Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Most Of You Are Spoiled

ArmyRecon

I cant belive some of you guys...im in no way happy with the loss or the way we played...but some of you are running down the whole organization from irsay down to the gatorade guy(ok so I embellish a lil)...you guys are writing off the whole season after just one game...its obivious this is may be some if you guys first bad season...should have been here in 91 and 97 now they were bad season and those were two really inept coaching staffs...its the first week...chill out instead of crying and moaning focus on cleveland..dont give up on "our" team so quick

I cant belive some of you guys...im in no way happy with the loss or the way we played...but some of you are running down the whole organization from irsay down to the gatorade guy(ok so I embellish a lil)...you guys are writing off the whole season after just one game...its obivious this is may be some if you guys first bad season...should have been here in 91 and 97 now they were bad season and those were two really inept coaching staffs...its the first week...chill out instead of crying and moaning focus on cleveland..dont give up on "our" team so quick

Your use of the word "most" is arrogant.

Whatever dude..."some if you are spoiled"..there u go..

Thank you. Not that I disagree with your premise, I just thought that steppin in here essentially saying "Most of you suck" was not going to go over well to say the least.

As words are all we have in this format, perhaps choosing them more carefully would be prudent.

As to the OP;

We do have many fans that didn't wear the blue until Manning had us on course for a championship, many others didn't join up until the Lombardi came strutting through downtown in our frozen parade. So yes, their exposure was viewed through a faulty prism that saw fandom as synonymous with championships.

Yea, we got spoiled fans. All good teams do. They are about to be forced to either earn their fandom through strife, or show their true colors by jumping ship and buying a Patriots hat.

What many "spoiled" fans need to understand is out of all the Manning led playoff appearances, the many division championships, the two conference championships and the NFL championship is that it was far more exciting to watch the 95 Colts fall one dropped pass short of a Super Bowl appearance. That it is actually far more rewarding as a fan to stick by your club through strife to see them accomplish that which no one thought they could.

If somehow we right this ship and actually make the playoffs without Manning, these spoiled fans will learn a lesson about loyalty. Especially those nubs that wrote off and ostracized their own team.

I do not think it has anything to do with loyalty, being spoiled, etc. Calling a spade a spade is not always popular but it is no less true. My #1 issue is with our lack of a good head coach. He pulls players out of a game when we have a perfect season on the line to "protect them" but does not pull them out of a regular season game when we are ahead by several scores with a few minutes left in the game. He has our best cornerback running back punts. He doesn't know when to call a timeout or use a red flag. I could go on and on but the point is he is not a good coach and though I do not know what goes on in practice why should I believe he knows what he is doing preparing for the game when I see during the game he can be clueless?

Again, next Sunday will give us a much better picture. I didn't expect much at Houston but do expect much more for the home opener against a mediocre team.

No it's not after just one game. Many on here have pointed out for years what was happening to this team. Alot of people didn't think Caldwell was qualified to be a head coach :hello: .

Alot of people didn't like the fact that our special teams have been nonexistent for years. Alot of people didn't like the fact that we have dared teams to run at our d because Manning could catch up.Alot of people didn't like how the FO has rested upon Manning to carry this team. All these things that people predicted would happen is happening.

I don't think anyone that is complaining now about what they have complained about for years, is a fair weather fan. I've said it before and i'll say it again, anyone who says they are a Colt's fan first and a Manning fan second, haven't been paying attention. Bet they are now!!!! :beg:

No doubt some colts fans are spoiled, but there are gaping holes that have never been fixed for the past 14yrs... what are they? colts cant stop the run, they cant tackle... in the past recent years? special teams, no running game..... colts cant stop the run. The colts dont have peyton to cover up the defenses problems and now they are in the spotlight to hold up their side of the ball, i think they will do that with time but not with freeney and mathis and foster staying in on rundowns... the coaches need to fix that... if anyone can remember when the colts played dawson and foster in the middle O_o and they blamed it on gap assignments? lol who does that... the colts have better DT's this season, they just need to put them in the position to make plays- thats a coaches job and if he isnt doing that then he needs to be fired.

I have been there for the loosing teams in Baltimore as well as Indy. I am loyal and really do believe we can beat the browns this week. But we have to turn things around fast and I mean fast. I know its only one game and yes things snowballed on us and yes we lost down there with Peyton last year, I am not big fans of our offensive and defensive coordinators. Look at it Clyde has never ran an offense , it was Peyton running and calling the plays and as far as defense we need to do away with our scheme, it isn't working and the bend but don;t break ain't working especailly without Peyton. We have talented players but until we can win agame with our defense its going to be a long year .Even with Peyton we all were saying I hope we get the ball last . Tell me you haven't said that more than once . I bleed blue and will pull for them just like I did when I was saying in the lean years I hope we win a game. This season will show us we need new coaches and new system on defense. Go Colts

No doubt some colts fans are spoiled, but there are gaping holes that have never been fixed for the past 14yrs... what are they? colts cant stop the run, they cant tackle... in the past recent years? special teams, no running game..... colts cant stop the run. The colts dont have peyton to cover up the defenses problems and now they are in the spotlight to hold up their side of the ball, i think they will do that with time but not with freeney and mathis and foster staying in on rundowns... the coaches need to fix that... if anyone can remember when the colts played dawson and foster in the middle O_o and they blamed it on gap assignments? lol who does that... the colts have better DT's this season, they just need to put them in the position to make plays- thats a coaches job and if he isnt doing that then he needs to be fired.

