Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kerry Collins Will Start If Peyton Cannot Go Game 1

chad72

c'mon Peyton! We need you buddy! I just hope our defense can hold Houston to 21 or less. If not, I don't feel that Collins will be able to lead us to more than 4 scores.

As long as those 4 scores are TDs, I think our D can hang :)

Nothing to me in that story than a little more from Wayne which just drives it home to me that Wayne was taking offense to a question where he probably felt like the media was wanting them to treat like Collins like he was the saviour for our back up QB situation. Wayne is a hard worker always has been so I don't think he likes the idea of anyone behing handed something and feels like they need to earn it and my guess is he didn't lik the questions he was getting which probably made it seem like Collins was behing handed the number two QB job.

well we all know that texans will most likely give the ball to foster and let him run all day, he'll be looking to prove that last year wasn't just a fluke, so if we can shut him OR their QB down, its our game to win. Seems easy when talking about it but I trust our defence will come up big.

No Peyton playing on this team means we will not beat the Texans and I would venture to say, it won't even be close. Bad thing is, we have 2 more weeks to really speculate on who will be doing what and how much this issue was eithr underestimated or blown way out of proportion.

I think Reggie needs to calm down and just focus on what's important. He's says he knows its a business decision but he needs to be all business himself. Just do your job Reggie.

Well Reggie is in a contract year and doesn't want a crappy QB throwing him the ball so I am sure he is a bit edgy about whoever is throwing to him not named Manning

Well Reggie is in a contract year and doesn't want a crappy QB throwing him the ball so I am sure he is a bit edgy about whoever is throwing to him not named Manning

I can understand that but with that thought I would rather have a vet qb in the game than Painter which has shown that he can't get the job done. He may have a break out game tomorrow but I'm not betting on it. Maybe this will put some fire under his behind. lol

I am much happier with Collins starting over Painter, but I still don't want either starting in a meaningful game for the Colts. I still think Peyton will be able to go by week 1, but if I had to pick between Collins and Painter, I go with Collins without a doubt. Collins is a proven vet, Painter is unproven and hasn't done anything to warrant any praise or confidence