Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Looking ahead to the Packers

Jules

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you watched the Saints play the Packers, Brees totally exposed that defense to show as bad as it truly is.

I'll call it right now; Reggie Wayne is going to have a huge day as long as Luck gets the ball out to him. The Packers defense is still very bad from last year, and the Saints totally proved that. Those guys are missing their coach and overall their WR's are not that good outside of Colston, and they still shredded them to pieces.

Greg Jennings might be out. Can't hurt if he misses the game, especially given the uncertainty the Colts have at CB.

Packers | Greg Jennings could sit out Week 5

Mon, 01 Oct 2012 13:10:46 -0700

Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy indicated WR Greg Jennings (groin) could sit out Week 5 to allow his groin to heal. Jennings left the Week 4 game early because the groin injury flared up and did not allow him to run at full stride.

If you watched the Saints play the Packers, Brees totally exposed that defense to show as bad as it truly is.

I'll call it right now; Reggie Wayne is going to have a huge day as long as Luck gets the ball out to him. The Packers defense is still very bad from last year, and the Saints totally proved that. Those guys are missing their coach and overall their WR's are not that good outside of Colston, and they still shredded them to pieces.

But brees is an elite quarterback Luck makes some good throws then has a few misses he isnt on that level yet. once he starts completing 71 percent of his passes again and throwing next to no interceptions then he'll be the best.

I think the Packers run into a buzzsaw Sunday. This first game without Pagan will have the players giving everything they have to win it for him. It may not last all season, but for this first game I can see it happen. Their line (no offense to Saturday) isnt that great. IF Freeney is near 100%, they will cause havoc. You have to get to him! Bc with their weapons and our secondary, we will get torn apart if we don't get pressure. This is not the Packers machine from a year ago. They barely beat the Saints who have a TERRIBLE defense. But the Packers D can be thrown on, and if our line can give Luck some time, I can see an upset. Its optimistic and homeristic, but it is my gut feeling. The Packers have been inconsistent this season.

But brees is an elite quarterback Luck makes some good throws then has a few misses he isnt on that level yet. once he starts completing 71 percent of his passes again and throwing next to no interceptions then he'll be the best.

Saints WR's are another thing. Watching Brees week to week the last 5 years, he can make them look a lot better than they truly are.

Last year GB ranked dead last in the league on defense and got shredded by a number of average Qb's. Have faith, and stay positive thinking...I don't see where the Colts are all that bad so far.

Saints WR's are another thing. Watching Brees week to week the last 5 years, he can make them look a lot better than they truly are.

Last year GB ranked dead last in the league on defense and got shredded by a number of average Qb's. Have faith, and stay positive thinking...I don't see where the Colts are all that bad so far.

our players have had a few games to get the new system, we should get better every game.

Yes there will be changes that is a certainty. No one takes over for a head coach and does everything the same.

That's just it he's not taking over he's filling in. There is a difference. Frankly we need to look no further than Jim Caldwell to see the example of this. When Caldwell filled in 2005 for Dungy he didn't change a thing and just ran Dungy's plans for him. When he took over as coach in 2009 he did change things. Chuck Pagano can't coach but you can bet your bottom dollar that as long as he has a phone that works he's going to be talking to coaches and helping as much as he can. Also Arians has already gone out of his way to say he's not going to change things and wants to keep things as close to normal as possible. He's not going to make big drastic changes and if he does you can believe Pagano is going to know about it and support it and would have made them himself if he was there. Yes we might see a few things different here or there that are in games things like Arains might go for it in a spot Pagano wouldn't or vice versa but frankly it's not going to be over whelming changes that I think some are expecting frankly the little things he does different from Pagano will probably be unnoticed to most fans.

Greg Jennings might be out. Can't hurt if he misses the game, especially given the uncertainty the Colts have at CB.

Packers | Greg Jennings could sit out Week 5

Mon, 01 Oct 2012 13:10:46 -0700

Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy indicated WR Greg Jennings (groin) could sit out Week 5 to allow his groin to heal. Jennings left the Week 4 game early because the groin injury flared up and did not allow him to run at full stride.

Seems only fair if we are playing without our head coach and maybe two of top three corners :).

But that really hasn't happened this year. Last year's Packers defense would have given 300 yards to probably every QB they've played thus far. The Packers are generated a lot more pressure than they did last year. They clearly aren't the same defense. That same Bears offense that completely destroyed the Colts in Week 1 was flat out overpowered and humiliated by the Packers defense.

Dude. Drew Brees threw for 460 yards against the 49ers in the playoffs. Is their defense garbage? Many consider that the best defense in the NFL and they couldn't stop Brees. Drew Brees is going to throw for a boat load of yards. They key is getting key stops and playing good red zone defense, which the Packers did. While the Saints WRs aren't the greatest they do have some threats out there. When you factor in their WRs with Jimmy Graham and Darren Sproles out of the backfield its darn near impossible to slow down that offense.

