Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Randy Moss

IndyTrav

Well, if you could start a team, and you could choose any player from any era, at any position, I'm sure that Moss would be one of the receivers. Of course, he'd be teamed up with Jerry Rice, but it would be hard to choose one over the other. They have different skill sets that set them apart.

Me personally. I'm a Moss guy.

If I could have Randy skill With Jerry's ethic you'd have the perfect weapon.

Jerry played in a rougher era, but also had Montana/Young/Gannon. As well as Walsh.

Randy is the common denominator on 2 of the highest scoring offenses of all time....Randy had 2yrs of Brady/Belicheck, then nothing.

Jerry has the raw #s, but also a huge lead in games.

On a per game avg.

Jerry= 5.1rec/75.5yds/.65TD

Moss= 4.5rec/70.1yds/.71TD

I wouldn't call Randy Moss the GOAT, but I love the confidence in his abilities & he still has great jumping ability & a tremendous wing span to grab the ball out of the air. As a Minnesota Vikings rookie WR with Cris Carter. "In 1998, Moss helped the Vikings to become the number one-ranked offense, scoring a then-NFL record 556 points." The man still has incredible skills to beat his man in clutch playoff/SB situations IMO.

Jerry Rice is still the GOAT; He sucks as an ESPN NFL analyst though. I don't get it. How can such a gifted HOF 49ers WR be just awful at dissecting film? Strange to me...

• Yeah Right! Is this the same Randy Moss that simulated taking his pants off and shaking his butt at the Packer Fans in Green Bay? Moss was one of the greats but being a long ball threat is no comparison to the greatest after the catch reciever. Both had great Q'splacing the balls exactly where there were but Rice is the king. Show us the list of sports writers that would even dare to agree with Moss. I know of only one athlete that claimed to be the greatest and all things considered in and out of the ring, Ali was in fact "the greatest ". 

LOL Moss is ONE in many in that category. Jerry Rice is one of the top 3 best players to ever play the game regardless of position. Sorry Randy but put your numbers up to his, and not to mention Rice's work ethic, you are not even close. When Rice had guys like Grbac and Steve Bono throwing to him, he still put 100% effort to catch the ball. I'm sure many people that lived that era can tell you that when Young went down, those other guys at QB were just scrubs for back ups after they got off that 49ers team.

I can't forget Moss too easy when he was in Oakland and the year he went from NE to Minnesota to Tennessee. He did not even try to catch those balls Favre was airing out to him half the time. When Moss is on a good team, he tries, when he's not, he don't want to do nothing.

And for the fact, he's not even the best receiver on the 49ers. He is just there for the ride, and everyone knows that. Crabtree has played a far bigger role than him. I think Moss is a #3 or #4 receiver, he's not even a starter on that team. He's a third option.

Best? Hard to say that. Rice has a very solid inside track on that title.

Most impactful? That's probably more of a possibility. As good as Jerry Rice was, Moss probably did more to make opposing defenses plan to shut him down.

It can't just be about stats and production. If so, then Brett Favre is the greatest quarterback to ever play the game, and I'm not sure any of us would agree with THAT one. ;)

Moss is the most Physically talented WR, perhaps player, to ever play the game.

But he didnt have the drive and work ethic Rice had and thats what ultimately makes Rice the GOAT to me. Rice was also super talented and worked harder than probably anyone else on the field and thats why he has records that may not fall for a long long long time....even in a passing oriented modern NFL.