Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marshawn Lynch Is A Raider

King Colt

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

31 years old - off all year last season and played about a half season in 2015 So is that all good or all bad? I wish him the best so when they play NE for the chance to go  to the SB they defeat them.

Do you know how to post links?

I couldn't help but notice that the cost for Oakland to acquire Lynch from Seattle was pennies on the dollar.

Seattle gets Oakland's 5th round pick.

And Oakland gives Seattle a 6th round pick in return.        So a swap of roughly 30-35 spots, which is nice,   but neither team gains a pick.

Just the latest example of how hard it's going to be to do a normal deal.    The market value here in 2017 is not like the market in other years.....

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I couldn't help but notice that the cost for Oakland to acquire Lynch from Seattle was pennies on the dollar.

And Oakland gives Seattle a 6th round pick in return.        So a swap of roughly 30-35 spots, which is nice,   but neither team gains a pick.

Just the latest example of how hard it's going to be to do a normal deal.    The market value here in 2017 is not like the market in other years.....

Lynch probably told Seattle he wasn't returning to the NFL to play for them and that he was only interested in playing for Oakland.  

So Seattle could hold it's rights and get nothing. . . or they could move up 30 spots in the draft essentially for free. 

That's why the compensation was so low.  

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

He wasn't coming back to play for Seattle.   

If Lynch wanted to play for Oakland,  and Oakland wanted to acquire him from Seattle,  they had to pay something that resembles a fair market value.

But make no mistake,  Seattle HAD leverage.     Nothing happens without a deal.

My point is that this is the market value for 2017.      Pennies on the dollar.

It may be fair,   but let's all remember that if the Colts make a trade tonight and don't get back what you'd normally expect.

35 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If Lynch wanted to play for Oakland,  and Oakland wanted to acquire him from Seattle,  they had to pay something that resembles a fair market value.

But make no mistake,  Seattle HAD leverage.     Nothing happens without a deal.

My point is that this is the market value for 2017.      Pennies on the dollar.

It may be fair,   but let's all remember that if the Colts make a trade tonight and don't get back what you'd normally expect.

This is in no way similar to a draft day trade.  The Seahawks would have got nothing otherwise.  Lynch is 31-and hasn't played in over a year.

Just now, jvan1973 said:

This is in no way similar to a draft day trade.  The Seahawks would have got nothing otherwise.  Lynch is 31-and hasn't played in over a year.

He's still Marshawn Lynch.     And Seattle still had leverage if they wanted to exercise it.    Fortunately,  they didn't.

The point remains.....    teams will mostly be making discounted deals in this draft.     That's been my prediction for about a month and I've seen nothing to point to any other conclusion.....

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

He's still Marshawn Lynch.     And Seattle still had leverage if they wanted to exercise it.    Fortunately,  they didn't.

The point remains.....    teams will mostly be making discounted deals in this draft.     That's been my prediction for about a month and I've seen nothing to point to any other conclusion.....

But this situation has nothing to do with what might happen tonight.   

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

But this situation has nothing to do with what might happen tonight.   

That's your viewpoint.

It's certainly not mine.....

This deal looks like all the other off-season trades....   almost all of which involved the swapping of picks,  and not the acquiring of extra picks.     

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

That's your viewpoint.

It's certainly not mine.....

This deal looks like all the other off-season trades....   almost all of which involved the swapping of picks,  and not the acquiring of extra picks.     

Brandon cooks first rounder and a trade of a third for a fourth.

osweiler,  the Brown's spent big money to acquire a second round pick.  

Dwayne Allen for a fourth

What other trades of note have there been?

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Dwayne Allen for a 4th and we sent NE back a 6th.     That's a swap.

NE sends a 2 to Carolina for Kony Ealy and a 3.       That's a swap.

I think there have been a few others other than the Lynch deal,  but you get the idea...

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Dwayne Allen for a 4th and we sent NE back a 6th.     That's a swap.

NE sends a 2 to Carolina for Kony Ealy and a 3.       That's a swap.

I think there have been a few others other than the Lynch deal,  but you get the idea...

None of those guys were big pieces.  Much like lynch

Just now, jvan1973 said:

None of those guys were big pieces.  Much like lynch

So?

In previous years they would've been traded for a pick.     Maybe a late pick,  but they'd go for a pick.

This year?       They're traded in a swap of picks.      So neither team is gaining or losing picks.   

Picks are more precious than gold in the next 3 days....

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

So?

In previous years they would've been traded for a pick.     Maybe a late pick,  but they'd go for a pick.

This year?       They're traded in a swap of picks.      So neither team is gaining or losing picks.   

Trades involving swapping of picks isn't a new thing.  I assume they grade the player they are trading for on a similar chart that teams use to value trade picks.

My bigger point is,  The Seahawks get nothing at all if they try to play hardball.  

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Trades involving swapping of picks isn't a new thing.  I assume they grade the player they are trading for on a similar chart that teams use to value trade picks.

My bigger point is,  The Seahawks get nothing at all if they try to play hardball.  

I know it's not new....     but I believe it's happening more and more this year....

The Seahawks maybe get nothing,    but they didn't get all that much for a player who will likely still be a very good player...     I don't expect the drop-off for Lynch to be all that much....    and if that's true,   then Oakland looks like they've got a steal....

17 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

By the way,  I just had a chance to double-check....

Both the Cooks deal and the Osweiler deal were swaps,  with picks going both ways.....

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

By the way,  I just had a chance to double-check....

Both the Cooks deal and the Osweiler deal were swaps,  with picks going both ways.....

The pats gave up a first.  Then swapped a 3rd for a 4th

And as I said,  the Brown's essentially bought a second from the Texans for millions in cap savings.  

"Cleveland also will receive the Texans' 2018 second-round pick and a 2017 sixth-round pick (No. 188 overall). Houston will get a 2017 fourth-round pick (No. 142), and save $10 million in salary-cap space and $16 million in cash this season."

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

So?

Did you see the first trade in the draft to move up one pick?

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

So?

Or the second trade

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Or the second trade

What in the world do you think you're proving based on two picks at the top of the draft?

The proof will come after three days,   not 10 picks.

This is post number 10 from you to me in this thread.      Over what?

And the discussion is over until after the draft.

Try to enjoy the draft......    if you can.