Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rg3 vs Luck

NewEra

I guess the Redskins have a lot in common with "Flyover Country football"

Now that Peyton is gone, any team from the NFC Beast would dominate the AFC East year after year. So much parity in the NFC, can't say the same for the weak AFC.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing to put to rest. I'm psyched we got Luck and he was my choice, but I'm also an RG3 fan. Ragging on Griffin isn't going to make me a bigger Luck fan, and there's no reason they both can't be great players. I wish RG3 the best of luck and I'm sorry to see him get injured.

Well put! I will never understand why Luck fans feel the need to rag on Griffin.

You think me for my irrelevant opinion? Hilarious, call me out for a typo will you...One thing is for sure, the Redskins have never sucked as bad as the Colts. Never held the #1 overall pick, and after that obvious tank job, the Colts should have been stripped of the pick. Starting Painter almost the entire year was a joke. The Colts are lucky and play in one of the historically worst divisions in football. The Jaguars and Titans and Texans oh my...Flyover Country football kind of sucks...

Your not going to last long around here , enjoy your trolling.

Your not going to last long around here , enjoy your trolling.

I couldn't care less about the Colts and I like Andrew Luck. But after all the vitriol and hate spewed on this site and others by Colts' fans towards RG3, I enjoy coming here and reminding this fanbase that the team they cheer picked wrong, and Washington thanks them for their selection. I don't plan on staying long anyhow loluck

As a matter of fact, Russell Wilson looks more promising...

I couldn't care less about the Colts and I like Andrew Luck. But after all the vitriol and hate spewed on this site and others by Colts' fans towards RG3, I enjoy coming here and reminding this fanbase that the team they cheer picked wrong, and Washington thanks them for their selection. I don't plan on staying long anyhow loluck

You know, neither me nor most of the Colts' fans hate RGIII.

But I would see RGIII only once behind our current O-line. He wouldn't look better.

Coming here and insulting fans is just wasting time.

You know, neither me nor most of the Colts' fans hate RGIII.

But I would see RGIII only once behind our current O-line. He wouldn't look better.

Coming here and insulting fans is just wasting time.

The Redskins are working with a makeshift line. Only Trent Williams (who is playing at a very high level) is worthy of being a starter in the NFL.

RG3 hate? That's not very accurate. Most posters give specific reasons why they like Lucks game over RG3, that's not hate. And this is Colts forum so naturally people are going to like Luck over other rookies. Coming back saying we tanked on purpose and should've been stripped of the pick is over the top.

rg3 is running the option which is a glorified version of the wildcat,just a matter of time before it gets figured out. luck is running all types of formations and has better pocket presence, but one thing rg3 has over him is the deep ball.other then that i think luck has looked better overall but keep in mind that the colts were the worst team in the nfl last year with 2 wins and already matched that. the redskins has more talent then the colts because of the high draft picks they get every year. luck is playing with a bunch of castoffs and backups but making the most of what he can with those guys.

rg3 is running the option which is a glorified version of the wildcat,just a matter of time before it gets figured out. luck is running all types of formations and has better pocket presence, but one thing rg3 has over him is the deep ball.other then that i think luck has looked better overall but keep in mind that the colts were the worst team in the nfl last year with 2 wins and already matched that. the redskins has more talent then the colts because of the high draft picks they get every year. luck is playing with a bunch of castoffs and backups but making the most of what he can with those guys.

Just curious, what makes you think anything you have just written is true with regards to RG3 and also the Redskins offense? The option is just one of the many looks the Redskins run. Better pocket presence?

Edited by Coltssouth
language

despite rg3 having a stronger arm luck passes more I think they both will be good

I agree. They both have the drive needed as well. Luck's arm strength is an issue, but his arm will get stronger. Look how much Brady's evolved over the years.

He looks promising with M. Lynch, #1 defense and replacements refs.

Just curious, what makes you think anything you have just written is true with regards to RG3 and also the Redskins offense? The option is just one of the many looks the Redskins run. Better pocket presence?

that's basically the redskins main formation the option. luck is out there running 5wr sets, hurry up offense, all types of diffrent formations. rg3 has a great deep ball maybe 2nd to only cam but he's not as polished as luck is and he runs around too much the guy is gonna get hurt.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/44481/rg3-developing-faster-than-andrew-luck

The stats show Luck takes longer to get rid of the ball than Griffin and throws the ball down the field a lot more than Griffin. This suggests Luck is pressing too much and not recognizing when to check down as quickly as Griffin is. Griffin, in part, is doing a better job of quickly recognizing when he has a good opportunity to go deep and when he needs to get rid of the ball. This gives Griffin the current edge as both players strive to fulfill the promise of the draft slots.

Still, both rookies are performing at an extremely high level, and all signs point to both of them continuing to progress toward the levels of the Mannings and Bradys of the league. Griffin is the early leader out of the gate, but both will get there eventually. And when they do, we'll be comparing which elite QB is better.

If it weren't for lo-luck, I'd have no Luck at all! :gloomy: Gloom despair and agony on Colts fans! :) I am shedding tears right now that we selected Luck. :Cry: Both teams made their decisions. Both QBs are good people.....and they will both do their respective teams proud.

I hope RG3 does not get the concussion bug.......once you start....a bad deal......good start for Russell Wilson, but 2 weeks ago every analyst had him to the bench for Flynn. RG3 got rocked in the Alamo Bowl....rocked 2 weeks ago....and Wilson is even more small......gonna get rocked...ask Drew Brees....

I for one am happy with our pick....I still miss 18....and I wish RG3 well........Please do not continue to :stir:!!! These QBs will be compared 4-ever....just because of the draft. :wave: Bye Bye now...seeya after 18 or 19 posts. :)

I agree. They both have the drive needed as well. Luck's arm strength is an issue, but his arm will get stronger. Look how much Brady's evolved over the years.

Luck's arm strength is not an issue...the dude can throw the ball 70 yards!!! Just because he doesn't launch the ball around for the heck of it like Cutler, doesn't mean he doesn't have arm strength. Luck throws a catchable ball. "Arm Strength" is overrated anyway.....