Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

when or why are we not using tight end sets?

hambone35

Reggie has been targeted 2 games

Avery one game

Fleener one game

Allen one game

Hilton one game

Maybe some method to the madness.

Andrew and his receivers are far from in sinc based on all the incompletions. Andrew is NOT Leading with his throws well at all. Practice .... .....

Year two will be much better, IMO.

Avery one game

Fleener one game

Allen one game

Hilton one game

Andrew and his receivers are far from in sinc based on all the incompletions. Andrew is NOT Leading with his throws well at all. Practice .... .....

BBS....

Good observations on Andrew.... but I give you my word his struggles are not due to a lack of practice.

It's the speed of the game, and the speed that Luck has to process the information that he's seeing.

Among Luck's better qualities is that (A) he throws a very catchable ball, and (B) he puts it in a place where the receiver can catch it, and turn and run for great yardage....

But we're not seeing much of that. Believe me I've noticed that. And I've got no doubt it's due to the speed of the game. Right now, it's too fast. It's going to slow down eventually. Some this year. But much more for season two and even more for season three. I know we all want it by the next game, that's the nature of being a fan. But it will come.

Right now you're seeing Luck 2009. Good to very good, but not great. Great is coming. Wait 'till you see Luck 2010 and 2011. Wow. Special is coming. I promise.

He needs to adjust to the speed and that will come with time and experience. I know I'm a broken record on this, my apologies. But I think it can't be said enough.

OK, mini-rant over! :rantoff::thmup:

BBS....

Good observations on Andrew.... but I give you my word his struggles are not due to a lack of practice.

It's the speed of the game, and the speed that Luck has to process the information that he's seeing.

Among Luck's better qualities is that (A) he throws a very catchable ball, and (B) he puts it in a place where the receiver can catch it, and turn and run for great yardage....

But we're not seeing much of that. Believe me I've noticed that. And I've got no doubt it's due to the speed of the game. Right now, it's too fast. It's going to slow down eventually. Some this year. But much more for season two and even more for season three. I know we all want it by the next game, that's the nature of being a fan. But it will come.

Right now you're seeing Luck 2009. Good to very good, but not great. Great is coming. Wait 'till you see Luck 2010 and 2011. Wow. Special is coming. I promise.

He needs to adjust to the speed and that will come with time and experience. I know I'm a broken record on this, my apologies. But I think it can't be said enough.

OK, mini-rant over! :rantoff::thmup:

All good points. Luck really needs to work on not staring down his intended target. I'm 100% confident that he will, given time. He seems to really be struggling to complete crossing routes and timing patterns wherein keeping the safeties away from his primary target is paramount to making a completion.

The issue, as you so well described above, is mostly the speed of the game. The Kids smart....he'll be suckering safeties like a boss in no time flat.

Avery one game

Fleener one game

Allen one game

Hilton one game

I think Luck just spreads the ball around.

Good for our offense, bad for fantasy football.

All good points. Luck really needs to work on not staring down his intended target. I'm 100% confident that he will, given time. He seems to really be struggling to complete crossing routes and timing patterns wherein keeping the safeties away from his primary target is paramount to making a completion.

The issue, as you so well described above, is mostly the speed of the game. The Kids smart....he'll be suckering safeties like a boss in no time flat.

Yup....

He's stared down more receivers in the first three weeks than I think he did the last two years at Stanford. Even some of the passes he's thrown to receivers who have dropped them, some of those seem like bad passes... more off target... too low, too high, too far behind the receiver... not in a spot where the receiver can make the catch and keep running.

I think some of that is the physical pressure he's under.... a well below average pass blocking line that gives him so little time. And a sense that he's got to make things happen passing, because our running game is so very poor. So, it's pass successfully or the offense bogs down. Lots of pressure for a rookie QB.

All in all, I think Andrew is handling it well. He's a classy kid who will NEVER shift the blame elsewhere. As he did Sunday, he'll say it's my fault. He's a leader. But I'm absolutely confident things will get better. I'll say it over and over, week after week. Things will get better.

Good for our offense, bad for fantasy football.

Fantasy football is bad for football.

So sick of this greedy trick so many are falling for. When I turn on the NFL Network and realize that for the next hour they're going to be talking about a childish betting endeavor, aptly named "fantasy", I just feel sick.

So sick of this greedy trick so many are falling for. When I turn on the NFL Network and realize that for the next hour they're going to be talking about a childish betting endeavor, aptly named "fantasy", I just feel sick.

How is it bad? I am more interested in pedestrian games and the league has more of my attention. Win/win.

Avery one game

Fleener one game

Allen one game

Hilton one game

This was something i talked about during the preseason. He definitely is not leading the receivers. He throws at them. That was my issue with the donald brown drop.

Seeing as Luck gets pressured to often and doesn't have enough time to go through his progressions, TE's are being used to block instead of being used in the passing game. I would like to see Arians use them more as Block and release that way luck has other options but until the line shapes up i don't expect this.

Agreed! I find it pathetic that most of the sports channels have special shows dedicated only to fantasy football!

Agreed! I find it pathetic that most of the sports channels have special shows dedicated only to fantasy football!

Take that sport that we watch for entertainment!

To be fair I would like to see more stuff the quality of the NFL films, instead of fantasy football guesswork.