Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

QB Sneak

coltsfeva

So, I was reading where NE is successful 80% of the time when they run the QB sneak on 4th and 1.  Everyone knows its coming but they can't stop it. With Kelly, Mewhort and Haeg, I would love to see more of it from the Colts. With Lucks size, he should be able to get that yard. I just hope Chud will see things like this and utilize them next year.

49 minutes ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

That and use the read option every once in a while. It worked the ONLY two times I remember seeing Luck use it. Idk if Chud calls those types of plays, however. 

Yeah they've used it in good situations, in the chiefs playoff game a few years back (obviously pep was calling the plays.)

But they also did in the Texans game at home this season with a lot of success.

So far with Chud at the helm I would say I have been highly disappointed in everything from him.  He does not utilize his players in the correct way and the play calling is so incredibly mundane.  I feel like D coordinators know what we are going to run before he calls it in.  We need to change things up and hopefully having a new GM can allow them to switch things up this year because the pressure of having a job after this year is always  there.

4 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

So, I was reading where NE is successful 80% of the time when they run the QB sneak on 4th and 1.  Everyone knows its coming but they can't stop it. With Kelly, Mewhort and Haeg, I would love to see more of it from the Colts. With Lucks size, he should be able to get that yard. I just hope Chud will see things like this and utilize them next year.

Bizzare.  You have 6'6" guards that weigh about 310 that CAN`T get down low against shorter, heavier d-lineman, and you think that is good. What the ____ is wrong with you people?

4 hours ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

That and use the read option every once in a while. It worked the ONLY two times I remember seeing Luck use it. Idk if Chud calls those types of plays, however. 

Problem is that the more you use a play the more it's expected.  

I think the read option with Luck is a play you keep stuffed in your pocket for a critical situation in a critical game.  If you are whipping that play out 5 or 6 times during the regular season, by the time you get to a critical game they will be on to you. 

It needs to be used regardless of who knows where gonna use it he's a dual threat all it takes is one defensive player to react badly for it to work..using it 3 times a season isn't gonna have anyone looking to stop it during a defensive game plan 

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

Problem is that the more you use a play the more it's expected.  

I think the read option with Luck is a play you keep stuffed in your pocket for a critical situation in a critical game.  If you are whipping that play out 5 or 6 times during the regular season, by the time you get to a critical game they will be on to you. 

Yeah, true. Just ask Kap.

8 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Wait, you don't want us to keep running that stupid handoff out of the shotgun that gets stuffed for a 2 yard loss every single time?

8 hours ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

i think we used the read option fairly often under pep

the thing is, luck almost never kept the ball, so defenses ignored him and treated them as normal handoffs

it did work well when he kept it though

4 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Bizzare.  You have 6'6" guards that weigh about 310 that CAN`T get down low against shorter, heavier d-lineman, and you think that is good. What the ____ is wrong with you people?

So, you're saying we should never attempt it in goal line or a yard or less situations? Again, NE has an 80% success rate with it and everybody knows it's coming. I'm just saying I'd like to see it once in a while.