Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Time for a little perspective...

cmgww

For everyone complaining about Luck, Arians, etc. Wake up! This team was not supposed to do squat this season! They are built from spare parts, rookies, and a few solid veterans. Yes, yesterday's win was "ugly"...you think the great #18 didn't have clunkers in his days here? He had plenty! As a MVP veteran he had off days. Look back at some games he threw 2 picks, maybe 250 yards, and the Colts still ground out a win. 2009 comes to mind. 14-12 over Jax, 18-14 over a then terrible 49ers team at home, 20-17 over a bad Houston team....

What do you all expect? 35-0 every week? Luck is rookie playing behind a terrible pass blocking line, without a full deck (Collie, Fleener) of skill guys, and he has a couple of not great games. And all of a sudden it is "what's wrong with Luck? Is he regressing? No, he is a rookie. A darn good one, but a rookie nonetheless. Yesterday he got enough done to get the win. And the D and STs helped too. He did look a bit wonky yeaterday....but Manning had plenty of those types of games in his run here. Lighten up and look at the big picture, folks. We are 7-4 and in the driver's seat in terms of making the playoffs, and no one except a few of us fans on here saw this coming...and i don't want a bunch of "I said they would win 9-10 games back in August"...bc i am on here enough to know you are lying. A few people reached for that, but not many, and they were laughed at. Enjoy...the...ride

I'm not complaining. It's amazing that we're 7-4. But at the same time, there's nothing wrong with pointing out that it was an ugly win yesterday, and that Luck still has some work to do.... Those are honest and true assessments.

I'd actually be more upset if the team were completely happy with the performance yesterday (which I'm sure they aren't). That would tell me they aren't interested in getting better. That's not really a winning mentality.

The fact that we're in the driver's seat for a playoff spot with all the development we still have to do isn't a cause for complaint, it's a cause for celebration.

3 times we've been blown out this year, and we're 3-0 in the bounceback games that follow it. This is a team that learns from its mistakes and develops. We're not where we need to be, but we're far ahead of where the script says we should be.

people are happy about 7 and 4 but we want luck to play at higher level. It gets annoying when an rg3 fan comes up and says rg3 has thrown 4tds ect.

Luck has played great, and who cares what the RG3 lovers are saying. The guy literally dinks and dunks down the field every game with a few longer passes sprinkled in. If those people can not see the obvious and blatant differences in why Luck has been way better so far, then they don't have an ounce of football knowledge in the brains. Its funny those same people talked about how Bobby 3 had a better team and better weapons around him at the start of the season, but now all of a sudden they want to say that Luck has the better team and that is completely ridiculous. Forget about the Skip Bayless followers out there that actually listen to his nonsense because anybody with 1 functioning brain cell can see that Luck has done way more for his team than Bobby 3 has done for his.

This Perspective, which Angle you looking from? When you take a Chance, ever Wonder who you took it from?

Idk lol, got Bored. But I'm not complaining. I predicted a 7 or 9 Win season so this isn't a surprise to me. But we do have some areas we need to work on. Nothing wrong with looking at the Good AND Bad of your Team

I predicted 3-5 wins and stats more like Peyton's first year, so overall, I'm happy.

I also have no problems with criticising Luck or BA or anyone. Luck does have obvious areas that need work, but folks lose perspective when they seem to almost describe him as a bust of some kind. Just makes no sense. Same with BA. Not perfect certainly, but some want to fire him? Again, perspective lost IMO.

Also, RGIII is having a better year thus far than Luck IMO, even considering the better talent surrounding him. I have no problem admitting that. But if one turns out to be Brady and one Manning, who cares? I'm happy for Washington and happy for us.

people are happy about 7 and 4 but we want luck to play at higher level. It gets annoying when an rg3 fan comes up and says rg3 has thrown 4tds ect.

That's the problem, who gives a rats if a RG3 fan wants to argue that his QB is better. If that's your concern you can turn the argument on his head with superior football knowledge and if these people are completely devoid of it then the argument is pointless anyway. There is plenty of angles you can use other than passing stats, especially since RG3 hasnt won more games Luck.

Luck has the better record

Has broken more records

He can rush nearly as well as RG3 but can actually take the punishment or just break tackles in the pocket and still pass

Luck can put the team on his back and win

Luck gets his passing yards with a higher degree of difficulty because the play book is full of long developing routes, not screens , slants, and crossing routes.

