Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Dumervil Saga: Released! (merge) (confirmed)

Dustin

I know...they are unreliable..really despise them in today's modern world...I bet the fax in this scenario was sent in plenty of time and did not go through.....like I said...I despise them.

dd u see a few comments back (( # 76 )) , fax was broken says NFL.com article, Broncos asked agent to use faster means and he wouldnt

I use a fax for many things but thats as easier with my disabilities & no time constarints involved, hey I dont even have a smart phone, just an old flip phone for ER purposes

But can tell u this, there is 1 company  I am involved with that send legal documents via e-mail with a request that u accept the e-mail signature on file as legal and accept e-mail as legal document / contract , u press that, then go to where u have to sign and there is a series of all your signatures on file, click on one and its legally and automatically sent & signed, if not i would be in violation of many things & the compant that uses it would be killed by the SEC

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was seven minutes late. The agreement was reached 35 minutes early. I'm sure that contracts are processed at the last minute all the time. Obviously he was holding out hope that someone else would make a better offer, or that the Broncos would cave. It's a game of poker and he didn't know if the team was bluffing.

Did Welker wait until the last second and then blow it on a technicality? It was pretty obvious that the Pats only wanted him at a set price, and he decided to go elsewhere instead. Here the Broncos only wanted Dumervil at a set price, and he agreed to it. What am I being naive about? What exactly was gained by either side by this error? If he was all that spiteful he would have told them where to stick the contract, not signed it and then made himself look like a buffoon.

I think  you made my point which is this was not just some innocent mistake. It was intentionally to wait to the end and then they blew it because the Broncs were not bluffing.

In terms of Welker, he had no intention of signing with the Pats after he was franchised last year. He was just using their deal to get to a contender. Denver bit and he is gone. I love how the media portrays as NE low balling and trying to make him go eslewhere. I mean these are grown men.

I know...they are unreliable..really despise them in today's modern world...I bet the fax in this scenario was sent in plenty of time and did not go through.....like I said...I despise them.

Well I have to fax monthly to get a reimbursement and on my cover page it tells me if it went through or not so that won't work as an excuse. Sounds like the agent just screwed up big time. :yahoo:

Well I have to fax monthly to get a reimbursement and on my cover page it tells me if it went through or not so that won't work as an excuse. Sounds like the agent just screwed up big time. :yahoo:

most people set fax & I would imagine for legal reasons an agent     set it so agent would get on confirm a time stamp of when sent & yes it tells if went thopugh or not like if not gives error code and says something like line interuption

most people set fax & I would imagine for legal reasons an agent     set it so agent would get on confirm a time stamp of when sent & yes it tells if went thopugh or not like if not gives error code and says something like line interuption

Agree Barry and the more articles I read about this the more confusing it gets. Sorta sounds kind of fishy to me. :monkeydance:

Agree Barry and the more articles I read about this the more confusing it gets. Sorta sounds kind of fishy to me. :monkeydance:

now i hear abraham hasnt signed with pats and Pats interested in Doom

chheck outb # 9 , Doom now # 1 free agent , Freeney is 6, osi 8, abraham 9

signed free agents in red , these three arent

Fact that site updated for doom means would have updated if abraham signed earlier with pats

What a mess and Broncos draw short straw no matter how u look at it, cjhnages cap, changes draft, Broncos could of lookerd at RB 1st if wanted , not saying would have, now have to rethink stategy, also could have offered steve jackson more than atlanta gave him

This copuld be a difference of a superbowl worthy D

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2013DE.php

3 NEWS STORIES 

a similar paperwork gaffe occurred to Terrell Owens in 2004 and the league and NFL Players Association wound up allowing T.O. to have his way. In February, 2004, Owens voided the final three years of his contract with the San Francisco 49ers, a move that was to make the receiver a free agent. However, Owens’ agent, David Joseph, didn’t file the paperwork in time and the league ruled Owens remained 49ers property.

When it was believed Owens was a free agent, he agreed to terms with the Philadelphia Eagles on a contract that paid him a $10 million signing bonus. However, the 49ers technically held Owens’ rights and they traded him to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for a second-round draft pick.

NFLPA executive director Gene Upshaw fought to rescind the trade and declare Owens a free agent. Upshaw won. The resolution was complicated with a three-way trade worked out but Owens wound up swith Philadelphia.

