Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Drew Brees: 422 of 670, 5,177 yards, 43 TDs

oldunclemark

Brees, on the field, is a fighter. Love him or hate him, you cannot deny that. Same with all the other elite QBs in Brady, Peyon, Rodgers.

Next year, with Sean Payton, dont be surprised if they win the NFC South again. The NFC South has not had repeat winners for at least the last 5-6 years, so I like the Saints' chances to win that division next year. Just cannot dig yourself out of an 0-4 hole that they put themselves in this year.

Besides, Spagnuolos' teams play better D in year 2 of his system installed. I dont expect the Saints' D to be world beaters but they will make enough plays to win the division next year, IMO.

Next year, with Sean Payton, dont be surprised if they win the NFC South again. The NFC South never has repeat winners, so I like the Saints' chances to win that division next year. Just cannot dig yourself out of an 0-4 hole.

Besides, Spagnuolos' teams play better D in year 2 of his system installed. I dont expect the Saints' D to be world beaters but they will make enough plays to win the division next year, IMO.

Do you buy that not having their coach hurt their defense...??

Why didnt it knock down Brees' numbers.

How come Indy not having their cocah didnt hurt us???

Brees put up some shiny numbers but didnt get his team to the playoffs. Brees cost his team a lot of games this year, throwing picks or fumbling at the worst time. The KC meltdown, SF, atlanta, Carolina, Giants all come to mind. Brees is a leader but true leadership imo means getting the job done for your guys however you have to, even in adverse times.

Its way to early to call them winning the South.

Brees is good, but he has ALOT going for him, including his Off avoiding the injury bug for the most part.

But as for the South. ATL is the king of that division until proven otherwise. Carolina can be a good football team if they get it together, same thing for TB.

To be honest, as it stands now, I think the suprise team of the year next year is TB. They have everything they need, but perhaps 1 piece on def. The have the Off, and are a season away from having the defense. I think things are extremely bright in TB.

Next year, with Sean Payton, dont be surprised if they win the NFC South again. The NFC South never has repeat winners, so I like the Saints' chances to win that division next year. Just cannot dig yourself out of an 0-4 hole.

It was a combo, not having their head coach and having a new DC with a new system hurt them. They had not drafted players for Spagnuolos' system, Gregg Williams did get more out of them, IMO. Spagnuolos benefited from the D-line talent drafted by the Giants, he had nowhere close to that with the Saints.

The most important and overlooked aspect - the Colts cut dead weight like Brackett, Bullitt etc. and it paid off in key positions with Freeman having a stellar year. The Saints did not. They kept underachieving aging players like Roman Harper etc. and they should learn from the Colts that it is sometimes best to cut ties and start over.

I think NOLA was an is a flawed team....

What they are this year is what they are..but we'll have to look at that again in 12 months.

Brees is real but the fluke was that they were in the Super Bowl...with the defense they had

Its hard to win and re-tool....

The Colts didnt dump vets when they were 10-6 or 7-9...they cut them when they were 2-14.

Nobody's ever going to do what the Colts did this year..

Indy is not the real world right now...and not an example for anyone

I think NOLA was an is a flawed team....

What they are this year is what they are..but we'll have to look at that again in 12 months.

Brees is real but the fluke was that they were in the Super Bowl...with the defense they had

Its hard to win and re-tool....

The Colts didnt dump vets when they were 10-6 or 7-9...they cut them when they were 2-14.

Nobody's ever going to do what the Colts did this year..

Indy is not the real world right now...and not an example for anyone

The Saints were a fluke when they won the Superbowl? Really? Dude, the Saints finished the season 13-3 their Superbowl year and one thing about defensive stats is they put more weight on yards gained against and not really takeaways.

I have no doubt that the Saints win the NFC South next year. Book it...

It's a good season, but not that great. He wasn't very accurate, or at least not Drew Brees accurate. 

He also had 19 interceptions, which is very high (tied for most in the NFL). 

Also, keep in mind that he blew 2 consecutive games for the Saints during their little winning streak. 

This was not a good season for Brees, but with everything back to normal next year, he should be fine.

The Saints were a fluke when they won the Superbowl? Really? Dude, the Saints finished the season 13-3 their Superbowl year and one thing about defensive stats is they put more weight on yards gained against and not really takeaways.

Man didn't you hear about how the Superbowl was fixed for a great story line for Katrina? Really! :goat::scratch::dunno::puke:

Excellent. I know a bookie I can patch you up with so you can bet all your money on the Saints for next year!

lmao

That's no fluke, that's just Gregg Williams.  He has a way of getting phenomenal results out of his players from day one but then has progressively diminishing results thereafter.  He'd be a hell of a one-year rental for a team but you definitely don't want him sticking around.

Excellent. I know a bookie I can patch you up with so you can bet all your money on the Saints for next year!

lmao

I'm not a gambling man but I feel pretty good about the Saints next year. You may or may not but we will see. Seeing that they were 13-3 and one play from the NFCCG last year, what do you really expect?  i guess everybody can't have those AFC South/West/East schedules. *runs out LOL*

I'm not a gambling man but I feel pretty good about the Saints next year. You may or may not but we will see. Seeing that they were 13-3 and one play from the NFCCG last year, what do you really expect? i guess everybody can't have those AFC South/West/East schedules. *runs out LOL*

Just messin around no worries lol.