Luck is doing historically well for a rookie QB with a practically new team minus Wayne, Brown, Castonzo, Link, Fili, Mookie, Freeney, Mathis, Angerer, Powers, Bethea, Vinateri, and Pat.

Our team really shouldn't be winning the games we are winning. But we have benefited from a easy schedule.

Pagano, Arians, Manusky have all been doing a great job so far with less talent.

Grigson should get a lot of credit for what he has done in his first year of working with a injury ridden/ cap stricken team.

Luck is playing well and has made some mistakes but fans don't really think of him as a rookie because he never acts like a rookie.

As much as I think the defense has played bad, we have been playing well. We haven't given up a ton of points except for the Pats, Packers, and Bears which are the very good teams right now.

3 of our 4 losses have come from the top teams in the league, which should be expected from a young team.

I am excited to even be mentioned for the playoffs this year because of how young we are, and how cap stricken we are. Do we have holes? Yes, but doesn't every team?

Luck is doing historically well for a rookie QB with a practically new team minus Wayne, Brown, Castonzo, Link, Fili, Mookie, Freeney, Mathis, Angerer, Powers, Bethea, Vinateri, and Pat.

Our team really shouldn't be winning the games we are winning. But we have benefited from a easy schedule.

Pagano, Arians, Manusky have all been doing a great job so far with less talent.

Grigson should get a lot of credit for what he has done in his first year of working with a injury ridden/ cap stricken team.

Luck is playing well and has made some mistakes but fans don't really think of him as a rookie because he never acts like a rookie.

As much as I think the defense has played bad, we have been playing well. We haven't given up a ton of points except for the Pats, Packers, and Bears which are the very good teams right now.

3 of our 4 losses have come from the top teams in the league, which should be expected from a young team.

I am excited to even be mentioned for the playoffs this year because of how young we are, and how cap stricken we are. Do we have holes? Yes, but doesn't every team?

I actually totally forgot we lost to the Jets. So 2 out of our 4 wins have come against very good teams.

That's the problem, who gives a rats if a RG3 fan wants to argue that his QB is better. If that's your concern you can turn the argument on his head with superior football knowledge and if these people are completely devoid of it then the argument is pointless anyway. There is plenty of angles you can use other than passing stats, especially since RG3 hasnt won more games Luck.

Luck has the better record

Has broken more records

He can rush nearly as well as RG3 but can actually take the punishment or just break tackles in the pocket and still pass

Luck can put the team on his back and win

Luck gets his passing yards with a higher degree of difficulty because the play book is full of long developing routes, not screens , slants, and crossing routes.

It's really a green to red apple comparison. Two different players, two different systems. Similar to all the Brady v. Manning debates.

RGIII doesnt dink and dunk down the field...he has a legitimate arm....I'm a Colts fan all day but enough with the lies.....

You can disagree all you want, but that still won't change the fact that their entire offense is predicated on screen passes and dump offs. He does throw the ball downfield some, but not even close to what Luck has to do in our offense.

It's really a green to red apple comparison. Two different players, two different systems. Similar to all the Brady v. Manning debates.

That's a another good point to bring up, probably shut down the debate all together. Plus neither player affects the other so who cares.

please don't turn this into another luck verses Griffin debate. My point was, that even during the dominant Manning years, he had some pretty bad games too. sometimes against teams we were supposed to beat handily. in summary, I think Luck is being scrutinized way too much, at this point in his career. it's hard enough to follow a legend, but we all make it worse by pointing out every little flaw in his game

You can disagree all you want, but that still won't change the fact that their entire offense is predicated on screen passes and dump offs. He does throw the ball downfield some, but not even close to what Luck has to do in our offense.

That's the point.....it's not a fact......just because he checks down doesnt make it a dink OR dunk....he throws the ball downfield quite a bit and hes successful at it....

he may have done that but RG3 has more tools around him than Luck. I will take our record and Luck not throwing as many td's RG3. Luck has performed like i expected and am not disappointed in his performance on the field with this makeshift team. He get's not protected and has to scramble to much but he has kept drives alive in spots where you wouldn't think he coud so my reponse to RG3 threw 4 tds is Luck has a better winng %

When Luck actually figures out how to lead a receiver and NOT throw it behind them the majority of the time his INT's will diminish and the YAC for our receivers will go through the roof.