Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tarrell Basham

With all the talk about Chubb has got to be our pick at 3, has everybody given up on Basham? I think he might be the biggest riser with us transitioning to a 4-3. I went back and watched some of his tapes from Ohio and thinking he's going to play a lot better in the 4-3 base. If Ballard goes Barkley/Nelson etc with 3 or a trade down I think this shows confidence in what they see in Basham with the defense changing. If he can prosper in it, then take a DE in the 2nd to pair with sheard. I think after FA we'll see a glimpse of Ballard plan. If he doesn't address the oline I would assume he's got his sights on a trade down then grabbing Nelson. Just a thought.

43 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

With all the talk about Chubb has got to be our pick at 3, has everybody given up on Basham? I think he might be the biggest riser with us transitioning to a 4-3. I went back and watched some of his tapes from Ohio and thinking he's going to play a lot better in the 4-3 base. If Ballard goes Barkley/Nelson etc with 3 or a trade down I think this shows confidence in what they see in Basham with the defense changing. If he can prosper in it, then take a DE in the 2nd to pair with sheard. I think after FA we'll see a glimpse of Ballard plan. If he doesn't address the oline I would assume he's got his sights on a trade down then grabbing Nelson. Just a thought.

No one has given up on Basham. We need more than one pass rusher. Either to play at the same time or depth rotation.

1 hour ago, boo2202 said:

As much as I've come around on Chubb and I do think he will be a good NFL player, I think his ceiling isn't as high as say Nelson or Barkley. Nelson I could easily see as an All-Pro guard same as Barkley at RB. 

I would be absolutely fine with solving our pass rush by maybe going out and getting an underrated pass rusher in free agency, or getting someone like Ogbonnia Okoronko from Oklahoma in the 2nd to go along with Sheard and Basham.

35 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

No one has given up on Basham. We need more than one pass rusher. Either to play at the same time or depth rotation.

We still have Sheard too and I bet Ballard would still get another pass rusher in the 2nd or 3rd if he went with someone like Nelson or Barkley in the 1st. 

We're switching to a 4-3....

Youd have Chubb on the right side and Sheard on the left side.    Basham is the backup on one side or the other.

No one is giving up on Basham..   but you can't do nothing and just hope that Basham magically blooms into a great player in one season.

Too many people here think we will have fixed the pass rush once we get one good rusher.   The truth is the top isss rush defenses have 3, 4 or even 5 different guys to itesdure the QB from every possible direction.    

Our pass rush will NOT be fixed if we draft Chubb...   more steps will still have to be taken.

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

We're switching to a 4-3....

Youd have Chubb on the right side and Sheard on the left side.    Basham is the backup on one side or the other.

No one is giving up on Basham..   but you can't do nothing and just hope that Basham magically blooms into a great player in one season.

Too many people here think we will have fixed the pass rush once we get one good rusher.   The truth is the top isss rush defenses have 3, 4 or even 5 different guys to itesdure the QB from every possible direction.    

Our pass rush will NOT be fixed if we draft Chubb...   more steps will still have to be taken.

Nice use of the word "itesdure" :)