Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Conspiracy..?

turner46992

If any league had the potential to be fixed it would be the NBA. Strictly because how much control those refs have.

How could you even fix the NFL?

The NBA has proved time and time again they are truly rigged.

2000 Lakers/Trailblazers Game 7

2002 Lakers/Kings Game 6

2006 Heat/Mavericks Game 5, 6, and 7, there is no way you'll ever convince me this was not rigged

2011 Heat/Celtics Game 2

The NBA has proved time and time again they are truly rigged.

2000 Lakers/Trailblazers Game 7

2002 Lakers/Kings Game 6

2006 Heat/Mavericks Game 5, 6, and 7, there is no way you'll ever convince me this was not rigged

2011 Heat/Celtics Game 2

:hissy: I am still not even over that game and I am not even a Celtics fan. Between the FTs given to the Heat the whole game and the no call against Rondo in OT.....the classic "swing game" in an NBA series when they want to swing the series to one opponent; the Heat.

And don't forget the videos that showed how the Spurs got jobbed vs. the Thunder in game 6. They didn't want that going to game 7 in SA.

They wanted Durant vs. Lebron. Super star vs. Super star. And they got it. And they might get it again this year too. :shout:

As for the NFL since this is an NFL forum and it's a touchier subject, I try to keep some of my loopy occasional theories at times much more hidden. :goodluck: ;)

:hissy: I am still not even over that game and I am not even a Celtics fan. Between the FTs given to the Heat the whole game and the no call against Rondo in OT.....the classic "swing game" in an NBA series when they want to swing the series to one opponent; the Heat.

And don't forget the videos that showed how the Spurs got jobbed vs. the Thunder in game 6. They didn't want that going to game 7 in SA.

They wanted Durant vs. Lebron. Super star vs. Super star. And they got it. And they might get it again this year too. :shout:

As for the NFL since this is an NFL forum and it's a touchier subject, I try to keep some of my loopy occasional theories at times much more hidden. :goodluck: ;)

How many free throws did they shoot in that game? 47? 48? That alone shows you something was wrong, yeah that game was obvious. But so was the Thunder/Spurs Game 7, which i did not list. There's no way the Thunder come back like that without all the free throws given to them.

I did feel colts saints super bowl was fixed but could have just been imagining it

I did feel colts saints super bowl was fixed but could have just been imagining it

When a team is out coached that badly, it can feel like the fix is in. (I know, coaches don't throw, run, or catch the ball)....

About 5% of me feels that the NFL is rigged and I have seem some sketchy stuff to make it move up to that 5%. There are billions of dollars at stake, so it wouldn't absolutely baffle me, but they could NEVER let it out because if it ever got out that it was fake, it would completely ruin the sport. It would be like watching WWE.

It is strange though that all these teams that make new stadiums and stuff, or like New Orleans right after Katrina go and win a SB.. There are some really strange things, and when teams win super bowls they make a lot more money, for all sorts of reasons. Jets and Giants build a new stadium, Jets go to 2 AFCCGs in a row out of nowhere and the Giants win 2 SBs..

Katrina happens then the Saints win the SB?

9/11 happened and the Patriots win the SB and upset the greatest show on turf?

That Tyree catch in the 07 SB is very sketchy if you watch the play in slow motion over and over.. It looks like some of the Pats defenders are giving up on the play or letting Eli get away from them, and when you watch the actual catch from multiple angles, it looks like Rodney Harrison is actually helping him hold the football on his helmet lol..

Like i said, there are a few sketchy things now and again, and even some crazy crazy calls that can drastically change the outcome of a game, but only 5% of me actually believes it. I don't see it going beyond 5% unless something else really messed up happens

If any league had the potential to be fixed it would be the NBA. Strictly because how much control those refs have.

How could you even fix the NFL?

You could fix the NFL through the referees as well. A pass interference call is basically a gimmie HUGE play. I still think they should change the rules on PI and make it 15 yards max and automatic first down.. Giving someone a free 50+ yard play, especially when its ticky tack, is just *..

The refs in the NFL can heavily influence a game.. Football is all about momentum, so if a team is starting to gain some momentum, a ref can just throw a flag for holding on just about any play on any down.. 1st and 10 and they get a 30 yard play? Throw flag for holding.. its now 2nd and 20... Thats how you could theoretically fix an NFL game. All it takes is 1 flag to completely stall a drive and force a team to punt, or a flag to save a team's drive and keep them alive on a missed 3rd down conversion, etc..

Its just as easy to do it in the NFL as it is with the NBA.

Every Year at the Beginning of the season my girlfriend tries to tell me the NFL is fake and set up, claiming they already know who is going to the playoffs and who will win the superbowl. Now I obviously wont and dont believe her, but What would the odds be that first round of the Playoffs Andrew Luck and the Colts head over to PA to play Bruce A. old team and Big Ben(who luck is compared to alot). Then we head over and Play Peyton Manning and the Broncos where Luck gets to face the Man this organization has seen the past 12 years. With the Broncos pulling away and heading to the AFC Conference game to Play against New England, we would have yet another Brady vs Manning Show down. Broncos would win that game in a shoot out. Which takes Peyton back to the Superbowl, or better yet, back Home to his dads old stomping grounds to play nobody else but little brother Eli and The Giants. Talk about a nice set up. Big Brother vs. Little brother on dads old turf, With Big brother winning to match little brothers ring total.....Yeah! if any of this happens Ill believe the NFL is Rigged....Just thought Id share my thoughts on it, and hope my girlfriend isnt the only women out there that believe the NFL is like a big Soap Opera

Can you ask your girlfriend if Joe Thiesmann's broken leg was real or were he and LT just play acting......I'm dying to know!