Without Sean Payton, that is exactly why Brees' numbers are what they are. Payton would force them to run the ball, and over the years we were getting better at the run, when it was always a weakness. In 2011 we were a top 5 ranked team on rushing. There was a complete lack of effort in the run game. Just the fact Pierre Thomas; the best back on this team finished the season with only 1 rushing TD is proof of that.

I remember back in the Panthers game, Thomas went 10 carries for 110 rushing yards, and they stopped giving it to him, and Brees went on to throw 50 passes. That would not have happened if Payton was on the sidelines when you have Thomas rushing that good.

The only games we seemed really committed to the run were Dallas, Atlanta (Home), and the game against Tampa Bay at home where we shut them out.

I don't think Payton controls anything on the defense. Had we had him this season, we would have won some of those games we lost, but not all of them. realistically I can only think of a handful. The Chiefs game, we were robbed in that one. Say what you want but it's hard to win when the replacement refs call back 2 TD's, including one that was very controversial. I think we would have beat Carolina early in the season, and the Packers, and that's about it. Hard to win when your defense is total garbage like that. Roman Harper and Malcolm Jenkins just need to go. i have been telling Saints fans this all year and they defend them constantly for lord knows why, they play absolutely terrible and get a free pass..

Its way to early to call them winning the South.

Brees is good, but he has ALOT going for him, including his Off avoiding the injury bug for the most part.

But as for the South. ATL is the king of that division until proven otherwise. Carolina can be a good football team if they get it together, same thing for TB.

To be honest, as it stands now, I think the suprise team of the year next year is TB. They have everything they need, but perhaps 1 piece on def. The have the Off, and are a season away from having the defense. I think things are extremely bright in TB.

The King of the division is 0-4 in the playoffs, and only wins the division every other year when the NFL gives them an extremely easy schedule.

Saints got the ring, I think that proves you other wise. 0-4 in the playoffs, even when they have that Number 1 seed, and about to be 0-5 in the playoffs. Atlanta can't win a playoff team, and we beat Favre, Manning, Warner, and Stafford in the playoffs. At least we win when we are home in the playoffs, unlike Matt Ryan who chokes it away to a wild card team that shouldn't even be in the playoffs like GB a few years ago.

Passing records are a joke now. Goddell has ruined the league with the amount of rule changes that favor the offense now (specifically, the passing game.) 

I'm more impressed with what Adrian Peterson did this year, than the 5000 yard passers that are becoming the norm. I mean, Matthew Stafford almost threw for 5K again this year, and he had a mediocre season, overall. Dan Marino still had the greatest season of all-time, of any QB, in my opinion 

The King of the division is 0-4 in the playoffs, and only wins the division every other year when the NFL gives them an extremely easy schedule.

Saints got the ring, I think that proves you other wise. 0-4 in the playoffs, even when they have that Number 1 seed, and about to be 0-5 in the playoffs. Atlanta can't win a playoff team, and we beat Favre, Manning, Warner, and Stafford in the playoffs. At least we win when we are home in the playoffs, unlike Matt Ryan who chokes it away to a wild card team that shouldn't even be in the playoffs like GB a few years ago.

Please tell me you are not referring to the year that Green Bay won the Super Bowl! How could you say they shouldn't be in the playoffs when they were clearly the superior NFC team in the post season? I suppose the Giants didn't deserve to be in the playoffs When they won it all in 2007.

Oh, we are talking about the past?

Let me get in my time machine......

you do know the schedule is based on rotations and not just what the league wants to hand out right? Also outside of two games the falcons and saints play the same teams every year. This year the falcons got the lions and cards while the saints got the 49ers and packers other than that they played the same teams. Also if the falcons only win the division every other year when they get the none first place schedule wouldn't that also be true about the saints the past coupe of years?

The playoffs are the playoffs and credit to the saints for beating good QBs I don't think anyone would try to argue they have been better in the playoffs. However look at who Matt Ryan has lost to Eli manning and Aaron Rodgers on their way to rings. It's not like he's losing to Curtis Painter. I remember when people said Peyton manning couldn't win a playoff game. Sometimes it just takes a little bit of time.

Unless we are just talking this year I don't know if I would call the falcons the kings of the NFC south but I am sure panthers and bucs fans would trace places with them.

Please tell me you are not referring to the year that Green Bay won the Super Bowl! How could you say they shouldn't be in the playoffs when they were clearly the superior NFC team in the post season? I suppose the Giants didn't deserve to be in the playoffs When they won it all in 2007.

yeah not like he lost to guys like Alex Smith, Rex Grossmen or Matt Hasselbeck on a 7-9 team in the playoffs. It would take a really bad QB to do that! Oh wait...

I love Drew Brees and this was a great year for him given the fact he has no running game, his defense is terrible, and his coaching group was a disaster due to suspensions.

Yes, he has turned it over a bit more, but when you throw at the volume he does and has no running game the you are going to turn it over a bit more. It is the same argument that Colts fans use to defend the turnovers that Luck had.

if brees were a true leader, he wouldn't have been crying about bountygate all season. if he were a true leader, he would have repeated these are the circumstances we were dealt. the only thing we can do is fight as hard as possible to make the best out of it

that team fell apart due to lack of leadership