Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

texans could lose

SLILLINGTON10

i can co-sign that

I'm sorry but this puzzles me. I haven't heard anything about obvious, legitimate weaknesses. I haven't noticed any myself, none at all, well, not till Cushing went out. So now I ask you genuinely: What flaws are so blatantly obvious that it's absurd when us "hicks" ignore them?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Packers had a cocky attitude going into half time, look how that turned out. All of a sudden our low ranked, depleted secondary shuts down Aaron Rogers with the help of front 7 applying the pressure. If the Texans have that same attitude against GB, we will probably see an upset.

But really I strongly doubt they are overlooking anyone, especially GB.

Scoffing at the idea that we could lose to the same Packers who lost to the Colts last week. Is it wrong to scoff at that? If the Packers were playing like last year I wouldn't take them so lightly but come on now. If the Colts can do it so can we.

In a word, yes.

There are multiple reasons why it's wrong: they just got gut-punched by an inferior team in the second half; they are still a really good team with really good players; they're quarterback is mobile and can avoid your pass rush with his legs; you have only played one really good quarterback this season, and that offense put up 23 points on you, etc.

The Texans are and should be favored in this game. But, like every week, it's not a matter of whether you can win. I think the Colts just proved that you can win every week. That doesn't mean you will win. I'm sure the coaches and players aren't nearly as dismissive as you are that the Packers can beat them. You take them lightly, but that's unreasonable on your part.

The Texans are and should be favored in this game. But, like every week, it's not a matter of whether you can win. I think the Colts just proved that you can win every week. That doesn't mean you will win. I'm sure the coaches and players aren't nearly as dismissive as you are that the Packers can beat them. You take them lightly, but that's unreasonable on your part.

Dude, this is a near trap game for us. Packers fans are all saying they really need this game because if they don't, the Bears might take the division. Rodgers is feeling the heat and is backed up against the wall.

Meanwhile, we're sitting pretty undefeated and can afford to lose a game.

It's not Jets desperation but the Packers know that they need this game bad.

So why in the world would I feel safe about this game?

Dude, this is a near trap game for us. Packers fans are all saying they really need this game because if they don't, the Bears might take the division. Rodgers is feeling the heat and is backed up against the wall.

Meanwhile, we're sitting pretty undefeated and can afford to lose a game.

It's not Jets desperation but the Packers know that they need this game bad.

So why in the world would I feel safe about this game?

You might not have noticed, because I didn't type it in obnoxiously large bold and italic print, but I was responding to your fellow Texans fan who clearly feels safe about this game. Not only that, but he has determined that the team has no weaknesses.

All that you post is true. It's a tough game for your team, given the circumstances. If it were in Green Bay, I'd pick the Packers. But it's NOT in Green Bay. I don't doubt that the Texans can beat the Packers; unless they are completely dominated in every phase of the game, I'll continue to believe that the Texans are better whether they win or not.

You might not have noticed, because I didn't type it in obnoxiously large bold and italic print, but I was responding to your fellow Texans fan who clearly feels safe about this game. Not only that, but he has determined that the team has no weaknesses.

All that you post is true. It's a tough game for your team, given the circumstances. If it were in Green Bay, I'd pick the Packers. But it's NOT in Green Bay. I don't doubt that the Texans can beat the Packers; unless they are completely dominated in every phase of the game, I'll continue to believe that the Texans are better whether they win or not.

I knew you were talking to him, but you've already quoted me as saying I feel like we can't lose this game anyway.

I knew you were talking to him, but you've already quoted me as saying I feel like we can't lose this game anyway.

I said you scoffed at the idea that the Texans could lose. And you did.

Never mind that, though. That's micro. The OP said that, given the circumstances, the Texans could lose one or both of their next two games. I think that's entirely possible. I also think that the Texans are the best team in the AFC, maybe in the NFL period. But you have two good teams that you're getting ready to face, and we have two (or maybe four or five) not so good teams we're getting ready to face. And by the time you come out of your bye, maybe we're tied for the division lead at 5-2. Macro.

