Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My new Post-FA Mock draft

*Indy trades down with Buffalo and gets their 2nd, 3rd, 2014 5th in return.*

2nd(via trade)- OLB Jamie Collins, Southern Miss (This guy is very versatile, and Im not a huge fan of keeping Mathis much longer with the amount of money he is being paid. He hasnt really produced 10 mil per year numbers. I would mind going this route, and then in 2014 offseason try and trade Mathis.)

3rd(via trade)- OG Travis Frederick (Another good OG is needed and Wisconsin produces good pros so we get our added piece on the OL.)

3rd- CB Darius Slay (Gives us another good corner with size. Im hesitant to think Toler is the long term answer at starting CB opposite Davis at this point.)

4th- NT Kwame Geathers (We draft Geathers in case Chapman doesnt work out. Ricky Jean is more of a 3-4 DE.)

1.Alex Okafor

3.Brandon Williams

4.Tharold Simon

6.Kwame Geathers

7.Tyrone Goard

Not the "sexiest" draft by a long shot but every position fills a need and goign by draft grade they could be there in each round, Only issue is we would probably still need another Guard

The slot receiver, also known as the flanker, IS the #2 wideout.

Now, if you're saying Brazil will be 2nd string,  that's another story.   I'm not sure which it is that you're saying.......

He's using wideout in the literal term. As in, playing on the outside.

Colts WRs are a talented bunch from wayne to hilton to brazill and whalen the thing they need to work on the most is not dropping so many passes this season.  They have the ability and speed to uncover from defenders but when they are wide open they drop passes.

Yeah they're definitely talented and have a high ceiling.....we dont NEED a receiver but I'd like to see one picked up in third rd....priorities IMHO are 1)Pass Rusher 2) WR 3)OG 4)CB

How can you think that pass rusher is a priority over OG? WR shouldn't be a priority over OG either IMO. I'm fine if they draft one in the 1st rd. since we made our FA signings, but O-line would still be my #1 priority if Warmack or Cooper fell in our laps(which I highly doubt).

How can you think that pass rusher is a priority over OG? WR shouldn't be a priority over OG either IMO. I'm fine if they draft one in the 1st rd. since we made our FA signings, but O-line would still be my #1 priority if Warmack or Cooper fell in our laps(which I highly doubt).

I think you have to base the wishlist off of something realistic, which I've learned on this board...you folks are harsh...but yeah back to what I'm trying to say, The 1st round talent for OLs will be gone at 24...however 1st round caliber pass rushers and WR's will more than likely be available. This draft is deep with OL talent but they will be picked up when they SHOULD be. We picked up a starting tackle and guard in FA we need another guard but we very well might have him on the team already. Its a matter of reevaluation.

I think you have to base the wishlist off of something realistic, which I've learned on this board...you folks are harsh...but yeah back to what I'm trying to say, The 1st round talent for OLs will be gone at 24...however 1st round caliber pass rushers and WR's will more than likely be available. This draft is deep with OL talent but they will be picked up when they SHOULD be. We picked up a starting tackle and guard in FA we need another guard but we very well might have him on the team already. Its a matter of reevaluation.

I understand getting a pass rusher, and if a good one is available at 24, I could see us grabbing him. My only point was the word priority that you used. No way is pass rusher a priority over O-line IMO since we still have Mathis and Hughes. We are short on O-line talent which automatically makes it a higher priority. Whether we can get one at 24 is irrelevant, the priority won't change. BTW, I'm not trying to be harsh with you at all, just a debatable question. 

Been seeing more and more mocks with Menelik Watson from FSU coming to us. Developmental OT, not too fond of that one.

We have Cherilus now, would not make much sense, we still need another Guard, another Corner, another pass rush OLB, Safety depth 

Problem with this draft is the calibur of Quarterbacks is missing.Means alot of different people and positions are going to fall weird this year.I expect to see alot of draft pick trading and more deals for more picks than a normal year.But still with Balzer O-line is priority I would even trade up if i could this year to grab top guard.And I am usually 10000& against any reaches but look at our team I mean we could be 1 guard from having a top O line.Grigs is an O-lineman he knows the offense starts there.Would improve Lucks Tds and Ballards ,Browns yards.