The Broncos did ask the league office today if it would honor the verbal agreement on a restructured contract the team negotiated with Dumervil. The league rejected the request.

Is it time for current union chief DeMaurice Smith to look into the matter?

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/03/15/dumerivl-deadline-debacle-has-precedent-terrell-owens/18924/

IS ELVIIS COMING BACK

Is Elvis coming back?

"We're going to talk about all our options," Elway said. "We're going to

let things settle down and see what happens. I'm not going to put a percentage on it."

In the meantime, Dumervil is a free agent, and Magid said his cell phone "has been blowing up" by calls from interested teams. However, two sources close to the situation said Dumervil wants to get his paperwork fiasco fixed and return to the Broncos.

Don't be surprised if the players' union gets involved. A similar paperwork gaffe occurred to Terrell Owens in 2004 and he wound up getting his way. In 2004, Owens voided the final three years of his contract with the San Francisco 49ers, a move that was to make the receiver a free agent. However, Owens' agent didn't file the paperwork in time and the league ruled Owens remained 49ers property.

When it was believed Owens was a free agent, he agreed to terms with the Philadelphia Eagles on a contract that paid him a $10 million signing bonus. However, the 49ers technically held Owens' rights and they traded him to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for a second-round draft pick.

NFLPA executive director Gene Upshaw fought to rescind the trade and declare Owens a free agent. Upshaw won and Owens wound up signing with Philadelphia.

The Broncos did ask the league office today if it would honor the verbal agreement on a restructured contract the team negotiated with Dumervil. The league rejected the request.

Read more:Broncos release Elvis Dumervil because new contract too late - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_22799752/clock-ticks-elvis-dumervils-future-broncos-or-elsewhere#ixzz2NgtGAQIJ
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us:@Denverpost on Twitter|Denverpost on Facebook

IN THE NBA

t it’s not the first time something like this has happened.

John Elway told Mike Klis about the Dumervil situation:

“The bottom line is our offer didn’t change from 11 o’clock, or 1 o’clock Eastern to the time they decided to take the deal. By the time they decided, they did not give themselves enough time to send the signed documents back to beat the 2 o’clock deadline.”

The contract deadline snafu happened before, to former Denver Nuggets guard Anthony Carter.

In 2003, Carter’s contract with the Miami Heat was set to expire unless he agreed to a $4.1 million salary option. But Carter’s agent missed getting a signed contract to the Heat before the NBA’s deadline. So Carter was released by the Heat. Just like Dumervil and the Broncos.

In Carter’s case, the agent, Bill Duffy, screwed up and he felt bad about it. So Duffy paid Carter the $4 million difference out of his own pocket.

(( LINK ))  Here’s a Denver Post story where Carter says of Duffy: “”It just meant that he was a stand-up guy.”

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/03/15/elvis-dumervil-contract-snafu-is-not-the-first-time-its-happened/18911/

TIMELINE OUTLINED & DISCUSSION

VERY EASY READ in series of tweets , below ones are  just examples

Note Broncos sent contract Via e-mail, Only agent used a fax

are many more tweets and a story beside tweets below

some of Mike Klis perspective:

New contract emailed to Magid 1:31. He got it at 1:32. Magid said a number was wrong. Broncos fixed it, sent back  

11:13 PM - 15 Mar 13  MOUNTAIN TIME 

Broncos emailed fixed number to Magid at 1:40. He said he got it at 1:42. Magid scanned, printed, reviewed signed sent to Elvis.

Magid in Philly; Elvis in Miami, Broncos in Denver. Elvis signed, faxed at 1:53, according to Magid. Broncos say it didn't show up til 2:06 11:16 PM - 15 Mar 13

Elway: "didn’t change from 11 oclock, or 1 o’clock Eastern to the time they decided to take the deal. By the time they decided they did not

Elway: give themselves enough time to send the signed documents back to beat the 2 o’clock deadline.’’

Here is what Cecil Lammey has tweeted in the last few minutes:

Elway "We were assured that the signed documents would be submitted to us before the league’s waiver deadline."
  •  

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/3/15/4110284/elvis-dumervil-he-said-she-said-denver-broncos

jubilation spanned the breadth of Broncos Country as we were told that he had made the decision to stay.

But before the mirth could encircle the globe, mere minutes elapsing, a resounding moan began upon learning that Doom's Agent, Marty Magid failed to get the signed document sent to the NFL Office in New York City.

