Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ravens could play Patriots in season opener, could face same fate as Giants?

chad72

I don't know if you guys have heard, there is a big controversy going on in Baltimore, as that opening Thursday night NFL game, coincides with a Baltimore Orioles game against the White Sox. The Ravens and the Orioles share alot of parking lots, so it would be unfeasible for both games to be played at the same time. Right now the Orioles are balking at an earlier start time, and the NFL doesn't want to play the game Wednesday, because of Rosh Hashanah. It's a mess right now, and the Ravens may very well be opening up on the road. For all you Raven's haters, you'll probably get a kick out of this.

I don't know if you guys have heard, there is a big controversy going on in Baltimore, as that opening Thursday night NFL game, coincides with a Baltimore Orioles game against the White Sox. The Ravens and the Orioles share alot of parking lots, so it would be unfeasible for both games to be played at the same time. Right now the Orioles are balking at an earlier start time, and the NFL doesn't want to play the game Wednesday, because of Rosh Hashanah. It's a mess right now, and the Ravens may very well be opening up on the road. For all you Raven's haters, you'll probably get a kick out of this.

it is official the Ravens open on the road. and it was the Ravens that balked at doing the game on Wed. which would be the perfect solution as the O's would be in Cleveland. The NFl has played games on Rosh Hashanah before. if they are going to balk at playing on a Jewish holiday then they should play on Xmas  which is a Christian Holiday. I am not being disrespectful of the Jewish religion but if we are going to put emphasis on one relgion then we should repest all the different religous holidays and not play games on them. If the Ravens wantes to play at home so badly then thye would have played on Wed.

Sorry for the rant but being a Colt fan living in Maryland you hear al the so called O's-Raven's fans putting the blame on the O's for this. My feeling this is the Nfl and the Ravens trying to flex their muscles and buly anothe major sport.  you just can't have two games in the city of baltimore at the same time at they share parking. the baseball schedule has been out for a long time and the NFL knew this could happen and still they want to be inflexable. if another super bowl champ that has dual stadiums wins one iand the schedules conflict is the NFL going to be inflexable again or will they find a quick solution to the problem. Again sorry for the rant. It is just so frustrating to hear how it is unfair that the O's won't budge on this matter.  my opion is MLB and teh O's shouldn't hae to as  there is a perfectly good date for the Ravens to play on and no matter what there will be issuse like short turn around from the preseason.  live with it it also means an extra day rest after the game.

The NFL played on a Wednesday night last year due to President Obama's speech on Thursday night. So, why could they not do it on Wednesday night again this time? It makes zero sense when a lot of potential conflicts could be avoided.

Now that the decision has been made, I expect the Ravens to open at Buffalo or Miami.

it is official the Ravens open on the road. and it was the Ravens that balked at doing the game on Wed. which would be the perfect solution as the O's would be in Cleveland. The NFl has played games on Rosh Hashanah before. if they are going to balk at playing on a Jewish holiday then they should play on Xmas  which is a Christian Holiday. I am not being disrespectful of the Jewish religion but if we are going to put emphasis on one relgion then we should repest all the different religous holidays and not play games on them. If the Ravens wantes to play at home so badly then thye would have played on Wed.

Sorry for the rant but being a Colt fan living in Maryland you hear al the so called O's-Raven's fans putting the blame on the O's for this. My feeling this is the Nfl and the Ravens trying to flex their muscles and buly anothe major sport.  you just can't have two games in the city of baltimore at the same time at they share parking. the baseball schedule has been out for a long time and the NFL knew this could happen and still they want to be inflexable. if another super bowl champ that has dual stadiums wins one iand the schedules conflict is the NFL going to be inflexable again or will they find a quick solution to the problem. Again sorry for the rant. It is just so frustrating to hear how it is unfair that the O's won't budge on this matter.  my opion is MLB and teh O's shouldn't hae to as  there is a perfectly good date for the Ravens to play on and no matter what there will be issuse like short turn around from the preseason.  live with it it also means an extra day rest after the game.

The Ravens are not blaming the Orioles. Most of that came from fans on talk shows. They tried to work it out, but the parking and trafiic situations make it undoable. Harbaugh is fine starting on the road, and getting some extra rest for the home opener. The Orioles may be in a pennant race like last year, but the White Sox would have also signed off on this one. The NFL goofed up on this one, never thinking the Ravens would win the Super Bowl. Guess what, the second trophy is at the castle, and the Colt trophy from 1970 is in our museum. Didn't Taglibue tell us to build a museum, or something, when he handed the expansion teams to the great NFL cities of Jacksonville and Charlotte ! They are always wrong about Baltimore.

The NFL played on a Wednesday night last year due to President Obama's speech on Thursday night. So, why could they not do it on Wednesday night again this time? It makes zero sense when a lot of potential conflicts could be avoided.

Now that the decision has been made, I expect the Ravens to open at Buffalo or Miami.

You're right. Then the season would get here just a little bit earlier again haha