I agree, but at the same time it's going to be difficult to get our run stuffers playing against the run and our pass rushers playing only against the pass because teams are going to look at the personnel we put on the field and audible to a play that gives them the best chance for success. That's going to be the one big downside of having guys who excel in one area while being a liability in another.

How do we fix that? Well that's a good question. One thing I think we can do that I mentioned in another thread is to start mixing it up....put 2 pass rushers and 2 run stuffers in at the same time. Instead of a full on pass rush of Mathis/Nevis/Foster/Freeney and a full on run stop group of Anderson/Johnson/Moala/Brayton we should try something like Mathis/Johnson/Foster/Brayton and Anderson/Nevis/Moala/Freeney and of course mix in Hughes and Foster where possible. However IMO Foster should be permanently moved to DE and never play another down at DT but that's just my opinion. :)

No it's not after just one game. Many on here have pointed out for years what was happening to this team. Alot of people didn't think Caldwell was qualified to be a head coach :hello: .

Alot of people didn't like the fact that our special teams have been nonexistent for years. Alot of people didn't like the fact that we have dared teams to run at our d because Manning could catch up.Alot of people didn't like how the FO has rested upon Manning to carry this team. All these things that people predicted would happen is happening.

I don't think anyone that is complaining now about what they have complained about for years, is a fair weather fan. I've said it before and i'll say it again, anyone who says they are a Colt's fan first and a Manning fan second, haven't been paying attention. Bet they are now!!!! :beg:

Very well said. You can count me as one of those people who have had major problems with the way this team has been built and run. Believe me, Ive been called it all.

zzz...

Did we go from "Bad Thread Week" to "I is more of a fan than you cuz I R teh uber awesome" week?

Golly gee, I wish I could be as cool as some around here... Too bad my head doesn't fit that far up my own rear to ever achieve it... Maybe some day.

:facepalm:

Try turning your head sideways, let me know how it works out. lol

zzz...

Did we go from "Bad Thread Week" to "I is more of a fan than you cuz I R teh uber awesome" week?

Golly gee, I wish I could be as cool as some around here... Too bad my head doesn't fit that far up my own rear to ever achieve it... Maybe some day.

:facepalm:

I gots me an idea.

Lets rate each other on a scale from 1-10 (10 being the highest) on our fan rating. That way we know who is, and who is not, a real fan.

I'll rate you John. I'm giving you an 8.

Because I heard you complain at least twice, and complaining is a sure sign that you aren't a complete fan. Now you do me.

I gots me an idea.

Lets rate each other on a scale from 1-10 (10 being the highest) on our fan rating. That way we know who is, and who is not, a real fan.

I'll rate you John. I'm giving you an 8.

Because I heard you complain at least twice, and complaining is a sure sign that you aren't a complete fan. Now you do me.

Simply to add to the complete non-sense and stupidity of this thread.

The only thing that could make this thread suck less is a Brady/Manning debate, and in full hopes of hijacking this idiocy I'll now state officially for the record

:brady: > :manning:

OHNOES! I AM THE ANTI-CHRIST OF COLTS FANS! OH HOW SPOILED AM I?!

Thread20Failed.gif

expecting your team to show effort is not soiled even when the lions went 0-16 they fought hard but lose games in the fouth this is the coaching staff who didnt have the team ready to play

I have to agree with both you and the OP.

While a good amount of people have been spoiled and another sizable amount feels entitled to winning more than one Super Bowl* ( I don't know if it's a Colts vs Pats or Mnning vs Brady thing or what ) and others have this Manning is the martyr and the front office/coaching staff are the evil/incompitant ones who are keeping him from the greatness he deserves attitude. The people who fall into one of these catagories are running wild right now and spewing all sort of nonsense.

However, I think it is 100% legit to criticize the effort, level of preparedness and response that the Colts showed on Sunday. Yes, I know we shouldn't have expected a whole lot from the Offense, but when you factor in all 3 fazes, it was totally deserving of criticism.

Does this game prove "Caldwell Sucks" no, or "none of our needs have been addressed" hardly, but if it becomes the first of several like efforts than we will have a problem. I personally don't think it will and I think as long as KC is at the helm we are/should be a .500 team. But that will take some over achieving to balance Sunday nights under achieving.