At that point, all heck broke loose.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/3/15/4110160/2013-broncos-free-agency-march-15th-doomsday-in-denver

Who will replace Dumervil? Or will Elvis "Re-Enter" the building?

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/3/15/4110800/2013-nfl-free-agency-whats-next-for-the-broncos

DRAFT IMPLICATIONS

article much longer than the below

If the issue is resolved and Dumervil remains with the team, then the entire defensive line becomes a secondary need on draft weekend.  If not, then pass rusher vaults near the top of the Broncos' needs in late April -- which would remain the case even if they use free agency to fill that potential vacancy.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Dumervil-Situation-Affects-D-Line-Plans/0b549cab-292f-46ad-85da-81ca9b6053df

I was wrong apparently Abrham did agree and signed with Pats, yesterday said i couldnt verify it

But Pats still say interested in Doom i have read, sorry lost link

HOWEVER

However, two sources close to the situation said Dumervil wants to get his paperwork fiasco fixed and return to the Broncos.

Read Series of articles in , about 6 stories in 3 comments posted at start of my topic

Dumerivl Deadline Debacle has precedent: Terrell Owens; Will DeMaurice Smith step in for Elvis Dumervil as Gene Upshaw did for T.O?

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/16576-dumerivl-deadline-debacle-has-precedent-terrell-owens-will-demaurice-smith-step-in-for-elvis-dumervil-as-gene-upshaw-did-for-to/

Hysterical if Pats get Doom. I love Abraham signing though but it would totally hurt Denver if Pats got Doom. Much more then them getting the 6mil slot man.

now i hear abraham hasnt signed with pats and Pats interested in Doom

chheck outb # 9 , Doom now # 1 free agent , Freeney is 6, osi 8, abraham 9

signed free agents in red , these three arent

Fact that site updated for doom means would have updated if abraham signed earlier with pats

What a mess and Broncos draw short straw no matter how u look at it, cjhnages cap, changes draft, Broncos could of lookerd at RB 1st if wanted , not saying would have, now have to rethink stategy, also could have offered steve jackson more than atlanta gave him

This copuld be a difference of a superbowl worthy D

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2013DE.php

The T.O. situation is a good comparison but I am not sure this is exactly the same. T.O. was trying to void his contract to then sign with the Eagles. Doom was agreeing to a new contract and when the Broncs released him they took the cap hit which cannot be reversed. I don't believe there was anything with the cap with T.O. as he was voiding the contract with the niners. Remember too that the niners tried to trade him to the Ravens as well. That was a fun saga.

Either way this is going to be fun to see play out. What I like best is everyone in Denver looks like bafoons today. lol.

The T.O. situation is a good comparison but I am not sure this is exactly the same. T.O. was trying to void his contract to then sign with the Eagles. Doom was agreeing to a new contract and when the Broncs released him they took the cap hit which cannot be reversed. I don't believe there was anything with the cap with T.O. as he was voiding the contract with the niners. Remember too that the niners tried to trade him to the Ravens as well. That was a fun saga.

Either way this is going to be fun to see play out. What I like best is everyone in Denver looks like bafoons today. lol.

I wouldn't say Everyone in Denver,   but the description does fit the Agent, and a few posters....

Dont think Denver look bad, think agent played games, all entitled to opinion

Got to like how in basketball one the agent gave the player the 4 million he cost him so he could sign, thats being a standup guy

I am leaving , not back for hours  so cant respond , Time with mom, ya Know,, she may have MINOR surgery monday or may have it first set up on Monday so will be gone monday too most of day , NOT HARD PROCEDURE THOUGH WHAT TO DO HAS YET TO BE DECIDED BUT AT AGE 94 ANYTHING is baD, AND ISSUE APPARENTLY HAS BEEN ONGOING ALL YEAR AND LETS SAY COULD OF BEEN HANDLED IN SOME WAYS BETTER BY , SOME OF HER CARETAKERS

kNOW ALL WISH HER WELL

now back to ABRAHAM SIGNING OR NOT

NOW heard conflicting reports some say Abraham did sign with pats some say not signed yet as far a abraham but when do internet serach cant find signings, yet in Denver alternatives he is not listed as a possibility to sign , indicating he is off the market or they have no interest in him, ,  but they always did besides freeney , at this point  II  am bewildered 

BUT ONLY PLACE I SEE IT WRITTEN THAT HE SIGNED WITH Pats IS THE BELOW FROM MILE HIGH REPORT ARTICLE WITCH IS A SISTER PUBLICATION TO STAMPEDE BLUE SO TAKE FROM IT WHAT U WILL

ARTICLE ON  Denver alternatives include 

Dwight Freeney, Osi, SHaun Phillips , the Draft & resign Doom 

HOWEVER UNDER FREENEY article states

Freeney has been widely viewed as the backup plan if they released Dumervil. Freeney spent the day visiting the New England Patriots. So the Broncos do have competition for Freeney. 

