Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Malcolm Butler

2 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Yep.  Too expensive.  He may be screwed because I don't think any other team will give up what it takes to get him.

Exactly, but what was missing in the OP is he is asking for Gilmore money (13M a year) he will not get that! (IMO no team giving up a 1st and that kind of money outside of maybe Cleveland.

II is my understanding if you sign him now you give up a 1st. rd. pick.  They can still trade him for less.  They currently have no 1st. or 2nd. rd. pick. The Rams are trying to move T. Johnson for a 2nd. and now Butler is a very unhappy camper.  This makes the so called FA market for CB more competitive. I thought we would make an offer for Johnson now you can add Butler to the mix.  We already traded with the Pats.  Maybe we do it again.

29 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

II is my understanding if you sign him now you give up a 1st. rd. pick.  They can still trade him for less.  They currently have no 1st. or 2nd. rd. pick. The Rams are trying to move T. Johnson for a 2nd. and now Butler is a very unhappy camper.  This makes the so called FA market for CB more competitive. I thought we would make an offer for Johnson now you can add Butler to the mix.  We already traded with the Pats.  Maybe we do it again.

Will the colts pay him 13M a season for 4 years with more than half guaranteed?

7 hours ago, Boomstick1 said:

Seems like the Patriots handled a player wrong for the first time in ever

Him being unhappy is one thing but the Pats did not miss handle anything IMO.  They can likely get a 1st or 2nd rounder out of him still plus they still got Cooks without giving Butler up.  Again, they have shown how you work teams for picks.  

30 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Will the colts pay him 13M a season for 4 years with more than half guaranteed?

Possibly or close to it.  It seems like a lot but it won't seem like a lot next year. We have the money and the need.  As far as I see it they have two premier choices to choose from.  Hope they get one of them. 

The Saints would be the team on my list to watch out for. If they can get the money right they can just give back the 32nd pick and its essentially a Cook for Butler trade. I don't see any team out there that is just a corner away from changing their fortunes. Not many are going to give up their first in this draft....it would be a team at the back end or multiple picks. Saints fit the bill needing a top corner to go up against Jones and Evans twice a year. I could see Pittsburg interested as they are in a win now mode with Big Ben contemplating retirement any year now.

35 minutes ago, dgambill said:

The Saints would be the team on my list to watch out for. If they can get the money right they can just give back the 32nd pick and its essentially a Cook for Butler trade. I don't see any team out there that is just a corner away from changing their fortunes. Not many are going to give up their first in this draft....it would be a team at the back end or multiple picks. Saints fit the bill needing a top corner to go up against Jones and Evans twice a year. I could see Pittsburg interested as they are in a win now mode with Big Ben contemplating retirement any year now.

Reports were that the Saints had declined a Cooks for Butler trade in the beginning, why would they turn around and do it now?