Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm going to make a comparison that I think Colts fans will remember all too well.

Alec Lemon WR out of Syracuse is a sleeper for me. The guy likens to Brandon Stokely to me. He is a shifty guy who is already a very good route runner, played in a pro-style offense, and screams future slot nightmare to me.

2 WRs I have in mind: Marquess Wilson, WR, Washington State and Jasper Collins, WR, Mount Union

Both of these guys are going to outplay where they will be drafted, IMO. Both are good route runners and will produce at the next level with Wilson having the more upside.

Nickell Robey, Cornerback, USC.   He has started at corner since he was a freshman, and was probably one of the three best corners in the PAC12 last year.  Tough as nails, good open field tackler, is a little short at 5'9", but is also a real good punt returner because he can go from zero to full speed very quickly.

Nickell Robey, Cornerback, USC.   He has started at corner since he was a freshman, and was probably one of the three best corners in the PAC12 last year.  Tough as nails, good open field tackler, is a little short at 5'9", but is also a real good punt returner because he can go from zero to full speed very quickly.

Actually....   he's a lot short...

More like 5'71/2"....     really....   he's that short....

That said....   he's a tenacious little slot corner and he will get drafted and be somebody's 4th corner...

Good little player....

2 WRs I have in mind: Marquess Wilson, WR, Washington State and Jasper Collins, WR, Mount Union

Both of these guys are going to outplay where they will be drafted, IMO. Both are good route runners and will produce at the next level with Wilson having the more upside.

Wilson is my deep WR sleeper....   Hoping he falls in the draft and the Colts get to take him late....

I'd be very happy if that happens....    Very!      :thmup:

Wilson is my deep WR sleeper.... Hoping he falls in the draft and the Colts get to take him late....

I'd be very happy if that happens.... Very! :thmup:

Do you know what the story was with him getting dismissed from WSU? Mike Leach is kind of a flake, so I give him the benefit of the doubt.

Do you know what the story was with him getting dismissed from WSU? Mike Leach is kind of a flake, so I give him the benefit of the doubt.

I only know some....  I suspect I don't know the whole story....    but Leach and the coaches were running a long, difficult, hard,  in-season practice....  and at some point,  Wilson got fed-up and complained and then quit on the practice...  and then, a day or two later,  quit on the team. (really quit on the new coaching staff)

I think what we had was Leach and his staff trying to change the culture on WSU....   trying to toughen them up and see how hard were these kids willing to work....    but it was the type of practice you normally do during fall camp in the hot days of August,  not half-way through a season....

I suspect in his heart of hearts Wilson realizes he probably did a stupid thing....   it certainly cost himself a lot of money.

Instead of being a 2nd or 3rd round pick...  he's more likely going to be a 4th or 5th round pick.    Pretty stupid.   But, I hope not fatal at how we look at him.    I think he's a seriously talented kid.   If there were no other Red Flags,  then I'd be willing to draft him....

The question becomes....   how high?

I only know some....  I suspect I don't know the whole story....    but Leach and the coaches were running a long, difficult, hard,  in-season practice....  and at some point,  Wilson got fed-up and complained and then quit on the practice...  and then, a day or two later,  quit on the team. (really quit on the new coaching staff)

I think what we had was Leach and his staff trying to change the culture on WSU....   trying to toughen them up and see how hard were these kids willing to work....    but it was the type of practice you normally do during fall camp in the hot days of August,  not half-way through a season....

I suspect in his heart of hearts Wilson realizes he probably did a stupid thing....   it certainly cost himself a lot of money.

Instead of being a 2nd or 3rd round pick...  he's more likely going to be a 4th or 5th round pick.    Pretty stupid.   But, I hope not fatal at how we look at him.    I think he's a seriously talented kid.   If there were no other Red Flags,  then I'd be willing to draft him....

The question becomes....   how high?

I think quitting on your team is exactly the kind of red flag that Grigson and Pagano will avoid players for. They are looking for people ready to come on here and WORK! They don't care if things are tough.

By position

QB-Seth Doege

RB-D.J Harper

WR-Alec Lemon

TE-Joseph Fauria

OL-Eric Herman

DL-Joe Vellano

LB-Cameron Lawrence(Would like to see him but on some weight though)

S-Brandan Bishop

Many of those guys unfortunately it will depend on what team they land with, Land on a team that does not maximize your strengths and thats the wrong scheme fit and your screwed before ya ever get a chance

I think quitting on your team is exactly the kind of red flag that Grigson and Pagano will avoid players for. They are looking for people ready to come on here and WORK! They don't care if things are tough.

You maybe right.    I'm just hoping there's more to this than meets the eye....

Generally speaking,  kids playing football are not afraid of hard work and becoming tougher....

True story....   the coach Stanford had before Jim Harbaugh was Walt Harris...  very successful coach who had come from Pittsburgh where he had taken the Panthers to the Fiesta Bowl...    he too, was trying to toughen-up the Stanford team and in less than two years practically the entire team quit on Harris.    That kind of thing never happens at Stanford.   But the whole team quit and we went 1-11.

The next coach in is Harbaugh....  also wanted to do the same thing...  toughen kids up...   but he did so in a much more positive way....   the kids loved him...   ran through walls for him....   his 1st year Stanford pulls off the biggest upset in College Football...  a 41-point underdog to USC and we did it because we were the tougher team...   and now,  Stanford is considered one of the toughest teams in all of college football.

Bottom line....   there's a right way and a wrong way of doing things....   Harris clearly had the wrong way.   Harbaugh clearly had the right way.

I'm hoping that's the case with Wilson.   Put him on the right team and his skills might really soar!      :thmup:

That's the hope anyway....

By position

QB-Seth Doege

RB-D.J Harper

WR-Alec Lemon

TE-Joseph Fauria

OL-Eric Herman

DL-Joe Vellano

S-Brandan Bishop

Many of those guys unfortunately it will depend on what team they land with, Land on a team that does not maximize your strengths and thats the wrong scheme fit and your screwed before ya ever get a chance

I think this might be the truest thing you've said in quite some time!    Very, very good point.   Well said....      :thmup:

By position

QB-Seth Doege

RB-D.J Harper

WR-Alec Lemon

TE-Joseph Fauria

OL-Eric Herman

DL-Joe Vellano

S-Brandan Bishop

Good list :thmup: ....Herman to me is not a sleeper....the boy can play....I actually was going to put him in my draftables for the Colts on Warhorses thread...I like him a lot.

I used to have Aaron Mellette as a sleeper.....looks like his stock has once again risen....he has shown 7th....5th...6th....now 4th or 5th?   HMMMM....I think he would be a great Colt...but if he lasts late!!

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/aaron-mellette?id=2539221