Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Case Reopened

Golfr

<3 Htown for doing my work for me. Gavin is wrong for applying too optimistic numbers for this Brown this season, and Golfr is wrong for underestimating Brown's career numbers.

I was not wrong! How could I be wrong when I never gave a specific #. I claimed barely more then 1500 yards.

Brown is on pace for over a 1000 yards this season SHARING CARRIES which in my opinion is completely unecessary for him to have to do

This is a mere case of "look up yards a game and multiply by 16 games".. You forgot that he missed 2 games. He's is on pace for somewhere around 750-900 yards. Most likely right in the middle

Mike Chappell@mchappell51

Voice of the minority. Donald Brown is the Colts best RB. Period. Vick Ballard is a solid backup

just a voice that covers the team on the daily. he even put the "Period" at the end of his statement lol. and I agree

i don't put a lot of stock in mike chappell. up until the regular season he tried to make a case for the colts signing gary brackett and joe addai.

Brown has been given chances and hasnt done much with them. Time to go with Ballard and use Brown as the 3rd down back.

in the past he has been given chances behind a horrible offensive line. he just needs to stay healthy and the line needs to continue to run block well.

in the past he has been given chances behind a horrible offensive line. he just needs to stay healthy and the line needs to continue to run block well.

True, but they are trying to go to more of a power run game and Ballard is better suited. Its the same style Mississippi St. is becoming known for. If anything i say go to a 50/50 time share, But i think its time to put Ballard as the number 1 and see if he cant progress into the franchise back we need.

It is absolutely necessary........now if Donald would stop "stopping" in the backfield then maybe he would get more carries.

so you really dont watch Ballard as closely as you think you do do ya, he absolutely does plenty of stopping in the backfield

True, but they are trying to go to more of a power run game and Ballard is better suited. Its the same style Mississippi St. is becoming known for. If anything i say go to a 50/50 time share, But i think its time to put Ballard as the number 1 and see if he cant progress into the franchise back we need.

The problem with them going to a power run game is simple we have O Linemen made for Zone Blocking while Arians has installed what was in the beginning a primarily Man Blocking scheme, we have agile O Linemen who are not maulers outside of MAYBE Satele

Personally I think they should share carries/split time.

I don't think either has the ability to fit the "Edgerin James, Ever-Down-Back, from his MNF intros."

They should both be used and kept fresh more like Rhodes/Addai. Each will get their carries with Carter getting a few here and there.

Totally agree!! Just would like Carter to get more carries still

This is a mere case of "look up yards a game and multiply by 16 games".. You forgot that he missed 2 games. He's is on pace for somewhere around 750-900 yards. Most likely right in the middle

yep forgot to take that into account, 840 yards in 14 games but those 14 games have been with him sharing carries to

The problem with them going to a power run game is simple we have O Linemen made for Zone Blocking while Arians has installed what was in the beginning a primarily Man Blocking scheme, we have agile O Linemen who are not maulers outside of MAYBE Satele

I agree completely. Itll take a year or 2 to get them converted. On the bright side that should be way easier than converting the Defense. I like Satele but i dont think heck ever be the caliber of Center that Saturday was. We need a lineman to step up and lead the line.

Well it's not like it was a 50-50 split with carries between him and Ballard. Up until these last 2 or 3 weeks, Brown was getting the majority of the carries, like every other starting back in the NFL.

True, the real problem has been (up till the last 2 weeks) the pass heavy play calling, only 1 game has either one of our top 2 Backs had 20 carries, to me I just see Brown as a more complete Back, I dont get why some say he is not a between the Tackles runner because he can clearly do both, Now obviously out in space he can change a game in one carry but he can also get the tough 3rd and short or medium yards if the blocking is there

eh that fumble was the first of his career and was more of a good play then it was Ballard being clumsy with the football but then it does show how good Brown is at taking care of the football especially seeing as how Brown is such a little guy, 1 fumble in 45 games 15 of those being starts