Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade next Year?

GoColtsGo5150

ok I'll play along...if there's going to be a "big trade" then I'll predict it would be for either an offensive lineman or a pass rusher.  Not going to even begin to speculate what player though since we've yet to have the draft or FA period.

ok I'll play along...if there's going to be a "big trade" then I'll predict it would be for either an offensive lineman or a pass rusher.  Not going to even begin to speculate what player though since we've yet to have the draft or FA period.

Right. Probably during camp if they see a glaring weakness.

Okay, since this is causing some problems, I think we should assume that it has to been someone who isn't from the draft but also someone who isn't set to be a free agent. Given the choice, I would trade for Mike Iupati- crazy yes but he would be a beast on our O-line

and cost us a 1st rounder and then some in the process although in may very well be worth it

Okay, since this is causing some problems, I think we should assume that it has to been someone who isn't from the draft but also someone who isn't set to be a free agent. Given the choice, I would trade for Mike Iupati- crazy yes but he would be a beast on our O-line

Oh my...

I doubt it.  We made the trade because we had a HUGE hole at corner and really had no money to address it and they didn't get it addressed in the draft.  With 40 million to spend this year I don't think the Colts are going to run into that problem again.  I think they will be able to address their needs between the draft and free agency that they wont have to make a trade to address it.  You don't want to make a habit of trading away your high draft picks.  One here or there you can live with but if you do it too often and it will catch up to you sooner or later. 

I'll play along.

Harvin refuses to play with Ponder next year and forces the Vikings hand due it being his last season there and is traded to Indy for a 1st and conditional pick. (Assuming Grigson can work something out long term once he's here.)

Highly doubt this happens, just for the record. But this is a dreamy thread if I am not mistaken.