The Patriots did sign John Abraham, so they might be out of the DE market, but they have already showed interest in Dumervil.

Freeney who is entering his 12th year in the NFL has totaled 107.5 sacks, and 258 tackles. He would be a drop off in talent and is 33 years old, but would give the Broncos a pass rusher.

SO I AM TOTALLY CONFUSED

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/3/15/4110800/2013-nfl-free-agency-whats-next-for-the-broncos

Hysterical if Pats get Doom. I love Abraham signing though but it would totally hurt Denver if Pats got Doom. Much more then them getting the 6mil slot man.

Elvis Dumervil's agent points finger at Denver Broncos

While the Broncos claim the verbal agreement was reached by 1:25 p.m. MT, Magid alleges that the final contract did not arrive in his hands until 1:42 p.m.

"And we had to review the language, print it, fax it to my client who was waiting by the machine and fax it back," Magid explained to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport.

The Broncos are disputing Magid's account, NFL Network's Michelle Beisner reported. The team also released a statement on the matter.

While Magid maintains that he wasn't provided ample time to review and sign the paperwork, the

Broncos counter

that Dumervil took too long to weigh their offer. The team had imposed a 1 p.m. MT deadline to allow time for the red tape to process. Magid and Dumervil didn't call with their acceptance until 25 minutes past the deadline, according to NFL.com's Albert Breer, thus creating their own time crunch.

Until one side leaks the time-stamped faxes, this could continue to descend into a "he said, she said" battle

"Things happen for a reason," Magid told Rapoport. "Elvis knows his ability. If Denver wants to regroup on a one-year deal, we'll do that. If not, he'll be a free agent."

Asked by The Denver Post if he still will try to re-sign Dumervil, VP of football operations John Elway responded, "We're going to talk about all our options. We're going to let things settle down, see what happens."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151196/article/elvis-dumervils-agent-points-finger-at-denver-broncos

============================================================================

Broncos Counter more

Elvis Dumervil: He Said, She Said

From Now here's the  oficial press realease from John Elway himself: use link  A botton to read all of press realease

“For the last week, Elvis Dumervil and his agent were aware of our desire to change the financial terms of his contract to ensure he would remain a Denver Bronco. After numerous conversations with both Elvis and his representative, we submitted our final contract proposal to Elvis today at 11 a.m. MDT. Based on our previous discussions, we believed our offer was fair and were hopeful it would resolve this matter.

“Due to the procedural elements that were involved in executing the new proposal, we imposed a 1 p.m. MDT deadline for a decision, one hour before the NFL’s waiver wire at 2 p.m. MDT. Our deadline was clearly communicated to Elvis’ representative.

“At 1 p.m. MDT, we were informed by Elvis’ representative that he declined our offer. We then prepared Elvis’ termination notice to officially file his release with the NFL office.

“At approximately 1:25 p.m. MDT, however, we were informed that Elvis changed his mind and accepted the same contract we proposed nearly two-and-a-half hours earlier

Although we expressed our concern regarding the time constraints, we were assured that the signed documents would be submitted to us before the league’s waiver deadline.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YET HE DID ALREADY REVIEW IT ONLY NEEDED A # CHANGE WHICH IS WHAT HE GOT AT @ 1.42

& NOTE BRONCOS SENT VIA E-MAIL< AGENT & DOOM USED FAXES, not Broncos

Broncos final offer made at 11 a.m. Deadline to accept put at 1 pm. Termination papers drawn up shortly thereafter

Dumervil accepted at 1:25. New contract emailed to Magid 1:31. He got it at 1:32. Magid said a number was wrong. Broncos fixed it, sent back

Broncos emailed fixed number to Magid at 1:40. He said he got it at 1:42. Magid scanned, printed, reviewed signed sent to Elvis.

