Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Monster ahead of schedule

HtownColt

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=afcsouth&id=42844

An ESPN article on how we are ahead of schedule of our rebuilding process.

"It’s hard not to feel good for them all. Start with general manager Ryan Grigson, who’s pieced together a likeable group of fighters, some of whom are overmatched and won’t be around for the long term but have plugged in as functional pieces of a team with an emphasis on being a family.

Here's an example: A preseason knee injury knocked left guard Joe Reitz out of the starting lineup. Sunday, when Coby Fleener was knocked out of the game with a shoulder injury, Reitz stepped in as the team’s second tight end. No, he hasn’t been working there in practice, he said. He just stays familiar with the basic plays for just such an emergency situation. "

Great article, minus the grammatical error of "Luke"

Luke made plays repeatedly in this game from a collapsing pocket, with salivating pass-rushers either hanging on him or on the verge of delivering a shot. Frequently, he wasn’t able to set his feet or step into throws. But he got them where they needed to be anyway.

Loved the article. Not the fact that its positive praise. I'm liking what I'm hearing from the coaches about the team. It was an ugly win, but I like our team. I wanna say feisty, scrappy? Either way I'm lovin it!

Go Colts!

Great article, minus the grammatical error of "Luke"

Luke made plays repeatedly in this game from a collapsing pocket, with salivating pass-rushers either hanging on him or on the verge of delivering a shot. Frequently, he wasn’t able to set his feet or step into throws. But he got them where they needed to be anyway.

Loved the article. Not the fact that its positive praise. I'm liking what I'm hearing from the coaches about the team. It was an ugly win, but I like our team. I wanna say feisty, scrappy? Either way I'm lovin it!

Go Colts!

There is thread to give Luck a nickname. They've found it. Luke. Lucky Luke.

Chicago, Houston twice, New England, Green Bay, Mnnesota, Jets, Miami, Detroit, Tennessee twice......not mediocre...espeically for a team in transition like the Colts....

let's be real here Jets, Titans, and Lions all suck..we've been blessed with the schedule we have this season especially considering we play the Texans so late in the season where by that time we should be a much improved team and the Texans would have a already clinched a playoff spot..that's not to discredit the team but let's be real here..

There is thread to give Luck a nickname. They've found it. Luke. Lucky Luke.

Just to further this, my son's name is Lucas, he is 4(almost 5). Not the one in my profile picture, that monkey is older, anyways, I was under certain scrutiny when we named Luke because, well, the Colts had just completed Lucas Oil Field. Mind you, I would never name my child after a sports arena. Just not my style, he was named Lucas because it was a name we liked and it went well on him. All that being said, Lucky Luke! LOL Just seems homey to me and I like it! LOL The Lucas Oil Field just ties the "Luck" and the "Luke" together! LOL I just had to share! :D On another note, the boy in the picture, oddly enough, had to come a month early to catch the first preseason game in '06! :D Football is pretty popular at my house! LOL

Lots of mediocre teams on the schedule this year.

If we win our next two games that will put us at 6-3 with seven games to play. Of those seven the Colts have three they "should" win in a road trip to KC and then home games with the Bills and Titans. If they win those that makes them 9-3 with four games at the Lions, Pats, Texans and a home game with the Texans. If they steal one of those that's 10-6 which would almost be a lock to get in the playoffs this year in the AFC. In fact that would probably make them the number five seed. That's a lot to ask but not out of the realm of possibility.

If we win our next two games that will put us at 6-3 with seven games to play. Of those seven the Colts have three they "should" win in a road trip to KC and then home games with the Bills and Titans. If they win those that makes them 9-3 with four games at the Lions, Pats, Texans and a home game with the Texans. If they steal one of those that's 10-6 which would almost be a lock to get in the playoffs this year in the AFC. In fact that would probably make them the number five seed. That's a lot to ask but not out of the realm of possibility.

Well, the one thing i have learned from watching a few decades of sports is that the young teams that are still trying to find an identity will confound the "experts", and I expect the same from this team. They haven't really learned how to be consistent and they'll do things like come from behind and beat a good Packers team and then lose the next week to a train wreck in the Jets. Some of that is also learning how to win on the road, and they may have just learned a valuable lesson yesterday.

I think we could end up going 5 - 4 over the rest of the season but i'm sure i'll be scratching my head some weekends saying "what the heck just happened???!". This will continue to be a rollercoaster ride of a season, but i'm really loving the team Grigson has put together. "Scrappy"? Yeah, i think i can go with that. This team is really in it until the last series of downs. Ya' have to like that!!

-d.