High-level rigging happens in pro sports, but I don't think it's ever on THAT kind of scale where Super Bowl champs can be pre-ordained before the season starts. That's just too large a task to be practical, it'd be too hard to control. It's more of a game-by-game basis.

It's too naive to think this sport's clean. More money gets spent on football gambling annually than the NFL pays to all of its players. And it really doesn't take more than one or two calls to change the outcome/flow of most games.

You could fix the NFL through the referees as well. A pass interference call is basically a gimmie HUGE play. I still think they should change the rules on PI and make it 15 yards max and automatic first down.. Giving someone a free 50+ yard play, especially when its ticky tack, is just *..

The refs in the NFL can heavily influence a game.. Football is all about momentum, so if a team is starting to gain some momentum, a ref can just throw a flag for holding on just about any play on any down.. 1st and 10 and they get a 30 yard play? Throw flag for holding.. its now 2nd and 20... Thats how you could theoretically fix an NFL game. All it takes is 1 flag to completely stall a drive and force a team to punt, or a flag to save a team's drive and keep them alive on a missed 3rd down conversion, etc..

Its just as easy to do it in the NFL as it is with the NBA.

Naw the calls in the NBA are much more subjective. And can directly result in points. Therefore making it much easier to influence the outcome of games.

Even if you penalize a team to the one yard line, nothing is stopping the D from knocking the ball out, and stopping any kind of score.

NBA refs can award free throws subjectively, and can wipe away baskets by calling offensive fouls.

Again I don't think either sport is rigged. It doesn't make sense. But if one had the potential it would be the NBA.

I do think refs have influenced games in the past in both sports based on gambling/ultrior motives however(I.E The NBA Tim Donaghy scandal) . But that's not the same as picking a team before the season begins and go "That's the Super Bowl winner."

High-level rigging happens in pro sports, but I don't think it's ever on THAT kind of scale where Super Bowl champs can be pre-ordained before the season starts. That's just too large a task to be practical, it'd be too hard to control. It's more of a game-by-game basis.

It's too naive to think this sport's clean. More money gets spent on football gambling annually than the NFL pays to all of its players. And it really doesn't take more than one or two calls to change the outcome/flow of most games.

Great minds, post similar posts.

lmao

Every Year at the Beginning of the season my girlfriend tries to tell me the NFL is fake and set up, claiming they already know who is going to the playoffs and who will win the superbowl. Now I obviously wont and dont believe her, but What would the odds be that first round of the Playoffs Andrew Luck and the Colts head over to PA to play Bruce A. old team and Big Ben(who luck is compared to alot). Then we head over and Play Peyton Manning and the Broncos where Luck gets to face the Man this organization has seen the past 12 years. With the Broncos pulling away and heading to the AFC Conference game to Play against New England, we would have yet another Brady vs Manning Show down. Broncos would win that game in a shoot out. Which takes Peyton back to the Superbowl, or better yet, back Home to his dads old stomping grounds to play nobody else but little brother Eli and The Giants. Talk about a nice set up. Big Brother vs. Little brother on dads old turf, With Big brother winning to match little brothers ring total.....Yeah! if any of this happens Ill believe the NFL is Rigged....Just thought Id share my thoughts on it, and hope my girlfriend isnt the only women out there that believe the NFL is like a big Soap Opera

Smart girl.

How else could you explain the Broncos success last year with Tebow at QB? They even won a playoff game!!!

How else could you explain the Colts game plan to rush more times than pass in the playoff loss vs Jets. Also Caldwell's time out to help Jets 2 min drill? And then the following week the Pats had the same game plan.

No way.

Everyone knows the people on this forum including the Redskins fans and Texans fans are set up by the league to create a Luck/RG3 controversy.

How many times have you heard people here say, "Imagine if someday we have a Luck vs. RG3" Super Bowl.

They are setting one up this year folks. The first all rookie QB showdown in the big game. Luck vs. RG3.

They are done with Manning/Manning vs. Brady and know they need something new to market for the future and with the early success of Luck/RG3 they have decided to start now.

It's all about Luck and RG3 now and their youth/spark and money making ability.

You see it clearly. They are already weakening our opponents. Gronk out for the Pats, Suggs tears his biceps, Big Ben hurting, Manning loses his veteran RB and Houston has been giving up more yards/lost Cushing.

In the NFC they forced Harbaugh to switch QBs, Eli has been forced to play down, Saints tanked, Packers players dropping like flies and the Bears D is hurting.

It is so obvious!!!!!!

/sarcasm

If it is fake its about darn time the NFL put my Skins in the main event picture...lol....LOVED YOUR POST I LAUGHED MY butt OFF.