Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ex- Colt Matt Giordano Having A Stellar Game; Still Upset We Got Rid Of Him

Andy

He was such a hard worker. Look at him in the SB, he stopped Clark on 4th down, and he caught up to the fastest guy in the NFL back then Devin Hester. He's one of the hardest working players I've ever seen, and has an incredible work ethic. Tonight, he had an inteception, forced fumble, and 3 tackles (thru the middle of the 4th quarter). I've been saying this for a long time, but I'm ticked we ever got rid of him, he's the perfect backup. He's a good player, and an incredible special teamer. Thoughts on him?

I agree it would have been nice if we could have kept him. I'd still have Bullitt as the starter but Giordano would provide really nice depth.

Another guy I've seen quite a bit that I wish we could/would have kept is Tim Jennings. He's been a starting for the Bears since last year and has played very well in the times I've seen them.

He was such a hard worker. Look at him in the SB, he stopped Clark on 4th down, and he caught up to the fastest guy in the NFL back then Devin Hester. He's one of the hardest working players I've ever seen, and has an incredible work ethic. Tonight, he had an inteception, forced fumble, and 3 tackles (thru the middle of the 4th quarter). I've been saying this for a long time, but I'm ticked we ever got rid of him, he's the perfect backup. He's a good player, and an incredible special teamer. Thoughts on him?

I wouldnt have minded keeping him, he had one good game elsewhere i dont think it will happen on a regular basis.

So you think he is a hard worker?

Tonight, he had an inteception, forced fumble, and 3 tackles (thru the middle of the 4th quarter).

He also had a sack on a safety blitz.

He's the only man in the NFL who can run down Devin Hester on a kickoff return going for a TD....

...as he's watching himself in the jumbotron. I seriously doubt that Giordano would have chased Hester down if Hester hadn't let up once he knew he was home free.

It is funny to read posting after a former player who had a marginal role or performed badly more often than not while here goes to another team and has a few plays that stand out. Giodrano was a ST player and a short time back up because you have to have someone in the game. He was a fast guy but couldn't play the ball in the air so he did not help our scheme (as crappy as it is). Tim Jennings, seriously, the man was the whipping boy of all time on these boards while here. He goes somewhere else and gets a starting role on another team who has a much better talent pool than ours does and they can cover up his negatives better than we could. These guys who left are pieces to a team but hardly anything to shed tears over, were not playmakers and never will they be. Ashley Ambrose, Ray Bucchanon, now those were playmakers we let go years ago. Jason David and players just like that, are not.

He was such a hard worker. He's one of the hardest working players I've ever seen, and has an incredible work ethic.

So you think he is a hard worker?

haha

He was definitely a lunch box kind of guy. Just got his lunch box and went to work, didn't complain, didn't whine, just worked hard.

I'm sensing a theme here. :D

I liked Giordano as well. I remember looking at college video the day we got him which emphasized him racing like a bullet across the field and leveling someone. He had his moments with the Colts as well as others have mentioned. Too bad he wasn't a more complete player, but hard work isn't always enough. It sure doesn't hurt though.

I am curious how you know he is such a hard worker.

I've seen him play. My cousin went to Cal, and so did he, and I've seen the guy just in workouts just doing rep after rep after rep and going at the same speed as the 1st one he did. Also, no one just "catches up" to Devin Hester. That requires hard work, and not too much skill. Remember Ben Watson... You have to force yourself, really really push yourself. The most important piece of info and/or fact is that he never gives up on a play. For example that Hester play, or the Desmond Clark play, where Clark caught the ball and Giordano came in fast and hard and knocked the ball out on 4th down. When I saw him at Cal, first of all he's an extremely nice guy, which is another reason why I'm upset we cut him, but that doesn't make a huge difference. I remember this play very clearly, it was third and 14 or 15, and they were against Washington State, and the game was close like 42 to 37 or 38, and it was late in the game. They decided to do a draw because they had 6 DBs play deep zones, and they caught them off guard. The RB ran to the right and Giordano was playing to the left (as a safety) and came over and made the tackle b4 the RB got the 1st down. They held on and won the game. That's just an example of his work ethic. Also, he's an honour student! Trust me, he's a hard worker!

what was our front office thinking?