC contenders?

Since when is Schuab younger than Flacco? Or Dalton? Or Luck? Since when are there only 3 AFC contenders?

I'm talking about the three surefire teams that will be in the playoffs again this year. Patriots, Broncos, Texans, the three current AFC powerhouses. Everyone else, including the defending champions, are a toss-up right now.

I'm talking about the three surefire teams that will be in the playoffs again this year. Patriots, Broncos, Texans, the three current AFC powerhouses. Everyone else, including the defending champions, are a toss-up right now.

I'm not saying you won't, but I wouldn't classify the Texans as sure fire playoff contenders, and I wouldn't exactly say powerhouse either lol. Though that isn't to say you guys don't have a great squad.

I'm not saying you won't, but I wouldn't classify the Texans as sure fire playoff contenders, and I wouldn't exactly say powerhouse either lol. Though that isn't to say you guys don't have a great squad.

Well let's put it this way then. The Texans, Broncos, Patriots, and Ravens have all been to the playoffs and won at least once in the past two years. I only discount the Ravens from the discussion because of the massive overhaul they had, and the Bengals because they haven't won the past two years. I would still classify my squad as a powerhouse though haha.

Well let's put it this way then. The Texans, Broncos, Patriots, and Ravens have all been to the playoffs and won at least once in the past two years. I only discount the Ravens from the discussion because of the massive overhaul they had, and the Bengals because they haven't won the past two years. I would still classify my squad as a powerhouse though haha.

Yeah, favorites to make the playoff is a much better way of putting it IMO.

I would put the Broncos and Pats as the power houses right now, but you guys without question are one of the most formidable squads.

Yeah, favorites to make the playoff is a much better way of putting it IMO.

I would put the Broncos and Pats as the power houses right now, but you guys without question are one of the most formidable squads.

But we beat the Broncos in convincing fashion last year, as well as several other playoff teams, including the eventual SB champions. I would think we would definitely be considered a powerhouse as well, since we are also a team that is expected to be good for longer than just this year as well, just as the Broncos and Patriots are. It's a given to most analysts that the Texans will make the playoffs again, the main articles I see are about what the Texans should do in the Draft to take the next step in the playoffs. Getting there isn't the problem.

But we beat the Broncos in convincing fashion last year, as well as several other playoff teams, including the eventual SB champions. I would think we would definitely be considered a powerhouse as well, since we are also a team that is expected to be good for longer than just this year as well, just as the Broncos and Patriots are. It's a given to most analysts that the Texans will make the playoffs again, the main articles I see are about what the Texans should do in the Draft to take the next step in the playoffs. Getting there isn't the problem.

That was before the Broncos really hit their stride as a team IMO. And I assume the outcome had you met in the playoffs would have been much closer. You did crush the Ravens but so did the Broncos before that got flipped on them.

And the Pats crushed you guys twice, so when I'm thinking powerhouses I'm thinking what teams best have a shot of matching with another best team. So assuming the Pats are a powerhouse, I would figure the Ravens or Broncos have the best shot to compete with them in the playoffs. But the Ravens are the ultimate wildcard because of their turnover.

Which is how I get to Broncos Pats as powerhouses. Texans as playoff favorites.

That was before the Broncos really hit their stride as a team IMO. And I assume the outcome had you met in the playoffs would have been much closer. You did crush the Ravens but so did the Broncos before that got flipped on them.

And the Pats crushed you guys twice, so when I'm thinking powerhouses I'm thinking what teams best have a shot of matching with another best team. So assuming the Pats are a powerhouse, I would figure the Ravens or Broncos have the best shot to compete with them in the playoffs. But the Ravens are the ultimate wildcard because of their turnover.

Which is how I get to Broncos Pats as powerhouses. Texans as playoff favorites.

There's no such thing as hitting stride lol. Either the team is good or it is not. The Broncos lost to all the playoff teams they played against with the exception of the Ravens in the regular season, I think that has more significance than "hitting stride". Yes the outcome may have been closer but I still think we beat the Broncos in the playoffs, just as I think the Patriots would have. Again, the playoff obstacle has already been overcome, most analysts agree that we just need to take the next step, and getting the right players is the crucial step in doing so. The Broncos are a powerhouse, as you said, and we match good with them, as well as the Ravens. So therefore by your definition we would be a powerhouse, no?

There's no such thing as hitting stride lol. Either the team is good or it is not. The Broncos lost to all the playoff teams they played against with the exception of the Ravens in the regular season, I think that has more significance than "hitting stride". Yes the outcome may have been closer but I still think we beat the Broncos in the playoffs, just as I think the Patriots would have. Again, the playoff obstacle has already been overcome, most analysts agree that we just need to take the next step, and getting the right players is the crucial step in doing so. The Broncos are a powerhouse, as you said, and we match good with them, as well as the Ravens. So therefore by your definition we would be a powerhouse, no?

haha I have no idea how you match up you played once on a team just coming together.

Analysts said we would win 2 games at most last year lmao they just make logical guesses, and like I said a logical guess is you guys make the playoffs. But I just think more things could get in your way than the Broncos or Pats.

Your pieces had years to become what they are now, so going into this year, I would take the Broncos over you guys. I think they have an all around more solid team, but its very marginal.

Might be best to agree to disagree because this is mostly just semantics anyways lol.

haha I have no idea how you match up you played once on a team just coming together.

Your pieces had years to become what they are now, so going into this year, I would take the Broncos over you guys. I think they have an all around more solid team, but its very marginal.

Might be best to agree to disagree because this is mostly just semantics anyways lol.

We just came together and made the playoffs for the first time in franchise history in '11 lol. The Broncos were the same team, all they did was add Manning and a TE. But yes, agreeing to disagree would be the best in this situation lol.

We just came together and made the playoffs for the first time in franchise history in '11 lol. The Broncos were the same team, all they did was add Manning and a TE. But yes, agreeing to disagree would be the best in this situation lol.

Lol that's my point it took time for you guys to be dominant. It's hard to judge a good team adding a vital piece in his first year with a team, with an established team like the Texans.

All good though as we both agree you guys are one of the best in the AFC.

Lol that's my point it took time for you guys to be dominant. It's hard to judge a good team adding a vital piece in his first year with a team, with an established team like the Texans.

All good though as we both agree you guys are one of the best in the AFC.

Well, the Broncos were an established playoff team adding one of the elite QBs in the NFL. And they let him run his own offense lol. But yes, at least we can agree on at least one thing  haha

Well, the Broncos were an established playoff team adding one of the elite QBs in the NFL. And they let him run his own offense lol. But yes, at least we can agree on at least one thing haha

I don't know what the Broncos were before Manning. I don't have a "divine intervention" category on my scale......