Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Baltimore @ Denver Gametime.

IcEWoLF

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look first off, the defense didn't give up 38 points. It was 31. Secondly another 7 came off of Manning's fumble so there's 14 points spotted by Manning. Add in the OT field goal after the INT and the offense was responsible for 3 turnovers leading to 17 points. It doesn't matter whose fault it is or whatever calls. Great teams overcome that. I'm aware of the tuck rule/PI etc. Lets also add in that the Broncos got 14 points in ST too. I am completely aware the Broncos defense is somewhat at fault, especially the td in the closing minutes. Hear me out.

But.

If the Patriots defense gives Tom Brady two opportunities in OT just to go get at least a FG and he fails, I am livid. When you are an elite quarterback and you are talked about as the greatest of all time, you absolutely cannot do that. Especially that throw. This is with a quarterback who has the most GW drives in NFL history, Peyton Manning. The defense did play poorly, but Manning's lone throw cost them that game. He should have thrown the ball away. The Ravens would have been pinned deep and the Broncos D had been playing excellent in OT at that point.

The game was still competitive. The defense kept it competitive in OT. Blame is all around. I just don't like how there are scapegoats for everything Manning does. You don't lose 11 games if you have played excellent. See Brady 07-11 (6-6). He didn't play well. 

This is where your logic is wrong again.  Manning's pick in OT was a very poor decision, but it was in no way the only thing that cost the game.  In fact the poor play by the Broncos D was a much larger contributor to the loss.

This is where your logic is wrong again.  Manning's pick in OT was a very poor decision, but it was in no way the only thing that cost the game.  In fact the poor play by the Broncos D was a much larger contributor to the loss.

While I've already covered it, as bad as the Broncos D was, they still gave the Broncos a chance to score twice in OT. When I say cost, I mean that interception basically ended the game. I have already said it's not 100% Manning.

While I've already covered it, as bad as the Broncos D was, they still gave the Broncos a chance to score twice in OT. When I say cost, I mean that interception basically ended the game. I have already said it's not 100% Manning.

I agree Manning has some blame, like you said he should have thrown that ball away.  I just believe you and many more on this board are putting most of the blame on Manning, when it should be put on the defense.  They were horrible in for most of the game.

Out of true curiousity, anyone notice that Peyton never threw the ball downfield? All short passes.

I think it might have had something to do with the glove, his velocity and accuracy was surely taking a hit from it.

Out of true curiousity, anyone notice that Peyton never threw the ball downfield? All short passes.

Noticed it. Not sure if was just a result of the D the Ravens were playing or if Manning didn't trust himself. He was wearing a glove due to grip issues in the cold as a result of his neck surgery. Seems odd to me that you don't go downfield at least once. I personally think the neck issue had something to do with it.

How did that 2nd ranked D do today? 

They did not play lights out . . . but at the same time they gave up 28 points in regulation and 7 of those points were scored when Manning fumbled the ball giving the Ravens a short field at the Broncos 37 or so . . . so yes they were above their season average by 10 points or so, but 7 of those 10 points were on a short field that the offense gave to the opponent . . .

now you might have some issues with the tuck rule and manning's fumble, but that is a ref issue and is not the D's fault . . .

no they were not great, but at the same time they did not hand the Ravens 35 points . . . yes they gave up two late scores in the halfs, but that can happen . . .