Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What I Wouldn't Mind Seeing In The First Two Rounds

The Bill's get desperate and trade the 12th, 22nd, 53rd, and WR Kelvin Benjamin to the Colts for the 6th overall pick.

12. Mike McGlinchey

22. Harold Landry

36. Sony Michel

37. DJ Chark

49. Billy Price

53. Isiah Oliver

Colts commit to giving Luck more protection and playmakers while adding a pass rusher and solid corner.

2 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

The Bill's get desperate and trade the 12th, 22nd, 53rd, and WR Kelvin Benjamin to the Colts for the 6th overall pick.

12. Mike McGlinchey

22. Harold Landry

36. Sony Michel

37. DJ Chark

49. Billy Price

53. Isiah Oliver

Colts commit to giving Luck more protection and playmakers while adding a pass rusher and solid corner.

I like McGlinchey at 12 if Smith and Edmunds is gone.

I don't see Landry there at 22.  Would get Hernandez.  Makes Oline a lot better.

At 36 or 37 would get Hubbard and Michel.  Would get Chark at 47, then look for a LB

Here's what I'd like to see in the first two rounds.

An impact player in round one; and overall, an  OL, CB, LB or DL and WR or RB.

I'd love to build the defense; but I think we need to make sure our strength is strong first. that's offense as long as Luck is playing. And we went primarily defense last year

7 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

12. Mike McGlinchey

22. Harold Landry

36. Sony Michel

37. DJ Chark

49. Billy Price

53. Isiah Oliver

I'm confused how in one post you can be so adamantly opposed to Roquan at 6, and then take McGlinchey at 12.  He's a top 20 maybe.  CBS and NFL.com have him at 35 overall.  Lots of mocks have him going after pick 15, the second half of the first.  Some don't have him as the top tackle at all. 

He is exactly the example of a thin class driving the market value up on a desired position.  LB is deeper overall than tackle this draft, but they are about equal in terms of first round talent. 

I'm not picking a fight, I seriously can't understand the logic of being so anti-Roquan at 6 and pro McGlinchey at 12.  To me, those are identical picks.  Maybe a pick or four too early, but if that's your player, if he's the top name on the board, and you can't maneuver any more, you take your player. 

I'm fine with a variety of logic and a large range of picks as long you have sufficient evidence to back it up. If your answer to why a mock is good or bad, or why you don't like a player is that the draft analysts have him at pick x, then that's a lazy reason based on nothing. If you give a reason like "we could trade down and acquire that pick still", that holds more water. I swear half the people on here look at the latest mock draft and think that's exactly the range where a player will go.

The worst thing is that no one ever says player x will be a bust early on either. The people I respect the most are the ones who come out and say "Barkley will be a bust" (or whatever player in his spot) and gives valid logic behind it. Not every player in the 1st round or two will hit, and not every pick will go in the exact range that cbs sports or mel kiper says. Think outside the box people.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

12. Mike McGlinchey

22. Harold Landry

36. Sony Michel

37. DJ Chark

49. Billy Price

53. Isiah Oliver

This is very similar to what I want to see...trade back and get another pick. Except I want a LB with one of those first two picks. And I would want a different WR than Chark.

I am not really sold on McGlinchey.  Perhaps I am wrong, but I see Nelson as being by far the better OLman, which leads to the question, how much of McGlinchey’s success is due to having a stud like Nelson beside him?  

I know the question might be posed in reverse, but I just see McGlinchey as being a late first round / early second round prospect, though admittedly one that will be over drafted.  I’d rather take one of the stub DB prospects at 12.

I like the players you picked but the slotting has issues I think.

If you swapped the Landry and McGlinchey picks, take Chark out, bump up the Price and Oliver picks by one and then slot Chark at the bottom then might work out better. So it would end up looking like this.

12 Landry

22 McGlinchey

36 Michel

37 Price

49 Oliver

53 Chark

The only issue for me would be no LBs. We need at least 2 in the first 3 rounds I think. Personally I'd replace the McGlinchey pick with VanderEsche (I'm assuming Roquan and Tremaine are gone at 12 which I think is likely), and Chark with the best LB on the board. Maybe look at Dante Pettis, Antonio Calloway later and maybe Brian O'Neill or Tyrell Crosby in the early 3rd if you're looking at Oline.

Very interesting thoughts though.