Now Leaving again & hoping something worked out to keep him when get back ,

darn Attendant nurse didnt tell me MOM needs  more non allergic adhesive bandages so had to come back as was using ones already causing a rash, u have to be on top of everyone

Dumervil might get a 1 yr. contract for $3-4 mil. somewhere else (maybe with a rival just to spite the Broncos) and once 2014 hits, he will be 30 and find out what a mistake it was for him to lose money in the long run. He can get instant gratification along with his agent if he was in on it for the short term. But in the long term, he is losing money and he will regret it later.

Dumervil might get a 1 yr. contract for $3-4 mil. somewhere else (maybe with a rival just to spite the Broncos) and once 2014 hits, he will be 30 and find out what a mistake it was for him to lose money in the long run. He can get instant gratification along with his agent if he was in on it for the short term. But in the long term, he is losing money and he will regret it later.

DOOM's AGENT AGAIN CHANGES STORY

unless I missed this earlier

NOW language changed 1 hr before deadline 

Magid said the Broncos changed the language regarding Dumervil's 2014 salary, withdrawing a full guarantee on the deal an hour before the deadline,((   that would be 1 pm mTN Time )) and that he didn't receive the actual contract until 3:42 ET

"They changed the deal, and my client needed time to digest it," Magid said, "I needed to read over the language, and then get it to him, and, because they changed the terms, Elvis, obviously, would want to read it before signing it.

"Elvis has a timestamp at 3:53, 3:54 of him faxing it back. They had him fax it to two different numbers

Magid said Dumervil took pictures, with a time stamp, of the fax being sent prior to 4 p.m. The Broncos said they did not receive the fax until 4:06 p.m. Magid said he and Dumervil had no control over how long it took and he did not know what time it reached Denver.

NOTE agent never mentions that 1 hr before deadline they told Broncos no and then changed mind and called back 25 minutes past 1 PM deadline given by Denver, if not for that fax or no fax it would of got there in plenty of time

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/21885765/dumervils-agent-disputes-some-of-denvers-timeline-of-events

STATEMENT FROM DENVER BRONCOS EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT OF FOOTBALL OPERATIONS JOHN ELWAY:

EXCERPTS

((  as I previously noted )) Elway says  we submitted our final contract proposal to Elvis today at 11 a.m. MDT .( ( directly refuting that the language had changed to me at least ))

Based on our previous discussions, we believed our offer was fair and were hopeful it would resolve this matter.“Due to the procedural elements that were involved in executing the new proposal, we imposed a 1 p.m. MDT deadline for a decision, one hour before the NFL’s waiver wire at 2 p.m. MDT. Our deadline was clearly communicated to Elvis’ representative.

“At 1 p.m. MDT, we were informed by Elvis’ representative that he declined our offer. We then prepared Elvis’ termination notice to officially file his release with the NFL office.

“At approximately 1:25 p.m. MDT, however, we were informed that Elvis changed his mind and accepted the same contract we proposed nearly two-and-a-half hours earlier. Although we expressed our concern regarding the time constraints, we were assured that the signed documents would be submitted to us before the league’s waiver deadline.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Statement-from-Elway-on-Dumervil/020fdc76-b358-488b-a9d1-2de642fc3b80

NFLPA's DeMaurice Smith looks at Dumervil's Broncos dealings

DeMaurice Smith, executive director of the NFL Players Association, has asked for an inquiry into the tardy exchange of contract documents that led the Broncos to release defensive end Elvis Dumervil.

The union has retained lawyers to look into possible remedies.

There is history of the union coming through for a player in such an instance. A paperwork gaffe occurred to Terrell Owens in 2004 and the league and NFLPA wound up allowing T.O. to have his way.

In 2004, Owens voided the final three years of his contract with the San Francisco 49ers, a move that was to make the receiver a free agent. However, Owens' agent, David Joseph, didn't file the paperwork in time and the league ruled Owens remained 49ers property.

(( I gave details on this before and more are in full article  using link but basically Gene Upshaw got TO his free agency as he wanted ))

Meanwhile, Dumervil is a free agent.

"I've been fielding calls from other teams," said Marty Magid, Dumervil's agent. "It looks like he'll be taking visits after the GMs get back from the owners' meetings."

NFL owners, top executives and head coaches will gather in Scottsdale, Ariz, for the NFL meetings Sunday through Wednesday.

