Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andy Reid interviewing with KC, flying to AZ

ColtsBlueFL

Chris Mortensen just reported A. Reid is interviewing in Philly with KC officials, and will fly to Arizona tonight.  Reid has made QB's look better than they probably really were, I wonder if he could it in KC or AZ?

He's a good coach. I think he could improve Brady Quinn's game in Kansas City, and Kolb has previous experience in Reid's version of the WCO. Kolb was lost in Whisenhunt's offense and I didn't see the skill set to run it. Kolb should look much better if Reid is his coach.

That is one of the beauties of the WCO, it often amplifies a quarterback, and it's much easier for a replacement to come in and run compared to some other schemes. 

Why did Andy Reid agree to go to Kansas City? That team is like the Cleveland Browns of the NFC. High drafts picks every year, a rich organizational history in the NFL, & a constant disappointment.

It really boils down to who Andy selects as his DC. Is Romeo Crennel going to agree to stay on teaching the defense? Romeo was darn good serving in that capacity in NE.

A horrible move for Andy Reid IMO. I don't like this fit at all. If he chooses the wrong DC candidate, Andy will be fired in 4 years...

The only thing that might save Andy Reid's caboose in KC is if Mike Nolan doesn't get a HC job & he agrees to join Reid's coaching staff for a lucrative salary as a DC. Beyond that, I don't see too many other Jim Johnson  masterminds out there right now. 

I don't think the Cards should have fired Whisenhunt. Watch that defense drastically regress now. They went from being a QB away from a playoff team to now a total disaster. Go ahead and hire a washed up Ried who made his offensive line coach a defensive coordinator back in Philly.

Has any coach ever had moderate success with one team over a prolonged period of time like Reid, then went to another team and had success there?

I'm not that big a Reid fan to begin with, but I think it's going to be difficult for him to live up to expectations anywhere else. Especially if he goes and takes over all football operations in KC like he did in Philly. I don't believe in that kind of structure in the NFL.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Dolla Bill$ being paid out makes Pittman & Taylor's contracts look like camp body deals
    • Colt's end of season OL Free Agents  OC Ryan Kelly OG Will Fries OC Danny Pinter OG Wesley French - RFA RG Jack Anderson LG Arlington Hambright - RFA RT Lewis Kidd - ERFA LG Josh Sills - RFA   NFL Market OL Free Agents:  LT Jackson Carman (Bengals)  LT Andrus Peat (Raiders) LT Andre Dillard (Packers) LT Walker Little (Jaguars)  LT Jaylon Moore (49ers)  LG Ben Bartch (49ers) LT/LG Saahdiq Charles (Titans)  LG Kayode Awosika (Lions) - RFA LG Nick Leverett (Patriots) OC Drew Dalman (Atlanta) OC/LG Trystan Colon (Cardinals) OC/LG Bradley Bozeman (Chargers)  OC/RT Robert Hainsey (TB Bucs)  RG/OC Nate Herbig (Steelers) RG Daniel Brunskill (Titans)  LG/RG Chandler Brewer (Jaguars) LG/RG Michael Jordan (Patriots) RT Jake Curhan (Bears) LT/RT Larry Borom (Bears)  LT/RT Chuma Edoga (Cowboys) RT Calvin Anderson (Patriots)    A few from the above mentioned wouldn't mind targeting after this season: Dalman (Atlanta) – in 2023 finished 6th best OL in zone with an 82.3 PFF grade.  Atlanta ran the most zone concepts of any team in regular season (315) where Dalman excelled earning a 90.9 run-blocking grade. Hainsey (TB Bucs) - best fit is inside zone run scheme Anderson (Patriots) – with Denver used to playing in a zone-blocking scheme Moore (49ers) – 3-year starter at Western Michigan’s shotgun, zone-based run scheme Carman (Bengals) – good fit in a zone scheme Bozeman (Chargers) – move to OC seen an improvement Brunskill (Titans) - solid backup with starter potential in his 30's Little (Jaguars) – good at reach blocking and outside zone   2025 OL Free Agents: - quick shoutout LG Isaac Seumalo (Steelers) – 2025 FA solid starter for years but the team draft Mason McCormick to be new starter in 2024 also be 32 years old in 2025.  Q. Nelson good until 2026 and will be 30 years old.  Starting guard in a zone scheme ideal. RT Thayer Munford (Raiders) – 2025 FA playing well – trade? Munford in 2022 on 432 run plays, 335 or 77. Percent were zone runs where he earned the third highest grade among the conference’s tackles with a 79.5 mark (Ohio State’s zone-heavy run scheme).  Braden Smith's contract set to expire.  Munford key replacement as an option. RT John Ojukwu (Titans) – 2024 ERFA 2025 FA? – best long-term position might be inside as a zone blocking guard.  A five-year starter for Boise State’s run heavy (60-40 run-pass) RPO based offense.
    • It's not just drop percentages.  The Colts love speed on their offense.  Jonathan Taylor was recently listed as one of the fastest players in the NFL last season.  Then the Colts drafted Anthony Gould who in 2023 Week 3 hit a top speed of 21.6 mph.  As UDFAs the Colts then brought in NC State Trent Pennix who in Week 6 clocked the fastest time by a TE at 20.6 MPH but also is a capable RB.  Colts also added QB Jason Bean (Kansas) who in Week 9 clocked an impressive 22.4 mph T5 fastest player in 2023.  Adonai Mitchell during his Combine forty reached top speed overall at 23.84 mph.  Even Pierce had been clocked running 19.82 mph which is impressive for a man his size.  Downs unfortunately wasn't able to find a good metric on but did clock a respectable Combine forty time.
    • Welcome back.   After taking a month off, you’ve returned.   I’m not sure where to start, so let’s try the night the Colts drafted Mitchell.  Late that night, you and another high profile Ballard-Hater had this conversation:  That you didn’t like CBs defense of Mitchell.  His big speech.  Why?  Because you guys agreed that “Ballard didn’t know enough about Mitchell to know if he was a good guy or not.”   Your words.     When my chin came off the floor and my eyes back in my head I thought this:   Why would you OR the fans of any team ever think that what a GM shares on draft night is all he knows?   Because it isn’t.  A GM is sharing all that he wants to share, nothing more.  But what he doesn’t share is much, much more than what he does share.  Think an iceberg;  10 percent above water,  90 percent below.   A GM knows far more than he ever shares.    And now you make this argument….   If Mitchell doesn’t work out, Ballard has left himself open to criticism.   Two words:  who cares?   A GM can’t do his job well if he’s afraid of criticism.  Do you think the Steelers care that George Pickens is totally crazy?   No.  They care he makes big plays for Pittsburgh and catches first downs and touchdowns.  Mike Tomlin deals with the crazy part in private.   A GM has to have thick skin.  Ballard clearly does.   And he doesn’t care what others think of him.  Nor should he.     So far Mitchell seems to enjoy Indy.   I think the odds are good Ballard and Steichen can handle whatever baggage the kid brings.    
  • Members

• coltsfan_canada

coltsfan_canada 1,219

• Hooch

Hooch 3

Rookie
    • Rolltide_gocolts

Rolltide_gocolts 209

• w87r

w87r 14,505

Moderators
    • ColtsGermany