Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's latest tweet (Saturday 3/16)

GoColts8818

1. @gmbremer So is there steal a deal on signing a WR or is that done now?

@coltsnumberone Last I heard, there is still a deal in the works. Colts waiting on an answer from mystery WR.

1. @gmbremer @coltsnumberone Deal as in contract offer or trade? Sorry. Desperate for info.

@ChicagoColt @coltsnumberone Haven't seen confirmation whether it's a signing or a trade. Just know it's in the WR's hands now. Or was.

According to Bremer the deal is still alive

Edit: Deleted extra twitter stuff to try to clean up how the post looks

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DX is Danario Alexander. Chargers brought him off the street mid way through last season. Was with Rams before. had some busted leg troubles but got healthy and is back in the league. played healthy for all games he was on Chargers last year... his numbers with them extrapolated over a whole season are... VERY NICE. He is big. fast... and like all the other Colts signings... YOUNG! he is only 24. and cheap. (well SD can match $$ but maybe thats why its taking 6 days... we are working out the dollars to get him away)

guy was a beast in SD and with Luck chucking it to him would have no ceiling. luck>rivers.

So how can we know if its an RFA?

If he's waiting on the receiver that mean he's either:

a) Signing a regular free agent, but that shouldn't take 7 days

b) Signing a RFA, and they would have to present him with an offer sheet that he would have to sign. A RFA has more leverage so this should be a deal that takes a while.

1. @gmbremer So is there steal a deal on signing a WR or is that done now?

@coltsnumberone Last I heard, there is still a deal in the works. Colts waiting on an answer from mystery WR.

1. @gmbremer @coltsnumberone Deal as in contract offer or trade? Sorry. Desperate for info.

@ChicagoColt @coltsnumberone Haven't seen confirmation whether it's a signing or a trade. Just know it's in the WR's hands now. Or was.

According to Bremer the deal is still alive

Edit: Deleted extra twitter stuff to try to clean up how the post looks

:banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:

It shows that he isn't the QB many people think he is. Add in the sorry completion percentage and one of the NFL's worst QB ratings and you do not have a recipe for a franchise QB. He may turn this around but it is a concern. Right now he is behind RGIII and Wilson in the battle of 2012 Rookie QBs.

Take your crap back to pacersdigest! While I'm not a member there I see you post all the time. It's usually just stuff to get people a riled up. Also, noticed you had the biggest man crush on manning also. So your bias is exposed there also. Don't come here with your Luck hating agenda.

easily. and he is young. finally had time to get knees healthy because everyone gave up. he was brought back to SD... who had Vincent Brown and when he wasnt comming back took a flyer on the ultra upside of DX and it paid. however they hvae Brown back now and a full stable and it doesnt look like they are activly trying to keep him... why not slide in for the steal. HUGE upside, mimimal risk.

Idk But when that dude is healthy, he's a top 10 receiver.

If DX is a RFA does that mean he has a draft pick attached to him. If so what is it?

Nope, the Chargers gave him an original pick tag. Meaning we have to give up a pick in the round he was drafted in. Thing is though, he was undrafted. haha

If he's waiting on the receiver that mean he's either:

a) Signing a regular free agent, but that shouldn't take 7 days

b) Signing a RFA, and they would have to present him with an offer sheet that he would have to sign. A RFA has more leverage so this should be a deal that takes a while.

Thanks! Makes sense! Well now we have some renewed hope around here.

I know this is off topic but I love the way the nfl has set up the free agency financially. With all the rules in place, it's basically fair game. You don't see big market teams buying players left and right, small market teams not being able to sign people. None of that, just well managed teams spending money well and mismanaged teams doing what they usually do.

I know this is off topic but I love the way the nfl has set up the free agency financially. With all the rules in place, it's basically fair game. You don't see big market teams buying players left and right, small market teams not being able to sign people. None of that, just well managed teams spending money well and mismanaged teams doing what they usually do.

I agree it's not like the NBA where small markets get ripped off

I agree it's not like the NBA where small markets get ripped off

EXACTLY! Ever since the hard cap came into play, the cowboys haven't won anything since. Nowadays, in the nfl, you try to make a dream team and you're setting yourself up for cap hell. In the NBA, you become champions for the next 10 years (heat)