* Just for the record I too think we should have more than one tittle, but should is an meaningless word in athletics.

This confirms my suspicions. I am teh superfan.

Simply to add to the complete non-sense and stupidity of this thread.

The only thing that could make this thread suck less is a Brady/Manning debate, and in full hopes of hijacking this idiocy I'll now state officially for the record

Brady is better than Manning because Brady isn't afraid to play this year.

While a good amount of people have been spoiled and another sizable amount feels entitled to winning more than one Super Bowl* ( I don't know if it's a Colts vs Pats or Mnning vs Brady thing or what ) and others have this Manning is the martyr and the front office/coaching staff are the evil/incompitant ones who are keeping him from the greatness he deserves attitude. The people who fall into one of these catagories are running wild right now and spewing all sort of nonsense.

+1 and thank you for bring this thread back on track.

+1 and thank you for bring this thread back on track.

Erm, I'm sorry, but I don't see how it's proper for a mod to be applauding a topic that calls out fans for being fans. The only thing that isn't making this a personal attack thread is the specific naming of names.

We're fans, and that's what matters, no matter what kind of fan you are. It doesn't matter what you think. It doesn't make your man parts any bigger.

We're Colts fans. If you don't like how someone else cheers their team oh well.

Grow up and deal with it. If you want to make others out to be the bad guy for their beliefs and expression of their beliefs go to church. That's what it's made for. But don't bring it here.

Spoiled, optimistic, pessimistic, longtime, new, hardcore, fairwether, whatever kind of fan someone may be, they are a fan. Just because you don't agree with they way they express it doesn't entitle anyone to be a * about it.

Erm, I'm sorry, but I don't see how it's proper for a mod to be applauding a topic that calls out fans for being fans. The only thing that isn't making this a personal attack thread is the specific naming of names.

We're fans, and that's what matters, no matter what kind of fan you are. It doesn't matter what you think. It doesn't make your man parts any bigger.

We're Colts fans. If you don't like how someone else cheers their team oh well.

Grow up and deal with it. If you want to make others out to be the bad guy for their beliefs and expression of their beliefs go to church. That's what it's made for. But don't bring it here.

Spoiled, optimistic, pessimistic, longtime, new, hardcore, fairwether, whatever kind of fan someone may be, they are a fan. Just because you don't agree with they way they express it doesn't entitle anyone to be a * about it.

bear in mind a mod is also a poster with their own opinions and one has to separate the two..just as we have to do.

I am not applauding the topic nor the discussion. I may be a mod but I am a fan of the team. I am not calling anyone out nor telling anyone what to post or not post.

I am saying the op made a topic which was his opinion that he has every right to express. The thread then went a ridiculing direction that was totally off-topic from what was originally posted and totally uncalled for imo.

No one said you have to agree, but bashing someone for making a post is not cool imo.

And I don't go to church . . . thank-you very much for bringing religion into it which of course is against forum rules.

I am not applauding the topic nor the discussion. I may be a mod but I am a fan of the team. I am not calling anyone out nor telling anyone what to post or not post.

I am saying the op made a topic which was his opinion that he has every right to express. The thread then went a ridiculing direction that was totally off-topic from what was originally posted and totally uncalled for imo.

No one said you have to agree, but bashing someone for making a post is not cool imo.

And I don't go to church . . . thank-you very much for bringing religion into it which of course is against forum rules.

I'm no more breaking the rules than this topic is.

14. NO PERSONAL SHOTS: Please realize that this is a community of all types of fans - Please keep your personal judgments regarding other member's football knowledge, typing skills, grammar skills, or intelligence to yourself. Personal shots derail threads and contribute to an overall negative feel to this forum community.

We ask for and expect mutual respect. Personal shots may result in suspension or termination of your membership.

I highlighted the important part. This thread, though it is an opinion expressed, is ridiculing in itself by calling out other fans for the way they support their team, however it may be.

But for the sake of argument, I'll play the game. If I express my opinion that someone is a *, because it is my expressed opinion, it's not against the rules, correct?

In all fairness, the thread title is personally insulting to "most" members. If the thread was titled "Most of you are stupid", it would have been closed by now.

Maybe it is best to either edit the title or just close this insulting back-slap of a thread.

As my first post in this thread eluded to, this thread is a flame war waiting to happen. The premise of this thread is classic flame-baiting.

In all fairness, the thread title is personally insulting to "most" members. If the thread was titled "Most of you are stupid", it would have been closed by now.

Maybe it is best to either edit the title or just close this insulting back-slap of a thread.

As my first post in this thread eluded to, this thread is a flame war waiting to happen. The premise of this thread is classic flame-baiting.

I have to agree. These loyal vs non-loyal threads have been around for years.

imo you're all true fans:)

thus I'll take your cue and close;)