Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How about this... (Draft-picks trade)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we pick Mathieu, I can promise you that I won't be happy. The guy has no position in the NFL. Too small for safety and can't cover to save his life. 

Was it you that just got done telling me about Shamarko Thomas who is also 5'9"?

Was it you that just got done telling me about Shamarko Thomas who is also 5'9"?

Thomas is 215 lbs, Mathieu is 185lbs. Huge difference in being small in muscle and weight, and being a couple inches too short. Mathieu will not be a safety and if some team puts him there he will fail miserably. You can take that to the bank.

I'd take Cooper over all, Protecting your franchise investment should be top priority, if you have a good or great QB then he will turn an average wr into a darn good one or maybe even elite, Look what Brady did with Welker, nothing about Welker is eye popping, he dont have elite speed or hands yet Brady put him on the map, was he decent before Brady? He was alright but Brady made him put up #1 wr like numbers when his skill set was not that of a #1 wr. As to Trufant, I see him as a early to mid 2nd round pick, he is fast, can tackle but does not show good ball skills

Guard is our one real NEED imo. You're definitely right, I just don't think Cooper will be there. Or Warmack, or DJ Fluker. And outside of that group, I think Jones is as good an OLman as we'll get. And we could get him in the 2nd. That's my thinking.

Thomas is 215 lbs, Mathieu is 185lbs. Huge difference in being small in muscle and weight, and being a couple inches too short. Mathieu will not be a safety and if some team puts him there he will fail miserably. You can take that to the bank.

Im not debating his likelihood of success, I agree with ya, But I still dont see Shamarko as a good pick for us and obviously not Mathieu

Im not debating his likelihood of success, I agree with ya, But I still dont see Shamarko as a good pick for us and obviously not Mathieu

I'm not advocating Thomas either, but I think he will be a fine SS in the NFL. I wouldn't have minded getting Thomas until we signed Landry.

I'm not advocating Thomas either, but I think he will be a fine SS in the NFL. I wouldn't have minded getting Thomas until we signed Landry.

I been advocating for a couple of Safeties but they are FS and none would be starting right way (meaning they would all be later round picks) that could learn behind Bethea a year or 2 then we can trade Bethea IF the FS works out and still get some trade value for Bethea before he gets to the age where value starts to slip......Its just how the business works ya trade some of your best players sometimes(Not saying do it now obviously that would be dumb) to stay ahead and keep winning

Baccari Rambo (possible late 4th)

Cooper Taylor (possible 7th round pick)

Robert Lester (possible late 4th round pick)

Brandan Bishop (possible 7th round pick)

Ray Ray Armstrong(possible 7th round pick, although I think some team grabs him earlier)

I been advocating for a couple of Safeties but they are FS and none would be starting right way (meaning they would all be later round picks) that could learn behind Bethea a year or 2 then we can trade Bethea IF the FS works out and still get some trade value for Bethea before he gets to the age where value starts to slip......Its just how the business works ya trade some of your best players sometimes(Not saying do it now obviously that would be dumb) to stay ahead and keep winning

Baccari Rambo (possible late 4th)

Cooper Taylor (possible 7th round pick)

Robert Lester (possible late 4th round pick)

Brandan Bishop (possible 7th round pick)

Ray Ray Armstrong(possible 7th round pick, although I think some team grabs him earlier)

I like Rambo and Armstrong. Not real familiar with the others though.

If Miami is dumb enough to blow $60 million for Mike Wallace, I'm sure they're Dumb enough to trade their 2 second rounders

If this trade happens, I'll be fine with it

considering one of their seconds is ours to begin with...... I guess that would be a good trade we took there first round talent and gave our second so, throw in a 5th and make it happen

Great Idea. I think that could be a great potential.  If we could grab like Hopkins/Patton (WR), Warford (OG), and then grab like Chase Thomas (OLB) in the 3rd ... that would be a very successful draft. I have faith Grigs can find a few gems in 6,7, UDFA to further the camp competition as well. 

I vote yes to trading back. Even though There's  a couple of guys i like that will be there at 24, But This draft class is VERY DEEP!! there is  little difference in terms of talent and impact from pick 19 to say... pick 40 to 50. I say instead of one grade A stud lets fill more need with  grade 1a or 2 talent.  I KNOW its easier said than done and we need a willing partner, But what im saying is IF the opportunity is there (Somebodys gonna want one of those QBs..just sell that pick hard to somebody)   But I want a Pass rusher, Guard and depth @ cb & fs/ss        

I vote yes to trading back. Even though There's  a couple of guys i like that will be there at 24, But This draft class is VERY DEEP!! there is  little difference in terms of talent and impact from pick 19 to say... pick 40 to 50. I say instead of one grade A stud lets fill more need with  grade 1a or 2 talent.  I KNOW its easier said than done and we need a willing partner, But what im saying is IF the opportunity is there (Somebodys gonna want one of those QBs..just sell that pick hard to somebody)   But I want a Pass rusher, Guard and depth @ cb & fs/ss        

it depends on who is available at 24 because some of the individual positions are not deep

I'd rather wait and see what happens in the draft unless we get an offer for like three first rounders for our first for example (which I know NO team would ever offer I am just putting that out there an extreme example of what it would take for me to trade our pick before the draft.)  If we get to our draft pick and there is either not really anyone we need at that spot worth that pick or if there are like three or four guys we could pick from I am all for trading back but I would rather wait and see how the draft plays out first though. 

I'd rather wait and see what happens in the draft unless we get an offer for like three first rounders for our first for example (which I know NO team would ever offer I am just putting that out there an extreme example of what it would take for me to trade our pick before the draft.)  If we get to our draft pick and there is either not really anyone we need at that spot worth that pick or if there are like three or four guys we could pick from I am all for trading back but I would rather wait and see how the draft plays out first though. 

It certainly would be ideal to wait until we're on the clock to carry out any trade.

they said its a possibility we might get mante teo in the 24th but i dont know if he's all that good might it just be all media hype? or can there be a better pass rusher, at the end of the day im glad rg1 doesnt follow the hype like most gm's anywho i agree we should keep our picks but like Chuck said and he's been around for a while he doesnt think anyone does it like us with the picking of the players

Not a chance, To many pass rushers and good O Linemen who might fall to us in the 1st as well as Corner Xavier Rhodes

The numbers do not match.

I posted it already but here ya go again...

Our 1st and 4th  = 792. Miami's 2 2nds = 840. No way they do that.

More likely would be their 1st 2nd rder., their 3rd rder, and 4th rder. that would equal 732 for just our 1st rder.

Where do you find those numbers?

We can argue about value all we want.  It's like everything else, it's only worth what a team will pay for it, meaning our 24 pick.  Some teams will under value, some might over value it. A team willing to give up something that greatly benefits us great, if not don't do the trade.  It is nice to be in this position though!

We'd definitely be settling for players with less potential to do amazing things, however, I also feel we'd get better guaranteed value with a trade like this. What if one of those players doesn't fall to us?

Draft top picks does not mean amazing things.Just a better chance to out perform others .We must never forget the busts and injury issues on any player.Just because their projected 1st doesnt mean they will perform.This years scariest player to me is Teo he mentioned with his own mouth he folds under pressure.Wow Wow :woah:  :thinking:  :sigh: why?