Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

interesting scenario to ponder

Chances of him falling that far are basically none and I have said he will go 1st in the draft in the past and some think its hilarious, but the guy has size, poise and the numbers to warrant it, I dont predict he will be a star which if teams think that and that he doesnt have the tools to be a leader then he will fall but I'd be surprised if he dropped any further then 2nd or 3rd pick, Who I am thinking is moving up draft boards is Aaron Murray

Depending on his shoulder injury, Barkley could slip into the 20's.... but it's not likely.... primarily because it's pretty much Barkley and Smith... and while neither is great, some team is going to reach for each.

Barkley has been exposed this year, the way Leinart was when he came back for one more year.

He has no elite quality... Not size, or arm, or athletic ability... nothing that can be measured or even seen with the eye... he's got nice intangibles, but not a lot else... he may still go in the 1st, but it's going to have to be to a team that gears it's offense to him... meaning West Coast... a short and medium passing game... he could not be the Colts QB if Indy didn't have Luck. He could not run our offense, at least he couldn't run it effectively...

The other issue is this.... even if Barkley slid into the 20's... it's hard to believe a team is going to give up a #2 this year, plus a future #1 for a pick in the 20's... when Denver moved up to the 20's to take Tebow, they gave New England a 2,3,4. I'm not even sure that same deal would happen again... maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it...

Odds are, if we decide to trade out of the 1st round, we'd get some teams, 2,3 and 5... and, depending on who we love, I might seriously entertain that offer.... maybe... but I think it's too early to know right now...

Chances of him falling that far are basically none and I have said he will go 1st in the draft in the past and some think its hilarious, but the guy has size, poise and the numbers to warrant it, I dont predict he will be a star which if teams think that and that he doesnt have the tools to be a leader then he will fall but I'd be surprised if he dropped any further then 2nd or 3rd pick, Who I am thinking is moving up draft boards is Aaron Murray

I don't think he has the size. Different websites vary from 6'2" to 6'3". He looks small to me so I think he will measure out to 6'2". Now, that's not tiny, but he isn't a real mobile QB like Russell Wilson or RG3, so he needs to be a couple inches taller imo. In other words, I think he'll fall just like Jake Locker did.

I don't think he has the size. Different websites vary from 6'2" to 6'3". He looks small to me so I think he will measure out to 6'2". Now, that's not tiny, but he isn't a real mobile QB like Russell Wilson or RG3, so he needs to be a couple inches taller imo. In other words, I think he'll fall just like Jake Locker did.

Barkley is listed at the short end of 6'2, he could end up 6'1.

Despite what some may think, Barkley doesn't deserve the first pick, let alone a first round pick. He should be a mid rounder, and I think someone takes him in the second hoping for an Andy Dalton clone. I hope for every QB hungry franchise they don't get saddled with him (except JAX, I'd like them to draft another bust). He is small, slow, has a weak arm, low ceiling, and has struggled at USC after losing just a small amount of the blue chip talent around him. Even with Woods and the best WR in CFB he has dropped. If Arizona drafts him i guarantee a bust unless they drastically improve their line and Barkley suddenly becomes more than an average QB with average tools.

Barkley is listed at the short end of 6'2, he could end up 6'1.

Despite what some may think, Barkley doesn't deserve the first pick, let alone a first round pick. He should be a mid rounder, and I think someone takes him in the second hoping for an Andy Dalton clone. I hope for every QB hungry franchise they don't get saddled with him (except JAX, I'd like them to draft another bust). He is small, slow, has a weak arm, low ceiling, and has struggled at USC after losing just a small amount of the blue chip talent around him. Even with Woods and the best WR in CFB he has dropped. If Arizona drafts him i guarantee a bust unless they drastically improve their line and Barkley suddenly becomes more than an average QB with average tools.

63.6 completion percentage and 36 touchdown passes to 15 interceptions this year (according to ESPN). He also has an 83 yard pass to his credit this year

63.6 completion percentage and 36 touchdown passes to 15 interceptions this year (according to ESPN). He also has an 83 yard pass to his credit this year

67.8% completion percentage 36 total TDs 5 INTs his senior year (According to sports reference).

How's Tebow doing now?

I was going to put this in my post. Everytime I criticize anyone on this board I get fed a load of stats. Stats in college mean very little. I don't care that he produced in an offense where he makes few reads and barely throws deep. I care that he lacks height, speed, arm strength, deep accuracy, etc. Really, I'm very tired of people here thinking boxscore scouting and looking at highlights is the way to scout a player.

Also, I get told that "all of the experts" say he's great, like I care about that (or like it's true).

Odds are, if we decide to trade out of the 1st round, we'd get some teams, 2,3 and 5... and, depending on who we love, I might seriously entertain that offer.... maybe... but I think it's too early to know right now...

I would jump all over that offer. 2, 3, and 5 is alright w/ me, of course, it does depend on who we are targeting and what the other team's draft position is to some extent....

67.8% completion percentage 36 total TDs 5 INTs his senior year (According to sports reference).

How's Tebow doing now?

I was going to put this in my post. Everytime I criticize anyone on this board I get fed a load of stats. Stats in college mean very little. I don't care that he produced in an offense where he makes few reads and barely throws deep. I care that he lacks height, speed, arm strength, deep accuracy, etc. Really, I'm very tired of people here thinking boxscore scouting and looking at highlights is the way to scout a player.

Also, I get told that "all of the experts" say he's great, like I care about that (or like it's true).

Who in your in opinion is the best QB is this years draft class and why?

Is Tyler Bray coming out this year?

If I were him, I would. New coach/scheme coming into Tennessee. With some good workouts he might be jump to the top QB on the board.

Barkley will have Sanchez & Leinart held against him and that isn't quite fair to Barkley, but that is how it goes at times.

Barkley has looked great at times and times he hasn't been all that impressive. A lot like Brady Quinn was, who I still think is better than most give him credit for and could succeed in the right situation.