Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Desmond Trufant

Im warming more up to Desmond after watching his highlights. He just seems to stick with WRs like glue and is a fast corner with good leaping ability. I feel his man coverage abilities are already very good but with Pagano's help they could be great. If we added him, our secondary could be one of the league's best which I think would be smarter way to build a championship team. Adding a great pass defense to what should already be a much improved run defense, will make us a bigger threat to go deep in the playoffs.

I have gone back and forth on Trufant. I just can't seem to warm up to him and I am not totally sure why. I only saw him play once in the last two years and have watched his highlight videos. When I watch him, I just get the impression that he doesn't have the "edge" and is hesitant coming up on the run. I could be completely off base. It is kind of a toss up if he will be there at 24 anyway. How the draft would logically play out, he would be. How the draft tends to play out, he may not be.

I do like Xavier Rhodes much better. However, I really don't see Xavier being there. 

The videos that Nobody just referenced are what I have watched. He was saying don't watch "highlight" compilations. Watch the videos with game action. It's too bad we can't get more coaches tape. It is often difficult to follow what happens prior to the balls arrival. 

We aren't going CB round one.. We signed Toler and resigned Butler and that other guy who can't cover a bed with a blanket.

I believe we go BPA.....if that is a CB, why not. You can never have enough good DBs in the NFL. Also, the Colts have a long history of DBs getting injured.

I would personally like to see OLB or DE (or WR depending on how things shake out). Would really like to pick up Quinton Patton at some point in the draft.

We aren't going CB round one.. We signed Toler and resigned Butler and that other guy who can't cover a bed with a blanket.

I liked this not because I necessarily agree we definitly wont go Corner (Because if Rhodes is sitting there I think its 50/50 we draft him which would make him our #2 in my opinion, Simply no way Toler beats him out if we draft Rhodes) but more because of that guy that cant cover a bed with a blanket 

Did you mean to say that cautiously......or Cassiusly........he never has figured out you cannot get the blanket on the bed with your back turned to it  :spit:

Trufant is kind of hard to figure out. I haven't seen him play too much so I can only go on what I've read about him in different scouting reports. Almost every one of his scouting reports that I've seen say something totally different. I've seen that he's really good in press coverage, and I've also seen that press coverage is his weakness and he's terrible against the run because of bad tackling.

I've read that zone coverage teams will like him more than man coverage teams and that he only has played man coverage 1 yr. in college. So I don't know what to believe about him.

When I watch him He looks like he is better in Zone but does have the capability to play good in Man with some coaching, He looks good in press coverage. I would not draft him in the 1st round but if we were to trade down for him in the top of the 2nd then I wouldn't complain although I'd personally rather have Banks