Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

On the 2 big plays surrendered by the D.....

ztboiler

OK - the winning TD is pretty easy to diagnose, but objectively who do you attribute the blown assignment to on MJD's long run? I'm curious, because its been called a breakdown by all, including the staff, but after watching it several times, it is also really beautiful execution by the Jags and I don't see an obvious missed assignment - just people blocked that I'd rather not see so easily blocked. The unblocked players are Freeman and Powers....maybe it starts there.

Easy. It was Zibby. Watch the angle he takes.

Just re-watched, and I can't argue with you there. Zibby allowed himself to get taken completely out of the play where he was the last line of defense. On take 2, I'd say it was a play that Freeman easily should have made too, and would lay the primary blame on him as an unblocked LB.

OK - the winning TD is pretty easy to diagnose, but objectively who do you attribute the blown assignment to on MJD's long run? I'm curious, because its been called a breakdown by all, including the staff, but after watching it several times, it is also really beautiful execution by the Jags and I don't see an obvious missed assignment - just people blocked that I'd rather not see so easily blocked. The unblocked players are Freeman and Powers....maybe it starts there.

Zib was suppose to fill that hole

I am not defending Zib but clearly the Jags recognized they had a complete miss match if we were counting on Zib to be there to take down MJD by himself. Safeties are called Safeties because they are supposed to be the last line of defense. There was a hole at the linebacker/frontline spot as well. We didn't get that gap covered and that goes on more than just Zib not that he did well on that play at all.

I am not defending Zib but clearly the Jags recognized they had a complete miss match if we were counting on Zib to be there to take down MJD by himself. Safeties are called Safeties because they are supposed to be the last line of defense. There was a hole at the linebacker/frontline spot as well. We didn't get that gap covered and that goes on more than just Zib not that he did well on that play at all.

I agree cant put all the blame on Zibi he took a poor angle, but Conner allowed himself to get washed, Freeman didnt get off the block quick enough and Bethea allowed himself to get taken out of the play. Can also argue that it was a perfectly executed play by the Jags.

I agree cant put all the blame on Zibi he took a poor angle, but Conner allowed himself to get washed, Freeman didnt get off the block quick enough and Bethea allowed himself to get taken out of the play. Can also argue that it was a perfectly executed play by the Jags.

Yes I can I agree like they said on the broadcast clearly they saw something and adjusted at half-time these aren't your JDR coached Jags anymore...

Again like I said I am not trying to excuse Zib I am just saying he wasn't the only player who made a mistake on that play and you did a great job laying out what the other guys did wrong.