NO LBs in the 1st or (If trade) the 2nd.

2. Warford or Hopkins (NEED G upgrade / Reggie Replacement in 2-3yrs)

3. Bostic or Lemonier (Need OLB)

3. Frederick, Jones, Pugh, Winters, Watson, Long OL (OL Help)

4. Swearinger, Thomas, Thomas FS, Washington LB (Bethea Replacement...LB)

6. Bell, Taylor RB, Bailey, Hawkinson G (Holes...)

7. Commings CB (Extra CB)

7. Sturgis K (Vinitari replacement)

I'm really confused as to why people are saying we need another CB. Davis and Toler are locked in starters, there is no doubt about that. Then we have Butler, Vaughn, Gordy, Marshay Green, and Teddy Williams. Are people under the false impression that Toler won't be our #2 or what? Because were not paying him 5 mil. per yr. to be a nickle corner, he will be the #2.

I'm really confused as to why people are saying we need another CB. Davis and Toler are locked in starters, there is no doubt about that. Then we have Butler, Vaughn, Gordy, Marshay Green, and Teddy Williams. Are people under the false impression that Toler won't be our #2 or what? Because were not paying him 5 mil. per yr. to be a nickle corner, he will be the #2.

Dollar wise Toler probably is locked in as the starter, Talent wise that has yet to be determined in my opinion, Im not comfortable with saying without question he will be our #2

Dollar wise Toler probably is locked in as the starter, Talent wise that has yet to be determined in my opinion, Im not comfortable with saying without question he will be our #2

Problem is though, that the Colts must be comfortable with him being the #2 because like I said, they wouldn't give him that much to be a nickle corner. Toler is a really good CB and I think you may be pleasantly surprised.

Problem is though, that the Colts must be comfortable with him being the #2 because like I said, they wouldn't give him that much to be a nickle corner. Toler is a really good CB and I think you may be pleasantly surprised.

Hoping Im surprised but if Rhodes falls into our laps I'd be much more comfortable with him as our #2 from the draft

Hoping Im surprised but if Rhodes falls into our laps I'd be much more comfortable with him as our #2 from the draft

Rhodes is out of the question IMO, because I don't think he makes it past Miami or Tampa. Why would you be more comfortable with a rookie CB that has never played a snap in the NFL as compared to a guy that has been a pretty consistent CB in the NFL? I like Rhodes too, but rookie's are always a crap shoot and I would never be more comfortable with one over a proven player.

Rhodes is out of the question IMO, because I don't think he makes it past Miami or Tampa. Why would you be more comfortable with a rookie CB that has never played a snap in the NFL as compared to a guy that has been a pretty consistent CB in the NFL? I like Rhodes too, but rookie's are always a crap shoot and I would never be more comfortable with one over a proven player.

He wasn't consistent enough to stick as a #2 Corner in 'Zona, Toler is far from proven, That appears to be Casons, Who knows who the Crads Nickel will be but its worth noting Powers was picked up the Cards over the idea of keeping Toler as the Nickel

He wasn't consistent enough to stick as a #2 Corner in 'Zona, Toler is far from proven, That appears to be Casons, Who knows who the Crads Nickel will be but its worth noting Powers was picked up the Cards over the idea of keeping Toler as the Nickel

No Arizona wanted to keep Toler.

The Cardinals wanted to keep cornerback Greg Toler, but that didn’t happen. Toleragreed to a deal with the Colts Tuesday within 90 minutes of free agency, taking away a possible starter for the Cards and leaving them low at the position after cutting William Gay and with the team not expected to bring Michael Adams back. Only 2012 rookies Jamell Fleming and Justin Bethel joing Patrick Peterson on the roster for now.

http://blog.azcardinals.com/tag/greg-toler/