Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Greg Jennings signs with Vikings

They lose Jennings and Driver and can't rely on Finley.  Rodgers is good enough to make do with other players though.  I'm surprised at this.  Not only did the Packers reportedly offer Jennings $10 mil, but Jennings isn't even worth that much.  Plus, Jennings make a joking-but-not-joking statement about playing in warmer weather a few months ago, and then he signs with Minny.  His market was not as big as he hoped

The Vikings...Greg are you insane?! To go from Rogers to Ponder?  "$18 million guaranteed. " Yes, that is good money & perhaps living in GB you preferred a rural, small town atmosphere. AP's gotta be pretty happy I would imagine. 

The Vikings really?  :slaphead:  :facepalm:  So much for competing for a Championship Greg. A horrible move IMO. Get used to losing Greg...

The Vikings...Greg are you insane?! To go from Rogers to Ponder?  "$18 million guaranteed. " Yes, that is good money & perhaps living in GB you preferred a rural, small town atmosphere. AP's gotta be pretty happy I would imagine. 

The Vikings really?  :slaphead:  :facepalm:  So much for competing for a Championship Greg. A horrible move IMO. Get used to losing Greg...

They just made the playoffs with their #1 receiver on IR and they now have 2 1st round draft choices. It wouldn't surprise me if they win the division next year.

They just made the playoffs with their #1 receiver on IR and they now have 2 1st round draft choices. It wouldn't surprise me if they win the division next year.

Yes, they did make the Playoffs, but they got knocked out immediately & neither Ponder or Cassell is going to beat either GB or Detroit this year with Bush now. Thats the NFC North the Packers & the Lions. The Vikings resemble this to me now: [barney a children's dinosaur.] I respect AP & Jennings but those QBs won't go anywhere period. The Vikings are dead in the water. Jennings just wanted financial security.

barney_the_dinosaur.jpg

I've actually thought about the Vikings situation for a few days now. Start Matt Cassel now. He won 11 games as a starter in NE & he can actually throw the ball downfield. With a weapon like Jennings, get him the ball early & often. Keep AP in the mix naturally. I just don't trust Ponder.

If I'm Vikings HC Leslie Frazier, I just don't hand the keys to the franchise Ferrari to Mr. Ponder. Open it up to competition: It works at every other NFL position. Why not at the QB spot?