And I doubt that. I don't think we win our next three games, and I don't think you lose both of your next two. Maybe one. And even if that were to happen, I'd still think the Texans were better. Maybe not the best in the AFC anymore, but still the best in the division. It's not about cutting the Texans down. It's about Colts fans considering whether the division is still in play or not. And technically, it is. But don't let us say that, because then here you come, incredulous that Colts fans would dare to ponder -- on their own fan site -- whether they still can win their division.

It's the same old dance. I don't understand why you don't get it. Give us our site to be optimistic. You'll still get plenty of credit for being a dang good team. But every instance of Colts fans mentioning the Texans doesn't have to turn into a web brawl over whether the Texans are legendary or not.

I said you scoffed at the idea that the Texans could lose. And you did.

Never mind that, though. That's micro. The OP said that, given the circumstances, the Texans could lose one or both of their next two games. I think that's entirely possible. I also think that the Texans are the best team in the AFC, maybe in the NFL period. But you have two good teams that you're getting ready to face, and we have two (or maybe four or five) not so good teams we're getting ready to face. And by the time you come out of your bye, maybe we're tied for the division lead at 5-2. Macro.

And I doubt that. I don't think we win our next three games, and I don't think you lose both of your next two. Maybe one. And even if that were to happen, I'd still think the Texans were better. Maybe not the best in the AFC anymore, but still the best in the division. It's not about cutting the Texans down. It's about Colts fans considering whether the division is still in play or not. And technically, it is. But don't let us say that, because then here you come, incredulous that Colts fans would dare to ponder -- on their own fan site -- whether they still can win their division.

It's the same old dance. I don't understand why you don't get it. Give us our site to be optimistic. You'll still get plenty of credit for being a dang good team. But every instance of Colts fans mentioning the Texans doesn't have to turn into a web brawl over whether the Texans are legendary or not.

Lol, again, I scoffed at the double standard...my words were big enough.

I can't believe you haven't figured out what a cynic I am. That's the realists way. Before the season started I said I'd take 5-2 at the bye and I'm sticking to it. Do we have a chance to go 7-0? Yes. A chance at 5-2? Sure. This GB game scares me because of how motivated they will be. The Jets scared me more, honestly. A beaten down team with nothing to lose and everything to prove is the most dangerous of all.

'Legendary' ha! I do scoff at that. How ignorant I would be to proclaim that. You know better than this. Do not fall prey to a short-term memory. I have made many, unbiased, level-headed posts regarding the Colts and Texans. I remember many, but many do not have what I possess. My storage space is bigger than most.

I will represent my team in a calm way but I do get heated when people blatantly state inaccuracies about them

Edited by Nadine
baiting

In a word, yes.

There are multiple reasons why it's wrong: they just got gut-punched by an inferior team in the second half; they are still a really good team with really good players; they're quarterback is mobile and can avoid your pass rush with his legs; you have only played one really good quarterback this season, and that offense put up 23 points on you, etc.

Well I guess it's a good thing I'm not a player then. They were gut-punched, as you said, by an inferior team. I don't see why it's asinine to suggest that a superior team can and will do the same.

Pssh. Tell me where I said I believe the Texans have no weaknesses?

I can't believe you haven't figured out what a cynic I am. That's the realists way. Before the season started I said I'd take 5-2 at the bye and I'm sticking to it. Do we have a chance to go 7-0? Yes. A chance at 5-2? Sure. This GB game scares me because of how motivated they will be. The Jets scared me more, honestly. A beaten down team with nothing to lose and everything to prove is the most dangerous of all.

'Legendary' ha! I do scoff at that. How ignorant I would be to proclaim that. You know better than this. Do not fall prey to a short-term memory. I have made many, unbiased, level-headed posts regarding the Colts and Texans. I remember many, but many do not have what I possess. My storage space is bigger than most.

I will represent my team in a calm way but I do get heated when people blatantly state inaccuracies about them

Exactly.

i wasn't that impress with houston and i think we will beat them. watt is great but that secondary isn't as good as i thought it would be. the loss of cushing will hurt them in passing situations but they'll still be top 10. offensively if u stop foster on 1st down and force shaub into more shotgun situations he'll be more likely to turn the ball over. the texans are good but no where near the best team in the nfl like some guys are saying. i think the 49ers,giants,ravens,patriots, and bears would beat them if they met in the playoffs.

i wasn't that impress with houston and i think we will beat them. watt is great but that secondary isn't as good as i thought it would be. the loss of cushing will hurt them in passing situations but they'll still be top 10. offensively if u stop foster on 1st down and force shaub into more shotgun situations he'll be more likely to turn the ball over. the texans are good but no where near the best team in the nfl like some guys are saying. i think the 49ers,giants,ravens,patriots, and bears would beat them if they met in the playoffs.

Okay. That's fine, everyone has an opinion. Concerning Schaub's likelihood to turn the ball over...you're talking of the man who has 2 INTs in the last nine games he's played? We didn't play our best football on Monday, unfortunately, so I see why you believe our secondary isn't very good. We live off of play-action and unexpected football plays. Heck, our signature move is the play-action, and we utilize it on first down a lot. We aren't the typical team that always rushes the elite RB on first and second down. Schaub has a tendency to squeeze the ball sometimes but he knows when to dump it off or bomb it downfield, thankfully. I like our chances against the Giants, Ravens, Patriots, and Bears, especially when it comes to our d-line v.s. the Bears' o. The 49ers would be an intriguing match-up for us, and I hope it happens for the LT this season.

Do not forget that the Texans haven't play a good football team yet so, I am not sold on the apparent fact that they are as good as advertised. I am not saying that we can win the division either but we will have to see how the Texans stack up against the better teams.

I'm sorry but this puzzles me. I haven't heard anything about obvious, legitimate weaknesses. I haven't noticed any myself, none at all, well, not till Cushing went out. So now I ask you genuinely: What flaws are so blatantly obvious that it's absurd when us "hicks" ignore them?

First off I dont call Texans fans "Hicks" thats wasn't me, because my whole family is Texans fans except for 2 cowboys fans so I wouldnt name call any texans fans.

As for weaknesses that I see(personal opinion/observation) is:

1) still no legit #2 receiver threat(Owen Daniels doesn't count as a #2 receiver).

2) The right side of the line is too inconsistent thats why Ben Jones keeps rotating in with Caldwell.

3) NT is still a concern because Earl Mitchell and Shaun Cody isn't the answer thats why teams can run up the middle against the Texans

First off I dont call Texans fans "Hicks" thats wasn't me, because my whole family is Texans fans except for 2 cowboys fans so I wouldnt name call any texans fans.

1) still no legit #2 receiver threat(Owen Daniels doesn't count as a #2 receiver).

2) The left side of the line is too inconsistent thats why Ben Jones keeps rotating in with Caldwell.

3) NT is still a concern because Earl Mitchell and Shaun Cody isn't the answer thats why teams can run up the middle against the Texans

Don't worry, It wasn't a shot at you, not at all. I agree that we have no legit number two, but it is still early in the season. Walter has looked good so far and I'm hoping Martin develops to his full potential. As long as we have RBs with 7 scores between them this season, we aren't going to see many receiving TDs. I'm glad that Schaub can spread the ball though, because Daniels, Johnson, Walter, and Casey each have at least one touchdown. Caldwell is injured, I believe, he had a limited practice today, so that could explain the rotations. Hopefully we can shore that up as well. Shaun Cody has six tackles and Mitchell has five, not impressive numbers I know. That is definitely a weakness for us. While these may very well be weaknesses, I don't think that they are so glaring that it's ridiculous when the average fan does not notice them. If KJ was blowing coverage and playing ice hockey on the football field like his rookie year or if our LBs were allowing huge gains and rushing yardage or if our line wasn't getting pressure at all, then those would be glaring, horrible mistakes. With every weakness we have, I believe that they can be fixed, and they definitely shouldn't be believed to be so extreme as to crown guys like Flacco and Stafford to tear us up.

Edited by Nadine

Don't worry, It wasn't a shot at you, not at all. I agree that we have no legit number two, but it is still early in the season. Walter has looked good so far and I'm hoping Martin develops to his full potential. As long as we have RBs with 7 scores between them this season, we aren't going to see many receiving TDs. I'm glad that Schaub can spread the ball though, because Daniels, Johnson, Walter, and Casey each have at least one touchdown. Caldwell is injured, I believe, he had a limited practice today, so that could explain the rotations. Hopefully we can shore that up as well. Shaun Cody has six tackles and Mitchell has five, not impressive numbers I know. That is definitely a weakness for us. While these may very well be weaknesses, I don't think that they are so glaring that it's ridiculous when the average fan does not notice them. If KJ was blowing coverage and playing ice hockey on the football field like his rookie year or if our LBs were allowing huge gains and rushing yardage or if our line wasn't getting pressure at all, then those would be glaring, horrible mistakes. With every weakness we have, I believe that they can be fixed, and they definitely shouldn't be believed to be so extreme as to crown guys like Flacco and Stafford to tear us up.

they are not glaring but they are weaknesses. Like ya'll rank 26th against runs up the middle according to Football Outsiders. And ya'll never run right(understandably so when you average 5+ yards running left I wouldn't run right either) they also run left more to set up that naked bootleg as well thats a reason why the unbalance runs to the left rather the right

Edited by Nadine

they are not glaring but they are weaknesses. Like ya'll rank 26th against runs up the middle according to Football Outsiders. And ya'll never run right(understandably so when you average 5+ yards running left I wouldn't run right either) they also run left more to set up that naked bootleg as well thats a reason why the unbalance runs to the left rather the right

Yeah I'm not surprised with the part about the bootleg. Didn't know we were ranked 26th though, that's just intolerable lol.

Do not forget that the Texans haven't play a good football team yet so, I am not sold on the apparent fact that they are as good as advertised. I am not saying that we can win the division either but we will have to see how the Texans stack up against the better teams.

By that statement, the Falcons haven't played a good team either. Because I consider Miami and Denver to be good teams.

That strikes me as revisionist, but let's go with it. The thing is that this is a Colts board. If you consider your greatest contribution to this board to be your ability to point out somewhat myopic double standards among Colts fans, that's really too bad.

None of that comes across in your initial post. I can't believe you don't realize that.

Again, this is a Colts board. Getting heated because of a perceived slight from a poster seems like a misappropriation of your attention.

Well I guess it's a good thing I'm not a player then. They were gut-punched, as you said, by an inferior team. I don't see why it's asinine to suggest that a superior team can and will do the same.

You're flipping this around. No one here is up in arms because you dare to suggest that the Texans could beat the Packers. You are up in arms because someone suggested the Packers could beat the Texans, and, by extension, that the division is still in play.

Pssh. Tell me where I said I believe the Texans have no weaknesses?

I'm sorry but this puzzles me. I haven't heard anything about obvious, legitimate weaknesses. I haven't noticed any myself, none at all, well, not till Cushing went out.

Ask, and you shall receive.

Agreed. They are weak in the secondary, undersized & prone to being outphysicaled on the DL (see Chris Johnson gashing them for 140+ yards), weak on the right side of the OL, and have no depth whatsoever at WR.

I am very confident that the following teams are superior to the Houston Texans:

New England

Baltimore

Chicago

Green Bay

New York Giants

San Francisco

Atlanta

2) The right side of the line is too inconsistent thats why Ben Jones keeps rotating in with Caldwell.

1) True

2) True

3) True

Tell this to a Texan fan, though. They would prefer to plug their ears and scream so they can't hear you, which in turn would make these weaknesses cease to exist.....lol

You're flipping this around. No one here is up in arms because you dare to suggest that the Texans could beat the Packers. You are up in arms because someone suggested the Packers could beat the Texans, and, by extension, that the division is still in play.

No, the dumb reasons that I saw warranted a response. Can we lose? Yes. I've said that how many times now...

it must be tough to be a texans fan.. not having a message board and all

It must be tough to be a Colts fan...rebuilding and all. Don't worry, you guys will see the postseason again. Watch out for Gabbert though, he seems to have the Colts number.

1) True

2) True

3) True

Tell this to a Texan fan, though. They would prefer to plug their ears and scream so they can't hear you, which in turn would make these weaknesses cease to exist.....lol

I'm guessing you missed the post I responded to him with. Whatever dude, you're not even worth arguing with.

*Looks at Thread* Well, I see we're still having the Debate about the Texans being 5-0, Playing Good Teams, Losing this Week, Etc. Etc.

:sigh: IF you guys need me, I'll be in another Topic or something

This debate will go on all the way till the end of the season. If the Texans win the Lombardi, it'll be " Oh, San Francisco never had great QB play...it was beginner's luck" Both but the latter excuse especially seems to be the kind of response that the mindset of plenty here would elicit, unfortunately...

1) True

2) True

3) True

Yuh? Then how come I agree with all his points? I'm a Texans fan. Wuh oh, did that just destroy your universe?

132248708314.gif

I just posted this over at the Texans forum.

We've seen over the past week or so how dangerous desperate teams can be.

We played a Jets team against the wall, that many thought we would blow out. Never back a dog into a corner, they'll fight their hardest, right? The Jets did that and even though we won because we had too much talent for them to handle, it was close.

We've now seen it tonight with the Titans against the Steelers. Realistically, if they lost this, their season was done. Things could obviously change but it would have been near impossible to get into the playoffs at 1-5. They played hard against a beat up team and pulled out the win.

Also, never underestimate a team with heart and a reason to fight. We saw it with the Colts last week.

This game for Green Bay may be a must-win; their fans certainly think so. We're going to have to be extremely sharp because their backs are close to that wall.

There is reason to believe this may be our first loss of the season. But it won't be because we aren't a good football team, or we have enough holes to sink a ship. They just might want it more. And there's no shame in losing to a good team, as long as you execute, all you can say is they played better.

It must be tough to be a Colts fan...rebuilding and all. Don't worry, you guys will see the postseason again. Watch out for Gabbert though, he seems to have the Colts number.

Haahahahahaha this is your second winning season! Second!!! And you act like that?

It must be hard for Texans fans to have had to live like 20 years of rebuilding. And that every qb in the nfl had your number

Haahahahahaha this is your second winning season! Second!!! And you act like that?

It must be hard for Texans fans to have had to live like 20 years of rebuilding. And that every qb in the nfl had your number

Hahahahaha too bad we haven't been in existence for 20 years! How about you go call out the other poster who had to make this personal between teams, otherwise no need to waste my time since you obviously have no knowledge about my team other than the fact that this is our, um, third winning season so far.

Personally speaking, if there are any Colts fans who "aren't worried" about the Texans then they're crazy. IMO the Texans are definitely the "team to beat" in the AFC this year.

I hope so, but with all this attention comes bigger game plans from teams to beat you. They know what you're about and they try to stop it...hopefully the Texans can rise to the challenge.

They haven't had a winning season this year yet.

In the entire history of their franchise, they've had one good season......and that one was handed to them on a silver platter by a) them having the second easiest schedule in the entire NFL and b) Peyton Manning being out for the season. Deep down they know this, thus the insecurity you find in nearly any Texan fan you come across.