Read more:NFLPA's DeMaurice Smith looks at Dumervil's Broncos dealings - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22806157/nflpas-demaurice-smith-looks-at-dumervils-broncos-dealings#ixzz2NjECNNtf

Let's hope this works out for the Broncos and Dumervil.

yes indeed, to bad the agent wont admit any honest mistake, pay doom his 4 million due, so he can sign this year for less ike I noted an agent did for an NBA player when he error-ed the same way, see 3rds story in comment # 88 , basically this

IN THE NBA

The contract deadline snafu happened before, to former Denver Nuggets guard Anthony Carter.

In 2003, Carter’s contract with the Miami Heat was set to expire unless he agreed to a $4.1 million salary option.

But Carter’s agent missed getting a signed contract to the Heat before the NBA’s deadline

. So Carter was released by the Heat. Just like Dumervil and the Broncos.

In Carter’s case, the agent, Bill Duffy, screwed up and he felt bad about it. So Duffy paid Carter the $4 million difference out of his own pocket.

(( LINK ))  Here’s a Denver Post story where Carter says of Duffy: “”It just meant that he was a stand-up guy.”

http://blogs.denverp...happened/18911/

Wading Through The Magrid Mud

interesting article and rebuffs Madrids claim of fielding many calls but explains why this may end up just being something for futures guidance & not actionable now for a myriad of reasons even if AGENT totally at fault 

& yes its from mile high report and does use tweets of varying people besides authors opinion-ed story

& make sure u click on Florio's article link too, though I am not a fan of him, it   proves interesting, as are comments to jis article with prior examples of overturning things though florio thinks it wont be

heres 2 cooments to florios 

Several years ago, Carl and Kevin Poston faced NFLPA discipline after failing to read the final version of a contract signed by linebacker LaVar Arrington while racing to beat a deadline for getting the deal done.

this one I love if true & never saw  before though I did read stories of broken fax machines so mayber the below was needed

The Broncos are not using a fax machine. If you have read all of the stories you would see that Dumervil and his agent had no other way to get it to the Broncos so they had to go to FedEx store to get the fax out

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/3/16/4112950/horse-whisperings-wading-through-the-magrid-mud-denver-broncos-elvis-dumervil

Let's hope this works out for the Broncos and Dumervil.

PRISCO ON THIS

Elvis Dumervil might now get a new home.

This was a laughable situation, and it never should have happened.

Or was the agent playing a game, and he didn't get away with it?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/pete-prisco/21885468/free-agent-musings-where-does-dumervil-end-up-after-the-snafu-

Clayton Video

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9059299&categoryid=2378529

NFLPA

I think the key to Smith’s involvement is time. The Broncos and Dumervil cannot afford to wait an extended time for a ruling. The Broncos have to figure out who is going to be their second pass-rusher, and Dumervil has to get a job. Time is an issue.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/56182/nflpa-involved-in-dumervil-case

5 teams for Doomeveril noted

So what next for the defensive end? We see five potential landing spots:

Back to the Broncos: Denver is still in play to re-sign Dumervil. The Broncos had no interest in paying him $12 million per year, but most teams aren't going to venture anywhere close to the $8 million per year Dumervil was being offered as part of his revised one-year pact. The sticking point here is greenbacks. The Broncos are saddled with Dumervil's $4.8 million salary-cap hit after a shopping spree that netted Wes Welker, among others. Realistically, it might be best for both sides to move on.

New England Patriots: It seems too obvious, but this would amount to a Bill Belichick masterstroke for the veteran coach. Snatching up Dumervil addresses the team's queasy pass-rush situation and lands a body blow to the Broncos on the heels of the Welker defection.

Miami Dolphins:   Tampa Bay Buccaneers:    Buffalo Bills:

When it comes to the money, all five of these teams could craft a contract for Dumervil if the desire is there -- and the fax machine is plugged in.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151273/article/elvis-dumervil-five-potential-nfl-landing-spots

The Baltimore Sun reports free agent Elvis Dumervil is "firmly" on the Ravens' radar and they intend to meet with him next week.

Dumervil, cut Friday in a fax snafu, is the top free agent left on the 2013 market. Dumervil played 3-4 outside linebacker for Josh McDaniels in 2009 and led the NFL with 17 sacks, also forcing four fumbles en route to first-team All-Pro honors. After "losing" Dannell Ellerbe to the Dolphins at a price GM Ozzie Newsome never would have paid, Baltimore has some cap space to play with. Dumervil could be an upgrade on Paul Kruger opposite Terrell Suggs.