If you simply look at the Box Score you would see the Packers defense got shredded. If you actually watched the game though it was a different story. The Packers got key stops when they needed. The Packers won that game because they scored TDs and made the Saints kick FGs. The Saints only scored two TDs in four trips to the red zone. The Packers scored TDs in four out of five trips to the red zone. The Packers shut the Saints out for the last 13 minutes of the game. In last year's head to head matchup they darn near gave up a 15 point lead late in the game. This year they flat out shut the Saints out for almost the entire 4th quarter. That's hard to do. That is when Drew Brees is on. I've seen that guy slice right through a defense for a bunch of yards and points late in games.

In theory it should be a good game. Saints lost by 1 to the Pack, and THE WORST DEFENSE IN THE NFL (NOLA) only surrendered 28 points. Indy is currently ranked 18th in total D. However NOLA's offense is 8th while we're at 17th in total O. Green Bay has the 20th best offense in the league, but the 8th best D. I think the game will be closer than what people are willing to give us credit for. We'll see anyways.

But that really hasn't happened this year. Last year's Packers defense would have given 300 yards to probably every QB they've played thus far. The Packers are generated a lot more pressure than they did last year. They clearly aren't the same defense. That same Bears offense that completely destroyed the Colts in Week 1 was flat out overpowered and humiliated by the Packers defense.

Dude. Drew Brees threw for 460 yards against the 49ers in the playoffs. Is their defense garbage? Many consider that the best defense in the NFL and they couldn't stop Brees. Drew Brees is going to throw for a boat load of yards. They key is getting key stops and playing good red zone defense, which the Packers did. While the Saints WRs aren't the greatest they do have some threats out there. When you factor in their WRs with Jimmy Graham and Darren Sproles out of the backfield its darn near impossible to slow down that offense.

If you simply look at the Box Score you would see the Packers defense got shredded. If you actually watched the game though it was a different story. The Packers got key stops when they needed. The Packers won that game because they scored TDs and made the Saints kick FGs. The Saints only scored two TDs in four trips to the red zone. The Packers scored TDs in four out of five trips to the red zone. The Packers shut the Saints out for the last 13 minutes of the game. In last year's head to head matchup they darn near gave up a 15 point lead late in the game. This year they flat out shut the Saints out for almost the entire 4th quarter. That's hard to do. That is when Drew Brees is on. I've seen that guy slice right through a defense for a bunch of yards and points late in games.

He knows, Bogie is a Saints fan after all. ;) He just thinks the Pack are a bit overrated. Thinks so this year and thought so last season. Heck he even called the Chiefs win over the Pack last year. Really.

Neither of us are really saying Luck is Brees (who is) or that there is a guarantee that the Colts can win. Just that the Pack have weaknesses and I personally still have to see more from that D to feel it is truly 100% improved. They needled Cutler last year too and stopped their run game. Heck I think they just have Jay's number right now until proven otherwise. Of course the Packers D is likely improved somewhat. You HAVE to improve when you are ranked dead last against the pass in 2011 and gave up 2 million yards per game.

Besides, the Packers o line is questionable. So is the Colts too though. That is why we need Freeney back........even if our CBs are banged up.

It looks like right now Freeney should be able to play Sunday since he practiced today fully.

If the Colts pass rush can get to Aaron and the Colts offense can put up more points then usual.......who knows.

I don't think the Pack are unbeatable even if it looks like the odds are stacked against the Colts. If the Colts do indeed pull off this upset Sunday then GB will have more then just the refs to complain about this time since it would be a serious damper on what is supposed to be a SB team at the moment and sink them to 2-3 as they head to Houston......(who they might look ahead too slightly)

We have had some good games vs. the Pack in the past too.

I=excited. Win or lose. The pressure is on GB. They have a tough game after this game in Houston and the Bears and Vikings have not gone away yet.....

packers-35.png Packers | Greg Jennings ruled out Thu Oct 4, 02:52 PM

Green Bay Packers WR Greg Jennings (groin) has been ruled out for Week 5.

Our view: Jennings needs to rest his groin and will get this week off. He may need even more time after that. In the meantime we'll see more from James Jones and Randall Cobb in Jennings place. We like both as WR3 or flex options this week against the Colts.

Link to story

Greg Jennings player page

:strong:

Here is how I look at it. One of these games......sometime.......we might have that offensive explosion. That breakout game on offense. I can feel it coming the more experience Andrew gains. Who knows when it happens though since so many tough games are coming up.

This would be a good time to have it though coming off a bye and at home vs. the Packers. Not saying it will happen but it would be a good time.

MVP #12 vs. rookie #12.......lets do this :number1:

So how bout that offensive explosion? :applause:

Good work boys. Now keep it up vs. the JETS.

Nice call. :thmup: