Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Home teams with the bye are rolling, except for one

oldunclemark

OldUncleMark, it seems like you are feeling convicted for putting all eggs in the Peyton basket that you seem compelled to start all these threads to convince others that you now think otherwise, I meant the belief that Peyton and the Broncos were actually good enough. That is what it feels like to me!!!

It wont go away, the pain of a loss of a team you are invested in, unless you stop talking about it!!! Just sayin... :)

I feel bad for Peyton too, just not as bad as you, I guess!!!

Often the upset of divisional weekend in recent years seems to have happened in the last game. But, this year it happened in the first game.

Will be interesting to see how the Pats do.

That is because they mostly involve the Chargers or Peyton led teams, based on whether they are at home or on the road.

2005 - Steelers upset Peyton led Colts on Sunday (Peyton)

Pats in 2006 - late Sunday game on the road vs Chargers, upset (Chargers)

2007 upset - Peyton on Sunday, upset (Chargers vs Peyton)

2008 upset - no Pats but Ravens upset Titans, the #1 on Saturday on short week (Ravens, the vet team that travels well, even on a short week)

2009 upset - Jets vs Chargers late Sunday game, upset (Chargers)

2010 upset - the biggest shocker, Pats upset by Jets in late Sunday game (THE SHOCKER OF THIS DECADE)

2011 upset - no upsets on AFC side

2012 upset - Ravens upset Peyton led Broncos, the #1 on Saturday on short week (Peyton)

That is because they mostly involve the Chargers or Peyton led teams, based on whether they are at home or on the road.

2005 - Steelers upset Peyton led Colts on Sunday (Peyton)

Pats in 2006 - late Sunday game on the road vs Chargers, upset (Chargers)

2007 upset - Peyton on Sunday, upset (Chargers vs Peyton)

2008 upset - no Pats but Ravens upset Titans, the #1 on Saturday on short week (Ravens, the vet team that travels well, even on a short week)

2009 upset - Jets vs Chargers late Sunday game, upset (Chargers)

2010 upset - the biggest shocker, Pats upset by Jets in late Sunday game (THE SHOCKER OF THIS DECADE)

2011 upset - no upsets on AFC side

2012 upset - Ravens upset Peyton led Broncos, the #1 on Saturday on short week (Peyton)

LOL that's awful.....

Yeah Jets over Pats. Wowzas. Shocker indeed.......

I don't think Atlanta looked like they were rolling to let Seattle come back and lead like that. I know everyone is ready to crown them but I can't wait till next week. Seattle, you just gave Harbaugh a gift. He is going to absolutely kill that one dimensional offense next week. Matt Ryan will throw 4 interceptions, game over. Roddy White will push off on Whitner and take a beating from those safeties.

I don't think Atlanta looked like they were rolling to let Seattle come back and lead like that. I know everyone is ready to crown them but I can't wait till next week. Seattle, you just gave Harbaugh a gift. He is going to absolutely kill that one dimensional offense next week. Matt Ryan will throw 4 interceptions, game over. Roddy White will push off on Whitner and take a beating from those safeties.

coming from a saints fan :)

OldUncleMark, it seems like you are feeling convicted for putting all eggs in the Peyton basket that you seem compelled to start all these threads to convince others that you now think otherwise, I meant the belief that Peyton and the Broncos were actually good enough. That is what it feels like to me!!!

It wont go away, the pain of a loss of a team you are invested in, unless you stop talking about it!!! Just sayin... :)

I feel bad for Peyton too, just not as bad as you, I guess!!!

Naw......just commenting on what I saw....you have to be honest.

I still think the Broncos are better than Baltimore, dont you?

I wanted to see NE vs. Denver ...but I'm a Colts fan and Denver is Colts-West...we all said that 6 months ago...

My teams were the Colts and Broncos..I said that in August....and it hasn't changed.

I dont mind talking about it.....31 teams lose..and only one wins....

as for you....Mr. C...Its okay to admit you were 'invested' in the Colts and (now, the) Broncos if you are a long time Indy fan, right? Come on..Give it up!!!!

that doenst really bother you, does it?

Having the bye and losing might have a correlation, but I don't think there is any causation.  I don't think Bailey getting beat over and over again or the defense dropping some picks are because of a bye.

I love that, Supe.... correlation and causation.......50 cent words...

Where I come from we say...."dont take trivia and make it a trend"!

Same thing, I guess.

Naw......just commenting on what I saw....you have to be honest.

I still think the Broncos are better than Baltimore, dont you?

I wanted to see NE vs. Denver ...but I'm a Colts fan and Denver is Colts-West...we all said that 6 months ago...

My teams were the Colts and Broncos..I said that in August....and it hasn't changed.

I dont mind talking about it.....31 teams lose..and only one wins....

as for you....Mr. C...Its okay to admit you were 'invested' in the Colts and (now, the) Broncos if you are a long time Indy fan, right? Come on..Give it up!!!!

that doenst really bother you, does it?

No, it doesn't bother me admitting I wanted Peyton to win once the Colts lost, I think I have stated that clearly I wanted Peyton to win.

What does bother me is the incessant nature of talking about Peyton and the Broncos, that is all!!! Thats coming from a Peyton fan.

It gets tiring after a while, IF you are on the other side of the incessant talk, and erodes any little good will folks may have for Peyton and/or the Broncos, IMO. It does not reflect the reality that is being claimed, that it is Colts fan first and Peyton fan next. Just my two cents as to how I view it. To each, his or her own.

No, it doesn't bother me admitting I wanted Peyton to win once the Colts lost, I think I have stated that clearly I wanted Peyton to win.

What does bother me is the incessant nature of talking about Peyton and the Broncos, that is all!!! Thats coming from a Peyton fan.

It gets tiring after a while, IF you are on the other side of the incessant talk, and erodes any little good will folks may have for Peyton and/or the Broncos, IMO.

Tiring. Really?

I love to talk about my teams...

Well...the season is over and it'll die down.....

I promise not to start any threads about Matt Ryan...and Englebert Kaepernick....

You can't say one way or the other, definitively and completely, whether it's better to get the bye or not.

For some teams, and I'm thinking of the '07 and '11 Giants (of course, ouch), momentum was huge. They got hot at the right time, so in lots of ways, it was better to be in the wildcard round and to keep playing.

Most of the time, though, the bye is a huge advantage. One, you give guys an extra week off to heal, which is enormous. Two, it's simply one less game you have to play - and one fewer chance at losing and getting bounced. So unless there are special circumstances, or if the team needs to keep a hot streak rolling, I'd say that the bye is a big deal.

For all these recent 1st-2nd seeds falling events, Brady had one, Chargers had a couple, Matt Ryan had one, Rodgers had one, Eli had one.... still the most goes to Peyton's 4.

Hmmm...it is 4 actually (1999, 2005, 2007, and 2012 that he lost as a #1 or #2 seed). Not that you need more ammo. :)

For all these recent 1st-2nd seeds falling events, Brady had one, Chargers had a couple, Matt Ryan had one, Rodgers had one, Eli had one.... still the most goes to Peyton's 3.

How are Rodgers, Eli, and Matt Ryan even viable comparisons? Peyton has been to the playoffs 12 times. Those three haven't even combined for that many. Or maybe they have by like 1 or 2 more times.

How are Rodgers, Eli, and Matt Ryan even viable comparisons? Peyton has been to the playoffs 12 times. Those three haven't even combined for that many. Or maybe they have by like 1 or 2 more times.

If one has that many opportunities to do sth. impressive but he just doesnt achieve as much as many having only 1 or 2 opportunities, this person must be so very unlucky.

Atlanta did roll the Seahawks..20-0 at the half..The better tema came out strong and won....

(after admittedly trying to give it away with 'creative' 2nd half play calling)

But what does this weekend say for the arguement AGAINST getting the bye...??

I think most teams would still rather get the bye and get homefield if they can. I don't like they bye when you have momentum either, but homefield is usually worth it IMO.

"Jim Harbaugh brought us to the AFC Champioship game? Is he related to the guy from Baltimore?"

don't be silly I knew it. have fun as u wish dude. I am no American and 03 I came to the States and Indiana and was attracted by the Colts game. I see nothing wrong in it.

To quote the immortal Jim Mora:

"Well, I’ll start off by saying this: do not blame that game on the defense, OK? I don’t care who you play — whether it’s a high school team, a junior college team, a college team — much less an NFL team. When you turn the ball over five times — four interceptions, one for a touchdown, three others in field position to set up touchdowns — you ain’t going to beat anybody I just talked about. Anybody. All right? And that was a disgraceful performance in my opinion. We threw that game. We gave it away by doing that. We gave them the friggin’ game. In my opinion, that sucked. Ah. You know? You can’t turn the ball over five times like that. Holy crap! I don’t know who the hell we think we are when we do something like that. Unbelievable. Five turnovers. One of them for — We’ve thrown four interceptions for touchdowns this year. That might be an NFL record! And we’ve still got six games left, so there’s no telling how many we’ll have. That’s pitiful! I mean, it’s absolutely pitiful to perform like that. Pitiful!"

Then, the question:

What’s that? Ah — Playoffs? Don’t talk about — playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game! Another game.

To quote the immortal Jim Mora:

"Well, I’ll start off by saying this: do not blame that game on the defense, OK? I don’t care who you play — whether it’s a high school team, a junior college team, a college team — much less an NFL team. When you turn the ball over five times — four interceptions, one for a touchdown, three others in field position to set up touchdowns — you ain’t going to beat anybody I just talked about. Anybody. All right? And that was a disgraceful performance in my opinion. We threw that game. We gave it away by doing that. We gave them the friggin’ game. In my opinion, that sucked. Ah. You know? You can’t turn the ball over five times like that. Holy crap! I don’t know who the hell we think we are when we do something like that. Unbelievable. Five turnovers. One of them for — We’ve thrown four interceptions for touchdowns this year. That might be an NFL record! And we’ve still got six games left, so there’s no telling how many we’ll have. That’s pitiful! I mean, it’s absolutely pitiful to perform like that. Pitiful!"

Then, the question:

What’s that? Ah — Playoffs? Don’t talk about — playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game! Another game.

Irsay and polian must have felt Mora was the problem. Where did he coach after he was fired here?

By the way, do you have inside info of Mora being a vampire?