Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ManningToCollie's Colts mock draft (1.0)

Teams needs: WR, OC, OLB, CB, OG

Colts addressed most of their needs via free agency and Grigson has done a fair job this offseason trying to shape this team together. Although this team may look good on paper, the roster still needs some upgrade at certain positions and the draft can certainly help.

First and foremost, I expect the Colts to trade down in the draft unless a star player is available.

That being said, I predict a trade.

Indianapolis trades down their 24th pick of the first round to the Eagles for their second and fourth round picks.

2nd Round 35th pick (From Eagles): Colts select Damontre Moore, LB, Texas A&M

- Colts have no depth behind Walden, Mathis, and Hughes and Moore is a first round talent with some issues. I have him dropping this far because of a poor combine. Dwayne Allen had a poor combine and turned out to be a great player for us. I expect Moore to do the same. He has explosiveness as a pass rusher and that's exactly what we need. Walden and Hughes doesn't cut it for being pass rushers. Moore would be a great pick here.

3rd Round 86th pick: Colts select Barrett Jones, OC, Alabama

- I am not pleased with Satele starting for the Colts. He is a terrible pass blocker but he is decent in the run. I believe Jones could start right away for us. Jones has good size and even a better pass protector which is a key for our offensive line this year. Solid run blocker as well.

4th Round 101th pick (From Eagles): Colts select Connor Vernon, WR, Duke

- Irsay recently stated that the Colts are in need of a #2 receiver. Colts aren't going to find a long term solution in free agency as of right now and I fully believe Vernon would be the perfect option. Vernon would be a great number two receiver after a very good Senior Bowl game which he provided with major quickness and a easy option for the quarterback.

4th Round 121st pick: Colts select Tharold Simon, CB, LSU

- Colts have a solid group of corners, but adding one more will make it even better. Simon is a physical corner who could potentially play outside with Davis. Simon makes big plays when needed and is a great run tackler. Consider this a steal pick for the Colts.

6th Round 192nd pick: Colts select Omoregie Uzzi, OG, Georgia Tech

- I'm not sold on Reitz/McGlynn starting for another season but it looks like its very likely. I think Uzzi has tons of potential to be a starter caliber player. He provided great pass blocking skills against teams but can struggle against some tougher opponents which is why he falls to end of sixth round.

7th Round 254th pick: Colts select Corey Fuller, WR, Virginia Tech

- Fuller could have potential in him with his fast speed but very raw. Could be our potential kick/punt returner which is a clear need.

You forgot our other 7th rounder. Good picks, but if we trade down for an OLB I don't want anyone but Jamie Collins, barring a big drop by a better player. I don't really like Conner Vernon in the forth, I think a better WR will be available. Marquess Wilson maybe.

Dont forget about AQ Shipley, plus I expect Satele to get better as he's in a good system that fits him. I could be wrong though.

The Damontre Moore pick is pushing it a bit, I realize he's falling, but I mean, into the 2nd round? That could be a bit much, but it's definitely not unrealistic. 

Jones is a pretty solid 3rd round pick, I'd be ok with that, although Bailey's probably a better option, imo. 

Don't see the point of drafting 2 receiers, especially Vernon, who isn't that great, imo. Chris Harper is much better if you ask me and should be there.

I think the Colts should address the defense more whether it be with another LB pick or a DL pick. Hell I'd say even go after a safety. 

I think we need to face it that the front 7 are finished for the time being.  Mathis is the pass-rusher, and he is a Pro-Bowler with two mor years on his contract.  Not time to replace him yet!  Watch for that OL position!  And I like your thought process on Barrett Jones, but people have somehow devalued him well into the 3rd round...I don't see it happening.  He's a mid- to late-2nd, who COULD fall a couple of picks into the 3rd IMHO. 

1) Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky

3) Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tenn. Tech

4) B.W. Webb, CB, William & Mary