Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chad72 Mock Draft with no trades

Round 1: DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson - 6'1", 214, plays faster than timed, soft hands, catches in traffic, can play outside and inside, reminds me of a slightly slower Roddy White with just as much upside

Round 3: Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State - 6'0", 192, 4.36 speed, better in coverage than in run support, has potential to be starting CB with coaching that I feel we can offer

Round 4: Ty Powell, OLB, Harding - 6'2", 249, 4.64 speed, has experience playing DE, safety and LB in his high school and collegiate career, has experience dropping into coverage as well.

Round 5: Eric Herman, OG, Ohio - 6'4", 320, 5.25, looked very good in his combine drills, has 51 consecutive starts, and run blocking is his strength, was part of run blocking unit that helped his RB set college all time rushing record

Round 6: Ray Ray Armstrong, SS, Miami (probably my most intriguing choice so far): 6'3", 216, 4.70 speed, this guy could be this year's Vontaze Burfict, IMO. At one point in time, touted to be a round 1-2 selection, I expect this guy to drop enough to be available here due to his off field issues

Round 7 - Kyle Juszczyk, FB, Harvard - 6'1", 248 lbs, 4.72 speed, very impressive as lead blocker vs all LBs invited in the Senior Bowl, played HB/FB/TE in college, perfect fit for the 2-tight and 3-tight sets we will run in the WCO with Pep Hamilton, has soft hands for catching routes as well, this also allows Colts to not use Dwayne Allen as FB as much

Like it

Round 1: DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson - 6'1", 214, plays faster than timed, soft hands, catches in traffic, can play outside and inside, reminds me of a slightly slower Roddy White with just as much upside

Round 3: Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State - 6'0", 192, 4.36 speed, better in coverage than in run support, has potential to be starting CB with coaching that I feel we can offer

Round 4: Ty Powell, OLB, Harding - 6'2", 249, 4.64 speed, has experience playing DE, safety and LB in his high school and collegiate career, has experience dropping into coverage as well.

Round 5: Eric Herman, OG, Ohio - 6'4", 320, 5.25, looked very good in his combine drills, has 51 consecutive starts, and run blocking is his strength, was part of run blocking unit that helped his RB set college all time rushing record

Round 6: Ray Ray Armstrong, SS, Miami (probably my most intriguing choice so far): 6'3", 216, 4.70 speed, this guy could be this year's Vontaze Burfict, IMO. At one point in time, touted to be a round 1-2 selection, I expect this guy to drop enough to be available here due to his off field issues

Round 7 - Kyle Juszczyk, FB, Harvard - 6'1", 248 lbs, 4.72 speed, very impressive as lead blocker vs all LBs invited in the Senior Bowl, played HB/FB/TE in college, perfect fit for the 2-tight and 3-tight sets we will run in the WCO with Pep Hamilton, has soft hands for catching routes as well, this also allows Colts to not use Dwayne Allen as FB as much

I like it, but don't think we should draft a fullback, even in the 7th... having Allen in the backfield is a look that allows us to disguise our intentions and make play calling decisions without substituting... I wouldn't add a true fullback into the mix unless it was goal to go inside the 3... that happens rarely enough to where we can put one of those big boy backup TEs we have back there or have an extra lineman report as eligible...

I like it, but don't think we should draft a fullback, even in the 7th... having Allen in the backfield is a look that allows us to disguise our intentions and make play calling decisions without substituting... I wouldn't add a true fullback into the mix unless it was goal to go inside the 3... that happens rarely enough to where we can put one of those big boy backup TEs we have back there or have an extra lineman report as eligible...

Plus pep used a TE as his fullback all last year in Hewitt #85. Don't know if it was for strategy or they just didn't have anybody else. But I can see Allen all over the field again just like last year with Arians

I see your point.

However,  this guy has played a lot of HB and TE in college (much like Brody Eldridge) and his role has not been FB exclusively. Fleener is around 245, Allen around 255, and this guy is right there in terms of bulk and outside Fleener, is just as fast as our backup TEs. To me, that gives us an added element of whether we are going to punch it in or pass to the flat to the HB with a rollout using a mobile QB.

Spider Y Banana, remember??? Just saying... :)

I see your point.

However, this guy has played a lot of HB and TE in college (much like Brody Eldridge) and his role has not been FB exclusively. Fleener is around 245, Allen around 255, and this guy is right there in terms of bulk and outside Fleener, is just as fast as our backup TEs. To me, that gives us an added element of whether we are going to punch it in or pass to the flat to the HB with a rollout using a mobile QB.

Spider Y Banana, remember??? Just saying... :)

Rather have Allen running that

I actually like that draft but I would rather have a pass rusher in the 1st round Damontre Moore or Bjoern Werner or Alex Okafor or Cornellius Carradine (Who might be the best all around linebacker out of the players I named) 

Slay, Powell, and Armstrong.

Slay according to NFL.com has a 71.0 draft grade...good for bottom of the 3rd, so they dont think thats a reach.

Powell according to his NFL.com 68.0 draft grade is a top of the 4th round prospect

Ray Ray dont have a draft grade according to NFL.com (Guess that means they expect him to go undrafted) but was one of the best Safety prospects before he got in trouble and attempted to transfer Faulkner and was forced to sit out this year, If he has his head on straight he would be a steal in the draft......although I'd rather go with Brandan Bishop.....very talented FS who could back up Bethea and learn behind him a couple years who is a ballhawk and is not afraid to lay someone out

If we must sacrifice drafting a safety for a guard, a guy that I think might fall to the 7th could be Damion Stafford out of Nebraska. The kid has the intangibles and work ethic to eventually develop. I think he's worth a shot, and he could be solid eventually.

Slay according to NFL.com has a 71.0 draft grade...good for bottom of the 3rd, so they dont think thats a reach.

Powell according to his NFL.com 68.0 draft grade is a top of the 4th round prospect

Ray Ray dont have a draft grade according to NFL.com (Guess that means they expect him to go undrafted) but was one of the best Safety prospects before he got in trouble and attempted to transfer Faulkner and was forced to sit out this year, If he has his head on straight he would be a steal in the draft......although I'd rather go with Brandan Bishop.....very talented FS who could back up Bethea and learn behind him a couple years who is a ballhawk and is not afraid to lay someone out

I don't care about a website's draft grades. Slay was a late rounder at best before the combine. Armstrong is big and fast, but can't cover to save his life.

Best Mock I've seen so far