Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pierre Garçon

Dark Superman

It would have been great if he stayed, but he wanted far too much money. I believe he rejected a 5 year, $35 mil deal. He isn't worth more than that, especially with all of his drops. He has the potential to be one of the best WRs in the game, but for whatever reason, drops have always been a problem. Plus, he was injured for a long time this year

Garcon dropped the biggest ball in Colt history... well maybe second..(Aaron Bailey in the end zone AFCCG 95) but i don't consider that a drop... just fell on his belly and rolled off.

Garcon dropped a pass that would have broke the Saints spirit. in the SB 09. And PG was famous for making he spectacular and totally whiffing on the easy 3rd down grab that kept drives going.

I don't miss him a bit. In fact Hilton is every bit and MORE the player Garcon was. And dude is just a rookie.

Garcon dropped the biggest ball in Colt history... well maybe second..(Aaron Bailey in the end zone AFCCG 95) but i don't consider that a drop... just fell on his belly and rolled off.

Garcon dropped a pass that would have broke the Saints spirit. in the SB 09. And PG was famous for making he spectacular and totally whiffing on the easy 3rd down grab that kept drives going.

I don't miss him a bit. In fact Hilton is every bit and MORE the player Garcon was. And dude is just a rookie.

That's a monster overstatement....about the Super Bowl game....the biggest drop in Colts history.??? Come on man...

That was probably Mr. Irsay dropping off the furniture from the moving vans.

but you are right...we are well set at wide receiver and tight end.. Thank you very much, Mr/ Grigson...

Avery and Hilton aren't as good as Garcon. Garcon was a physical receiver and he wouldn't be afraid of trying to run through a defender. In fact, I think he loved smashing into DBs and trying to bulldoze over them. I don't think Avery or Hilton have the size to be as physical a receiver as Garcon. They are possibly more fast than Garcon and have more reliable hands, but Garcon's physical style of play was awesome to watch. I could see Dwayne Allen being the new Garcon in that he could be the most physical of the pass catchers we have. But he doesn't have Garcon's speed.

Only think Hilton won't be able to do that Garcon can is pull out a vicious stiff arm. Or break tackles and plow his way through cornerbacks.

You can't say you don't love that stiff arm.

That's a monster overstatement....about the Super Bowl game....the biggest drop in Colts history.??? Come on man...

but you are right...we are well set at wide receiver and tight end.. Thank you very much, Mr/ Grigson...

:Look up their rookie stats. I won't do if for U...

Hilton is a player... every bit as capable as PG.... And way less expensive.

If PG catches it ... ??? But HE drops it .. like he is use to doing..

I think Donnie Avery is faster than Garcon, but Garcon is much more explosive with the RAC. He is much better than Avery in that category. Garcon is like an Anquan Boldin with speed.

I think Avery and Hilton and maybe Brazil are all faster than Garcon. Garcon is a beast. But, if Garcon, Hilton, Avery and Brazil were all on our team this year and we are in a big game. They all line up to go deep. Who is Luck's 1st progression? I'm not saying who will get open, I'm asking who does Luck WANT to throw the ball to 1st. who would he trust the most to make that catch. I don't think it is Garcon. I think it is Hilton.

I think Hilton is going to be very good. I would still like to get a nasty physical receiver down the road though. We aren't going to have Reggie for another 8 years so a few years down the road I'd love them to draft another young crazy reciever. Preferably when Reggie is around so Reggie can teach him the ways of Wayne. Hilton I think will be a great second down the road but it couldn't hurt having an Andrew Johnson type rec around if any will be available here in a few years.