Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Whats more likely to start season

bayone

Ravens play away due to Orioloes have home stadium, if they get Doomervil start with a revenge game

Whether or not Broncos get Freney they have an ex colt named Peyton

Will sunday / monday night be Vs Colts

or theres always a Manning bowl with Giants  ( it was a sunday or Monday night game to start 4 years ago when last they met ))

& lets not forget DEnver with Welker Vs Pats is also a good show but better to let Welker get settled and play mid season as usual between a Peyton Team & the Pats

No they are going to play on the road. Likely Broncos, but not necessarily a bad thing for Broncos since this group of Ravens will be much worse.

Yep, would be a guaranteed first win for the Broncos if it does happen.

Yep, would be a guaranteed first win for the Broncos if it does happen.

But still prefer to have Ravens VS. Steelers. I think Ravens will collapse in 2013 and hope when they are playing Broncos they already have nothing to play for. To open the season they might still have some pride and could generate some noise.

I think like 4 years Back its a Manning bowl in NY for Broncos

Ravens choices are  u r right Steelers best rivalry then 

what happens if Orioles are 20 games out of first though then can ravens play at home, but can only make a switch if its Vs an afc west opponent

Pittsburgh Steelers

Cleveland Browns

Cincinnati Bengals

Buffalo Bills

Miami Dolphins

Chicago Bears

Detroit Lions

Denver Broncos

Broncos are the only appealing game. Possibly the AFCN rival Steelers could be it though.

But still prefer to have Ravens VS. Steelers. I think Ravens will collapse in 2013 and hope when they are playing Broncos they already have nothing to play for. To open the season they might still have some pride and could generate some noise.

I wouldn't be opposed to that either. Those are always fun to watch, though it'll definitely be different with Reed/Lewis out of the line up.

I heard that the ravens are offering money to the baseball team to play an afternoon game that day so they can still have the home opener and raise the banner. If that happens, it is for sure Ravens/Pats.

They tried that and the Os rejected it.  That's why it's been confirmed they won't open up at home.

Personally, I think the Os are being unreasonable.  Have the game earlier, or do a double header.  Teams do double headers all the time when there's rain or something like that. And it's not like there isn't ample time for them to plan the doubleheader....the baseball season hasn't even started yet.  162  baseball games....only 1 season opener.

They tried that and the Os rejected it.  That's why it's been confirmed they won't open up at home.

Personally, I think the Os are being unreasonable.  Have the game earlier, or do a double header.  Teams do double headers all the time when there's rain or something like that. And it's not like there isn't ample time for them to plan the doubleheader....the baseball season hasn't even started yet.  162  baseball games....only 1 season opener.

I heard are 9 teams that asked their cities   baseball club to alter their scheduled home games that weekend and all refused, sorry, read that earlkieer toady, no link

I completely agree. I mean how many times does your team win the SB? It is tradition to open up at home and raise the banner. That is lousy. Like you said 162 games, 81 at home, vs. 16 games, 8 at home. That is a shame.

I could see them using the Lions as well.  High power offense that is not far removed from the playoffs.  Same with the Bears, major media market with a new coach. Bengals and Steelers are possible from a divisional rival stand point.  I would agree Broncos Ravens is probably the most attractive though but I had also read earlier this off-season that NBC had tagged Broncos/Giants to open SNF but I don't think that has ever been made official. 

Not the Orioles fault. There we too many parking and traffic headaches to make it unfeasible. You would also have to get the White Sox to agree to play earlier. As a fan of both, naturally I'd like to see the doubleheader, but the NFL could have changed the game to Wednesday. They used the Rosh Hashanah excuse, but I don't think they wanted to move their Thursday night game to Wednesday. Also, Harbaugh doesn't mind going on the road, as he would get a 10 day break at the opening. It just didn't work out. All I care is that they won the Super Bowl. They will have plenty of time to hang the banner.

Ravens vs Bills or Ravens vs Dolphins will be the Ravens road game.

But if it were me, I'd just ask the Ravens to play at home Wednesday night like the Giants did because President Obama had a speech on Thursday night.

Jewish holiday. They called that a non starter (which is weird, because the NFL plays games on so-called American and Christian holidays, but whatever).

I don't know why they're sending them on the road, though. Just make them the Sunday night game, that way the city and the fans get the home opener in primetime in Week 1. Maybe I'm missing something...

Jewish holiday. They called that a non starter (which is weird, because the NFL plays games on so-called American and Christian holidays, but whatever).

I don't know why they're sending them on the road, though. Just make them the Sunday night game, that way the city and the fans get the home opener in primetime in Week 1. Maybe I'm missing something...

John Harbaugh refused to play on Sunday since he wanted his team to have a long week after the first game. By law NFL cannot play games on other weekdays and Saturday due to confilict with college games.

Anyway it is just a decade of "tradition" to have the defending champ starte the season at home. Not a huge deal though.

John Harbaugh refused to play on Sunday since he wanted his team to have a long week after the first game. By law NFL cannot play games on other weekdays and Saturday due to confilict with college games.

Anyway it is just a decade of "tradition" to have the defending champ starte the season at home. Not a huge deal though.

That's a good reason. Those extra three days kind of turn into a mini bye week. But then the Ravens can't really play the victim here. Sunday night is a viable option if you want your city to get a primetime home opener.

That's a good reason. Those extra three days kind of turn into a mini bye week. But then the Ravens can't really play the victim here. Sunday night is a viable option if you want your city to get a primetime home opener.

considering their team is going to be weak this season, opening on the road at Denver could give them good excuse for losing. If they open the season at home and lose to the Pats it could hurt even more.