Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Never Thought I Would Say This...

presto123

its all very good, but it is to dayum early to think about the first draft-pick overall after 2 games...

I agree on that we are not making the playoffs this year, but to shoot us last.. I dont think thats gonna happen! I sure as heck hope not!!!!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its all very good, but it is to dayum early to think about the first draft-pick overall after 2 games...

I agree on that we are not making the playoffs this year, but to shoot us last.. I dont think thats gonna happen! I sure as heck hope not!!!!

Have you watched these guys play? Seriously, unless a miracle happens, this team will be battling KC and Seattle for last place. I feel like its the mid '80's all over again.

I feel happy that I'm a football fan before I'm a Colts fan. I know many people here are the types that only watch Colts games, they don't watch other games, ever. Total homers that only call themselves Colts fans because it's what everyone else is doing, or, its just fun to root for the home team 'GO local sporting event pride YAY'. I enjoy NFL football, the strategy...the game.

This place.....argh, disgusting some of you. Everyone has a differing opinion and I see many of y'all turning on each other, name calling and insults, emotions out of control. I may be avoiding this place for the most part, with minimal participation, because people are getting down right nasty.

I can guarantee you Luck is NOT Vince Young. Luck is a very skilled QB that is incredibly smart and lives in the film room just like Manning did. Does that guarantee he'll be a great? No, but I assure you he will be nothing like VY.

Manning will play until he's 40. Our needs are many. New coaching might be needed to change our little defense? But running the football is a must. Living on the past with peyton is over. Here is a thought. Hillis(clev) fullback, Reggie Bush at tailback. How would you like Peyton(QB) and those two backs?

I feel happy that I'm a football fan before I'm a Colts fan. I know many people here are the types that only watch Colts games, they don't watch other games, ever. Total homers that only call themselves Colts fans because it's what everyone else is doing, or, its just fun to root for the home team 'GO local sporting event pride YAY'. I enjoy NFL football, the strategy...the game.

This place.....argh, disgusting some of you. Everyone has a differing opinion and I see many of y'all turning on each other, name calling and insults, emotions out of control. I may be avoiding this place for the most part, with minimal participation, because people are getting down right nasty.

lol times like that you just gotta ignore them mate

Wow, watching the disintegration of these boards this season has been really sad. I've come here for years because there's good discussion of FOOTBALL - lots of people with great insights and observations. Often some of the most clear-headed and non-homerish discussions have happened here and I've really enjoyed participating.

To those that can only lament how awful the team is and how there's not a single good thing about it and "we might as well lose all our games to get first choice" maybe just refrain from posting? You're just succeeding in spreading your depression around and not accomplishing anything helpful at all. Yes, you have a right to post, but do you need to? Do we need ANOTHER "the sky is falling" post? Really?!!!

I can't comment on yesterday's game because I didn't get a chance to watch it yet, but I'm not going to be surprised that lots of weak areas show up. When you take a spark plug out of the engine, it doesn't perform very well, but it will run. When you take the distributor cap off it doesn't function at all - PM is the distributor cap. This team is going to have to figure out how to create some sparks without him this year. That's going to take some time to work out.

If we get the 1st pick, I'd take Luck in a heartbeat. If we could trade the pick for 3 or so 1sts and we could get Barron, Kirkpatrick and Potter.

We have a pretty big need at NT too though and that might have to be addressed before 1 of the guys you listed. I love Barron but I was checking out safeties again last night and it looked like there are going to be several talented players in the 2nd-3rd rounds. So how about Kirkpatrick, Potter and either Alameda Ta'amu or Josh Chapman (also Alabama)...or we could go Chapman, Barron and Kirkpatrick and change our names to the Indianapolis Crimson colts lol

When you take the distributor cap off it doesn't function at all - PM is the distributor cap. This team is going to have to figure out how to create some sparks without him this year. That's going to take some time to work out.

It is easier to say that when you have Billy Volek who has been with you for years and can win more games than a handicapped Kerry Collins, handicapped because of the short time and bad spot he was put in. For some reason, we were all expecting 2008 game management qualities from Kerry Collins. Unfortunately, Chris Johnson or a Jim Washburn led D-line with a hungry and willing Haynesworth are luxuries we do not have at our disposal :(.

Kerry Collins used to have a positive record vs the Colts and used to be called the Colts-killer or something like that due to his one-sided record in his favor vs the Colts. He had beaten us as a Panther, as a Giant, and then as a Titan too till his losses in 2009 & 2010. Now, he is beating us by being a Colt as well :).

If we can get to 1-3...we actually do have a shot by winning the remaining 5 Division games, beating Carolina, Kansas City, Carolina,

..also we need a win at Baltimore (1-1) on Dec. 11..

We'd need Manning to get that last one..but that gives us 10-6 and the tie-breaker against Houston.

(Yeah, I know it seems a long shot right now) Dont give up yet.

Yea i am hoping for this scenario as well. We need a surprise victory at Pittsburg badly

I know a lot of you are bashing people who want Luck because it serves no immediate help to this team. However, I havent heard anyone talk about the possibility of trading Manning after the 2012 season, thus giving Luck a year to learn under Peyton and I do believe Luck would be a good QB when he would start for us in 2013.

I know trading Manning is a foreign language to some, but if we are going to get something back in a trade, instead of trading the #1 pick for other multiple picks, why not trade Manning after teaching Luck for a year? We could still get at least a 1st round pick for him and we still have in possesion our franchise QB in Luck for the next 15 years.

My opinion is that I would rather trade an aging QB than a promising QB who will last another 15 years. And even though Peyton is aging, I do think he would command a 1st rounder from someone.

Of course this talk is all assuming we get the 1st overall pick. If not I say we draft LT Matt Kalil, a sure thing to make this OL so much better and rid us of Link.

Yea i am hoping for this scenario as well. We need a surprise victory at Pittsburg badly

Guys the Steelers game is here. I've lots of people saying at Pittsburgh talking about this game coming up. We are at home on Sunday Night Football. The whole world is going to get to see us miss Peyton Manning :)

I know a lot of you are bashing people who want Luck because it serves no immediate help to this team. However, I havent heard anyone talk about the possibility of trading Manning after the 2012 season, thus giving Luck a year to learn under Peyton and I do believe Luck would be a good QB when he would start for us in 2013.

Would the Colts fan base have stood still for that? Very unlikely. In hindsight I wish that the Bolts would have traded away LT and kept Micheal Turner, but at the time I would have joined the lynch mob if the Bolts leadership had done such a thing.