The Baltimore Sun reports free agent Elvis Dumervil is "firmly" on the Ravens' radar and they intend to meet with him next week.

Dumervil, cut Friday in a fax snafu, is the top free agent left on the 2013 market. Dumervil played 3-4 outside linebacker for Josh McDaniels in 2009 and led the NFL with 17 sacks, also forcing four fumbles en route to first-team All-Pro honors. After "losing" Dannell Ellerbe to the Dolphins at a price GM Ozzie Newsome never would have paid, Baltimore has some cap space to play with. Dumervil could be an upgrade on Paul Kruger opposite Terrell Suggs.

Take that Elway

he said she said after agent firing on if doom stays a bronco

Vic Lombardi of CBS Denver, the Broncos and Dumervil believe a deal can get done to get past this situation and keep Elvis in Denver.

Lets hope something can get done so this situation that has cast a shadow on what was a fantastic free agent haul for the Broncos this off-season can be fixed.

Other reports have said numerous teams have called about Dumervil's services including the Ravens who hope to meet with him next week.

However, according to Gary Miller of CBS Denver it may be over with Elvis:

An NFL source just told me the Broncos are moving on without Elvis Dumervil.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/3/16/4113406/elvis-dumervil-fires-agent

Tom Condon, hmmm...do I see a Peyton restructure in the makings then?

Interesting thought Chad, Would be nice, Must act  fast though, time is an issue,,Broncos need to decide what to do at that position & options decreasing,  Maybe restructure and get him & Freeney

Meanwhile, Condon is so well known he may simply have asked if Peyton minds if he too is represented by  him with current situation

If PM wants a SB, really need to keep him and not let him go  as any replacement will weaken team & u dont want him going to any contender especially or someone in your division let alone afc like  Pats for example & sure Peyton rather not be sacked by him

Also if he leaves it throws off draft strategy needs, alot is riding on this

Maybe Peyton can donate a pizza store to him for staying ( lol )

Tom Condon will be representing him now.

Peyton's agent. I'm sure that'll have leverage.

Posted by Mike Florio on March 16, 2013, 9:07 PM EDT 
AP

With Broncos defensive end Elvis Dumervil firing his agent in the hopes of finding a way to get back on the Denver roster, it is now widely believed in league circles that Dumervil will hire CAA   (( & DID_ PEYTONS TOM CONDON AS U NOTED )) to preside over the effort to fix the situation with the team that terminated his contract on Friday.

Potentially complicating the situation is the fact that CAA also represents Dwight Freeney and Osi Umenyioria, two other veteran defensive ends who have been looking for work in a soft market.

The Broncos had been linked to both Freeney and Umenyiora as possible replacements for Dumervil, if Dumervil had refused a pay cut and forced his release in a more conventional way.  Indeed, Broncos quarterback (and CAA client) Peyton Manning has recruited Freeney to become a Bronco.

If Dumervil hires CAA and if Freeney wants to go to Denver and Dumervil wants to stay there, one of CAA’s clients will end up being disappointed. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/16/dumervil-is-expected-to-hire-caa/

wow its true Doom had to use kinkos/ which is fedex  to fax the paperwork

I wonder if he waited in line for the  6 minutes and 1 second that it came in late 

held up in a fax machine between Miami,  where Dumervil was positioned at Kinko's,  and then onto Brocos HQ

Read more:Elvis Dumervil switching agents after contract snafu - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22807068/elvis-dumervil-switching-agents-after-contract-snafu?source=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dp-sports-broncos+%28Denver+Post%3A+Sports%3A+Broncos%29#ixzz2NoSjNxgR

Tom Condon, hmmm...do I see a Peyton restructure in the makings then?

Tom Condon will be representing him now.

Peyton's agent. I'm sure that'll have leverage.

ROFL Dumervil just fired his agent! :lol: Oh man, good for him! Got what was coming to him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dumervil-dumps-agent-other-teams-010118513--nfl.html

It's one of those things where we an guess what happened, and there is a lot of finger-pointing going on. Who know, we may never have all the fax... okay, I'm done

I wouldn't say Everyone in Denver,   but the description does fit the Agent, and a few posters....