Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

article about the Ravens players/Pagano

Jules

Might be a tad late but I just read this and loved to read these things. Go Chuck!!! Seems so many love this man and it's amazing and great to hear that the Ravens used his speech to inspire themselves too.

From before the playoff game......

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Prepare-To-Battle-Friend-Chuck-Pagano/7eedef44-a7a6-4a49-bd84-1e3b47864ea2

Pagano’s cancer rocked the Ravens when they first heard the news. They continued to follow his progress, texting and talking with him directly and through his recovery.

Pagano’s locker room speech after a win over the Dolphins on Nov. 4, the first game Pagano was able to watch live, was used as a motivational video for the Ravens.

All the Ravens defensive linemen shaved their beards, and defensive tackle Art Jones shaved his entire head as a show of support for Pagano. They’ve been supporting the “CHUCKSTRONG” campaign on Twitter and in [add] interviews.

“I’m so happy for Chuck,” outside linebacker Paul Krugericon-article-link.gif said. “It’s a terrible thing he had to go through. He’s a strong guy and I have a lot of love for that man.”

Players raved about Pagano last year in his first and only season leading the defense. He was a secondary coach in Baltimore for three years before becoming the coordinator.

Pagano was enthusiastic and brash, not only with his words but with his play calling.

“I love that guy,” Jones said. “The passion that he has for the game is unbelievable.”

“He’s like a dad to me,” said safety Ed Reedicon-article-link.gif, who originally met Pagano when he recruited him to go to the University of Miami. “That’s family, which is first before football.”

But football is the pressing issue now.

Reed said he would have rather faced Pagano in the AFC championship, when either he or the Ravens would be going to the Super Bowl. But while they didn’t see each other in the regular season, they landed toe to toe as soon as they possibly could.

“Chuck’s not going to be on the field, which is a good thing,” Kruger said with a chuckle. “We have a lot of love for that guy, but it’s not going to change our attitude going into the game.”

The most valuable skill a coach can have is the ability to inspire and bring groups of men together in a way that is deeper and longer lasting than just the game. Coach Pagano has this quality in spades and it showed when he came here and made a 2-14 team believe in themselves and their teammates... I don't know how many times I've given the F.O. props for hiring Chuck, but here's more... a really fantastic hire... There is no doubt in my mind that our guys are going to show up ready to play come next season's opener...

I think we'll go after Kruger for sure. We obviously need a replacement for Freeney, and Kruger seems like a good fit. I just hope we don't break the bank for him.

I hear Reed has interest playing on the Pats. I'm not sure if Reed would be a good pick up or not. Ball Hawk for sure, but age/injuries are a concern. I'm conflicted.

I know I'm not interested in having half of Baltimore's roster on the Colts though.

The most valuable skill a coach can have is the ability to inspire and bring groups of men together in a way that is deeper and longer lasting than just the game. Coach Pagano has this quality in spades and it showed when he came here and made a 2-14 team believe in themselves and their teammates... I don't know how many times I've given the F.O. props for hiring Chuck, but here's more... a really fantastic hire... There is no doubt in my mind that our guys are going to show up ready to play come next season's opener...

I agree 100 percent..You gotta love a coach who's actions both on and off the field inspire others to do the right thing...Coach Pagano leads by example, and I think that's a large part of his appeal to his players. Just goes to show you that the Colts front office made the right choice for our Head Coach.