Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andy's Big Board 2.0

Paul actually had the stats to back it up from a freshman in college at College Of The Canyons (California small college I know0

Freshman year he has 49 tackles 14 sacks, 19 tackles for loss 2 forced fumbles 1 interception and 1 fumble recovery

in 2008 he played at Fort Scott Community college in Kansas-70 tackles, 10.5 sacks, 3 forced fumbles (2 recovered)

He transferred to the University of South Florida in Tampa, Florida. In 2009, he played thirteen games for the Bulls with seven starts and totaled 45 tackles (16.5 for losses), 6.5 sacks, one interception (returned 18 yards for a touchdown), broke up three passes, and forced two fumbles.

Thats a very HUGE difference from what Ansah has done regardless of where Paul did it

Paul had a ton of production and did it consistently, Maybe Ansah will to but I sure would not draft him in the 1st and find out considering his one year of production, a mid round pick in my opinion

At a D1 school, Ansah has 57 tackles (13.0 for losses), 4.5 sacks, and 8 passes broken up. Pierre Paul at a D1 school, 45 tackles (16.5 for losses), 6.5 sacks, one interception (returned 18 yards for a touchdown), broke up three passes, and forced two fumbles. Almost exactly the same.

Well, everyone is praising his crazy athleticism. Here's the thing, he's very versatile. He can play anywhere on the D-line and do it well. He has a surprising amount of football smarts for a guy with not much experience.

As mentioned, he's a crazy athlete. He was on the BYU track team and has a 39 inch vertical. You don't see that every day.

to many other good players who should be drafted before him in the 1st in my opinion with more experience and the numbers to back it up, of course numbers is not every thing but I will take a guy with alot of production over a guy with alot of potential in the draft most of the time, Of course Im not saying he wont be good, obviously I dont know what the future holds but I do know I want a history of production when it comes to my draft picks

to many other good players who should be drafted before him in the 1st in my opinion with more experience and the numbers to back it up, of course numbers is not every thing but I will take a guy with alot of production over a guy with alot of potential in the draft most of the time, Of course Im not saying he wont be good, obviously I dont know what the future holds but I do know I want a history of production when it comes to my draft picks

I agree with the first part about the drafting potential vs production.

I think he's getting more praise and hype because of players similar to him like JPP (at the NCAA D1 level, JPP didn't have much experience, even though he had community college experience like you said), or some other guys.

At a D1 school, Ansah has 57 tackles (13.0 for losses), 4.5 sacks, and 8 passes broken up. Pierre Paul at a D1 school, 45 tackles (16.5 for losses), 6.5 sacks, one interception (returned 18 yards for a touchdown), broke up three passes, and forced two fumbles. Almost exactly the same.

what school?

I agree with the first part about the drafting potential vs production.

I think he's getting more praise and hype because of players similar to him like JPP (at the NCAA D1 level, JPP didn't have much experience, even though he had community college experience like you said), or some other guys.

clearly has potential and I wouldnt be mad if he was drafted by us in the mid rounds if he falls or lands there but, I'd take Brandon Jenkins in a heart beat over Ansah right now if Jenkins fully recovers from injury by draft day, Of course if Jenkins is fully recovered by draft day he could go in the mid to late 1st round or early 2nd because he has shown the consistent skills and numbers to warrant it

Ansah at BYU and Pierre Paul at USF.

Im just a guy that wants to see the consistency amd Paul showed that over multiple years compared to Ansah's 1 year, (also that 6.5 sacks that I posted about Paul was in 7 starts. starting a game means something when it comes to being able to produce big numbers

Nobody, I honestly didn't try to take a shot at you. I really didn't want to insult you. I just said that football fans (that's you) knew that Barron has been playing better.

You're telling me that I'm suppose to change my mind on Smith because a forum thinks that Smith has been doing well.

Watch the tape, and listen to the experts, Barron has been performing very well with the Bucs. He's making big stops in the running game and he's doing not bad in the passing game. Smith was torched in the earlier part of the season, but has been a bit better as of late. Still not better than Barron.

Oh, sorry, a nickname means he's better than Barron.

Alright, I thought you were saying I'm "not a real fan" or something. I still think Harrison has been better.

I hate to break up this love fest between two posters I really like.... "Nobody" and "Andy"....

But the stats for Barron and Smith are almost identical. Almost the same amount of tackles and interceptions and fumbles forced...

So, feel free to like who you like.... I'm not interested in changing anyone's mind.... but the idea that each of you are saying that it's clear and obvious that your guy is clearly better is wrong. Nothing is clear. Performance wise, they're about equal.

The one edge you can give to Smith is value. Barron taken 6th or 7th overall, and Smith around 30th... but on the field, they're roughly the same.... both very good.

And, respectfully..... I think anyone saying Te'o is not very good or not a hammer, or doesn't hit, must have a Big Hate for Notre Dame, or the player. Find me a Scout who says that and I'll pay attention. Also, as much as I love Te'o, and I really do, I don't think he's better at this point that Keuchley. That guy is playing out of his mind in the NFL. He's the likely front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year. He's great. If Te'o has as good a rookie season, the team that takes him will be thrilled. But, I think he's capable of it. Both, very, very talented guys. Not the same, but very talented.

Just my two cents....